• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A-TACS pattern won't be the Army's next pattern...

ceylonc

Eberlestock Dealer
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2006
Memphis, TN
Looks like A-TACS is no longer in the running to be the Army's next pattern.

http://soldiersystems.net/2011/12/14/dig...ovement-effort/

I'm working on trying to find out which patterns are still in the running. I have a friend in this industry & he might be able to shed some light here...

Just fyi... Thought this was interesting news myself, with so many nylon companies rolling out A-TACS camo options for their gear.

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

Re: A-TACS pattern won't be the Army's next pattern...

I think there was supposed to be an announcement on the 15th, still waiting... I'm actually just as interested in seeing the rejected designs as the winners.

BTW check your PM/email dude, been trying to reach ya!

A friend just got issued his new uniform for an upcoming a'stan deployment. All Multicam.

I'm curious to see what it's gonna be. My bet is multicam or something completely stupid.

New report today said the winners will be revealed around the second week of January. Then they print the patterns, and do another 18 months of testing before picking the overall winner.

Still won't be as bad as the Navy's

Thats to bad they make a really good camo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still won't be as bad as the Navy's </div></div>

You realize the Navy camo isn't meant to hide people, it's meant to hide stains that get on people?

VERY reliable source tells me this is the winner.

1zyxwld.jpg

RJ,
That pattern has a better chance of blending in than the current ACU..lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reclaimer1986</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still won't be as bad as the Navy's </div></div>

You realize the Navy camo isn't meant to hide people, it's meant to hide stains that get on people? </div></div>

Yes, I do know that. I was mainly referring to over all appearance I guess, from a cosmetic stand point.

Van Damme wore the navyuniform before it was cool. And his beret is all fucked up...

1158.jpg

my Bedouin tent in Kuwait had that pattern...or was it the circuis truck our regiment bought for transport..i forget

anyway, it should blend in with the scenery

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _RJ_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">VERY reliable source tells me this is the winner.

1zyxwld.jpg
</div></div>