• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A solution to my Pit Problem

I'm happy to see something being done. I'm tired of the same small group of vocal, alt-rigt/Q Anon types throwing out insults and berating members who offer opposing views that don't match theirs. I left another board because the final straw was the same types moved in and highjacked what used to be a polite gun board. And here it is getting old. Maybe being more aggressive with bans for bad behavior in the Pit will help make the discussion a little more civil in the long run.

I'm not trying to stir the pot and certainly don't want us to lose our priviledges to express our thoughts openly in a responsible way. All I'm saying is that we are able see a politically themed thread title and we have the ability to not enter the thread through personal choice. There are already so many sub-forums on the hide that already address any type of shooting related discussion.

it use to be a no political thread site. I enjoyed it much more before when it wasn’t allowed.

I think that they are fine to have. But like you want them to be up all the time I want to be able to turn that feature off. I come here to get away from all the bullshit that the media is shoveling these days.

so as much as you want them left on I want them to be able to turn off as I please. It’s called comprising with each other.

I never said remove all political threads and do not let people post political views.

Reactions: Slash0311
I'm happy to see something being done. I'm tired of the same small group of vocal, alt-rigt/Q Anon types throwing out insults and berating members who offer opposing views that don't match theirs. I left another board because the final straw was the same types moved in and highjacked what used to be a polite gun board. And here it is getting old. Maybe being more aggressive with bans for bad behavior in the Pit will help make the discussion a little more civil in the long run.
Maybe you're looking for the teddy bear pit.
BTW point me out some alt right folks.

R

Politics is one thing but this deal of openly threatening and advocating stupid shit makes *ALL* of US who are here for the shooting look like whacko's and that draws the attention of people we don't want or need watching. It makes The Hide a target. Politics is one thing but this threatening posture about people who don't agree or have alternative perspective is unseemly on a board that has this much sheer talent and experience.

I personally just put the worst of the lot on ignore and it keeps me from interacting with them or contemplating their stupid shit. But The Public and prying eyes eat this stupid shit up and it makes The Hide look like a den of idiots.

VooDoo

4mx48f.jpg

Maybe you're looking for the teddy bear pit.
BTW point me out some alt right folks.

R
Or re -read VooDoo's post. He makes a lot of valid points.
And here is a Hint: some of those alt rights are currently under a short ban for posting racist comments. Look for them and their buddies in threads. They tend to post together.

And here is a Hint: some of those alt rights are currently under a short ban for posting racist comments. Look for them and their buddies in threads. They tend to post together.
Oooorrr, they are one with many IP addresses...:mad:

There is a difference between 'discussion of controversial subjects' and posting stuff that is overtly fucked up and has no redeeming value.

Frank could take it off the public stage, and may do that, but whats to keep one who is 'gathering evidence' from just playing along till they get in?

I dont have the answer, its up to him.
Yes, There is a point where I would throw someone out of my house also. Even if the pit went private. Derogatory hate speach won't and shouldn't be tolerated either way.

Its not an excuse or a platform for ignorance, its just a "hey fellas let's take these discussions over here." ... 🚪

How hard is it to exit out of a thread if you don’t like the content? My god crybaby’s are making it the pussy pit. “Don’t step on my feelers! I’m not capable of not looking, so I need someone to keep it g rated so I feel comfy and get my trophy. Gtfo

For what passes as racist these days I'll make my own judgements.
I'd not quote Voodoo if you're to be taken seriously.

R

Another board requires registration with a non-free email address. It helped a lot in keeping trolls/trouble makers from coming back.

As for racist comment, if the owners of THIS board says what they said was bad, then, you should take it up with them. I just agree with the owners decision and feel they should get more than two weeks.

That kills the stream to gains in membership and ad impressions. Not smart.

The Bear Pit is basically the AM news station of this site, with Maggie's being the FM (Entertainment, music, etc)... Breaking news and related content gets A LOT of views from general Web traffic in very little time. Therefore, it is important that the Pit be not only visible, but prominent to all who access the site, as well as prominent on search engine rankings.

We can have a Politics subforum for political debates/discussions, but the Pit itself would be for "BREAKING", "ALERT", "FIREMISSION", and anything of that matter.

I get 100% of my daily news from gun forum general discussions boards. Not the media, not web browser headings, not apps, etc...

Yes, There is a point where I would throw someone out of my house also. Even if the pit went private. Derogatory hate speach won't and shouldn't be tolerated either way.

Its not an excuse or a platform for ignorance, its just a "hey fellas let's take these discussions over here." ... 🚪

Let's organize this as we would a radio station.

Station personnel have programs that they adhere to. Personnel may have different views about things and whatnot but they do not argue about them ad hoc on air. The Bear Pit is perhaps one of the largest beacons driving membership and views to this site because MANY folks get their news from sources "by the people, for the people". A lot of things I see on the Pit would never get covered by a MSM news app or site, so it is important we have the Pit and Maggie's "broadcasting"... However, quality control is what we must keep in mind when we broadcast here. Let's put out content that people WANT to see, and a lot of it. Politics without arguing and bickering is an important part of news.

