• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes A question about scope bases. Help Needed!

glockophile

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2009
Underground bunker! Indiana
Im looking to get a new base for a rifle Im setting up and Im having a hard time figuring out what to go with. I have a new Remington 700 Police and it does not have a detachable magazine, just a hinged floorplate. Im looking at a 1 piece picatinny rail but im concerned that it will be hard to feed rounds into the internal mag from the top of the receiver. Should I go with a 2 piece base or stick with the one piece. Thanks

Re: A question about scope bases. Help Needed!

Never had a problem top feeding rounds in on guns that had a 1 piece base.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: head2h2o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never had a problem top feeding rounds in on guns that had a 1 piece base. </div></div>

+1

DK

Feel very strongly about using a one piece base, I prefer Badger Ordnance or similar. The one piece base isolates the scope from any ation flex that occurs during firing. Two piece bases transmit any action flex or harmonics directly through your scope tube, resulting in the very least scope ring marks on your scope. If you have the ability, the Badger bases have provisions to secure them to the action with six 8-40 screws vs. 4 6-48 screws. Like Dave Lauck says, take what you need at a minimum for security, then double it.