• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC Brakeout for 6.8 with 1/2x28 thread pitch?

MrBrown

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2009
College Station, TX
I've got a Stag 6.8 with 1/2x28 thread pitch...I'm looking to put a M4-2000 on it but the only 6.8 mounts I can find are 5/8x24...anyone know where I might locate one 1/2x28?

Thanks

-Brown

Re: AAC Brakeout for 6.8 with 1/2x28 thread pitch?

are you sure they are 1/2x28? That would leave little meat there given the bore to thread ratio....

gotta get the 1/2x28 223 brake and drill it out. I had the same problem and it works like a champ!

Use some good bits for the hard brake metal.
I think 5 HSS got smoked when I did mine.
Go slow and use lots of coolant/lube or the metal will get even harder and the next bits won't have a chance.

Got an FAL from DSA that uses 1/2-28 on the 7.62 barrel (talk about no meat)

Id let someone that knows machining do that mod on the 1/2x28 break. Your also going to have to find a tap in your desired size. They can be expensive.

In my case the bore of the brake was drilled out with no change in the thread size.

I have a DSA FAL to with the insanely stupid 1/2 x 28 thread and needed the same thing you do so I called up Mike Mers @ AAC and he hooked me up with the proper 1/2 x 28 30 cal mount it was not listed as in stock on the AAC web site. He also cautioned me not to mill / drill out a 5.56 cal mount as the mounts are cut using an EDM machine to ensure proper spec / fit ect. and since he sold me the mount I needed I did not peruse drilling anything I'm not saying its a world ender to machine out a 5.56 mount just that he told me not to FWIW, tahnks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Id let someone that knows machining do that mod on the 1/2x28 break. Your also going to have to find a tap in your desired size. They can be expensive. </div></div>

no no no, it was easy, I chucked it up in a drill press, and gradually stepped up, using larger and larger drill bits, to get the size i needed. The bit NEVER touches the 1/2x28 threads.

Well to make matters worse...stag shows it to have 1/2x36 threads...so i'm gonna have to do some more research. Thanks for all the input guys.

-Brown