You guys seem to be making plans but I seriously doubt that is what @lowlight is looking for. I think he will make his own plans. This was likley a warning and heads up. Not a solisitation for suggestions.

Last edited:
Why don’t you show me where it hurts because you’re obviously ass hurt over my opinion

Yes, feel better now. Would you like to show me on the doll where it hurts?
Here I’ll use your childish ass comments
Yes, feel better now. Would you like to show me on the doll where it hurts?

What did your parents do to you that fucked you up so bad you can’t handle any opinion but your own. Bet your wife thinks you’re a complete asshole

Jrb,

You are not making sense. If you don't open a thread it has no effect on you. It is really simple. Hard to imagine that is not obvious to anyone.
There are many areas of this site I never visit.
NOM NOM NOM. What the hell is that for. I have zero interest but take no offense and am not asking to have it removed or censered. Many others come to mind.

Jrb,

You are not making sense. If you don't open a thread it has no effect on you. It is really simple. Hard to imagine that is not obvious to anyone.
There are many areas of this site I never visit.
NOM NOM NOM. What the hell is that for. I have zero interest but take no offense and am not asking to have it removed or censered. Many others come to mind.
Rth
I never asked for it to be removed or sensored. If that was how you or others took it I am sorry. But look several post up where I state I never asked for that. Just a simple thing I could do if I choose to use it.

never once anywhere did I say remove any type of content

I also wonder about those who "don't enjoy the pit". Don't come to the pit. Problem solved. I often stay out for weeks.
Yeah, I'm of the opinion that if you don't like it, don't read it. if there's an area that you don't like, change the channel.

For this section I'd rather have a simple acknowledgment with agreement to pay fine.

I do hereby affirm, admit, acknowledge that if I am offended in any way it is because I want to be according to Modern and old psychology. I further a test that if I get my feelings hurt in any way shape or form it is of my own doing because I want those said feelings to be harmed. I do hereby affirm and agreed to pay the $500 fine if I report personal attacks, personal offence Etc.

Hard to believe that a site where most of us get made fun of and do the making fun of friends family and various acquaintances have to worry about this kind of thing

I
Does anyone have any idea what kind of behavior Lowlight is trying to limit???

I agree it is to curb behavior like I am doing right now. But I am tired of the fact I am not able to voice my opinion and when I do I get attacked for something.
Once again I never asked for political stuff to be removed just a thing I could deselect if that is what I chose. Sorry if it doesn’t agree with the mob.

It amazes me the people that just can't control themselves! You want gun only stuff then why the fuck are you even in the pit?....It's the same assholes that ask for a thread to be shut down because they feel like its a topic that has been discussed to much already....they just can't fucking ignore it and not click on it. I imagine they would be the same ones complaining to their HOA about their neighbors' leaving their trash can out more than an hour after the garbage truck pulled around the corner or their grass being five thousands of an inch over regulation or checking to see if someone has a permit for their back yard BBQ.

It amazes me the people that just can't control themselves! You want gun only stuff then why the fuck are you even in the pit?....It's the same assholes that ask for a thread to be shut down because they feel like its a topic that has been discussed to much already....they just can't fucking ignore it and not click on it. I imagine they would be the same ones complaining to their HOA about their neighbors' leaving their trash can out more than an hour after the garbage truck pulled around the corner or their grass being five thousands of an inch over regulation or checking to see if someone has a permit for their back yard BBQ.
Same reason the tag on the hair dryer says "do not use while in shower". Common sense ain't that common anymore. There are already tools to keep folks from getting butt-hurt, they're called direction keys. They allow you to scroll right past political topics. Dozens and dozens of sub-forums on this site which make no mention of politics.

I already know all there is to know about guns. If you don't believe me, ask me.

I come to The Bear Pit to learn about whats going on in our government and what the commies are doing to try and take it over.

And up till now, I thought only women had brains the size of a squirrel.

I discovered Sniper's Hide via a Bear Pit thread that showed up in the top results on Google search. I had been browsing around for ways to increase 2A activism efficiency by using modifiable email templates and letter blanks that can be custom addressed to their recipients, yet easily shared and posted for others to print/use/send... A Bear Pit thread popped up in one search and it took me about 2 minutes of perusing before I was like "wow, this site is awesome, how come I haven't stumbled upon it before?"... Within the next minute I was registering my account...

I

I agree it is to curb behavior like I am doing right now. But I am tired of the fact I am not able to voice my opinion and when I do I get attacked for something.
Once again I never asked for political stuff to be removed just a thing I could deselect if that is what I chose. Sorry if it doesn’t agree with the mob.

That's a mouse or a fingertip, depending on device.