• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AADMOUNT Flip Up Caps Scope Request/Measurement Thread

S&B PMII 4-16x50 , objective is 2.244 , eye piece is 1.672 ,

Also , what about different colour , ie green or tan , brown etc ?

Are these 3D printed /

Cheers Chris

I don't know. Could you measure the outside of a killflash?

Using Hornday Digital Calipers

2.050" +-.001" (0.136" -.001" Thick)

with a step up to

2.141" +-.001" (0.236" +-.002 Thick this varied quite a bit from .234" to .2375")

Hope this helps.

Jon,

2 questions ?

Do you also ship overseas (Northern Italy, it'd be) ?

Do you have a set available for Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 from stock or short delivery ?

Thnx

J66

I believe I read some ways back that the covers for the 6-24x50 would also fit the 4-16x50.

I received mine today for my HDMR in a LT-120 mount (that's the lower one) on my OBR. It just clears the pic rail in the front and the BUIS in the rear. A perfect fit all the way around. Construction seems very stout, materials are excellent, shipping was very fast. Overall, I love them and expect they will last along, long time.

Please make a set for the NF 2.5-10x42. I'll buy them immediately. :)

Also, how about a cross reference on your site showing the measurements for each set of covers that are in production. We might find a few matches. Meanwhile, I could also use a pair of oculars for my Bushnell tactical binoculars at 2.265"

Thanks. Really pleased with the covers.

Sorry Jon but I'm out on the PST caps. I've upgraded the PST to a Razor HD and I'm about to hit the complete order button on your website for the Flip Up Cap Set, Vortex Razor 5-20X50 Tactical. I was wondering about that annoying red lever and the caps themselves. Have you decided if and when you'll be offering other color options?

I'll measure my USO and Leupold this week end and post numbers. Thanks for taking this on it surly was needed.
Thanks Jon
Bill

I just got mine for the HDMR. Wow quick shipping! The fit is very tight, it ain't going no where. The material and construction seems very stout, a lot better then the butlers. I'm really liking them so far!

Please put me down!!

NF 2.5-10x32

Also, any chance you would make a set for an Aimpoint T1 Micro?!

Thank you.

Mr. Jon, I'll take 2 sets for my Bushnell XRS.
And another set for me Ziess victory 4-16 50. I'll get some specs if you don't already have them.

Let me know how much I owe you

For all those waiting for the Steiner 5-25 caps, prototype set fit perfectly so they are now ready to order, expect delivery in about three weeks: Flip Up Cap Set, Steiner 5-25X56 Tactical

We're still working on a bunch more scopes and should more models available soon. Our stock is starting to catch up with the models that are complete.

We currently have in stock, ready to ship caps for the following:

SWFA 5-20, 3-9 and 3-15: SWFA

NF F1/NSX 50mm: NightForce

Bushnell XRS and DMR: Bushnell

Vortex PST 50mm: Vortex

And March 3-24: March

To some other questions, we don't ship anything out of country at this time. No different color options, etc, are available at this time.

For the first time since I was a kid when a few people asked what I wanted for Christmas... I told them, it paid off with a set of Aadmount flip caps and they're nice. Thanks Jon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    761.6 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    749.7 KB · Views: 25
Jon,

Got my SS 5-20's in over the weekend and already out to the range. They are all I could have asked for and I can't wait for the ATACRs to come out. I'll post up some photos soon but man they look good with my AADMOUNT mount.

Sully

I've bought three sets so far, very nice caps. I think the springs on the ocular caps are mousetrap springs. Just waiting for more inventory to be available. A no excuse lifetime guarantee is pretty nice too. Keep up the good work.

Will the ocular from the SWFA SS HD 5-20x50mm work on the 1-6x??? Once you design one for a 30mm tube objective, they should work on similar scopes???
Hi guys, yes the oculars are the same. Will be testing a 30mm cap prototype probably next week. And yes, once that's done it will fit any 30mm straight tube scope. That should cover quite a few 1-X scopes that have the same eyepieces as bigger scopes (1-4 NF same as 2.5-10?, PST 1-4 same as 4-16X, etc). I'll also have it available separately.

Hi guys, yes the oculars are the same. Will be testing a 30mm cap prototype probably next week. And yes, once that's done it will fit any 30mm straight tube scope. That should cover quite a few 1-X scopes that have the same eyepieces as bigger scopes (1-4 NF same as 2.5-10?, PST 1-4 same as 4-16X, etc). I'll also have it available separately.

Thanks for the reply Jon. If you remember, please respond to this thread so I'll get an email when they are available. Thanks man.

Jon, any chance that the ocular from the 56mm Steiner or Kahles would fit the Hensoldt, one good cap is better than none.

No, they're very different. I designed a special cap just for the Henny. Give me just a couple more days for another test fit to be sure and it'll go live.

In other news, we have had success with the S&B 5-25X56! I know a lot of you have been waiting for these, so here you go: Flip Up Cap Set, S&B 5-25X56

Should start shipping in 2-3 weeks.

Excellent Jon, looking forward to it, you also a mentioned the MK6 3-18x44 in earlier posts, I would take a set for those if they are ever going to be in the mill.

Lens cap review
I test fit these for my Kahles k624i and they are everything you could hope for. I have one of Jon's AR mounts too and the quality of his products are fantastic. Hell, in his instruction sheet he has a picture of him wrenching in the cap portion to help remove the whole cover. And says "don't worry, you won't break it." Damn...

Anyway, the fit to the scope is nice and tight and requires proper use of force to install. They are not coming off if you don't want them to. They close up very tight as well. I don't think we are going to have any issues of them opening unintentionally. They still open quickly and easily when we need them. When they are open the sit flat to the scope reducing the chance that I'll find something to snag with them. They are what you expect a no compromise product to be. Over built would be the term.

I have shown these off to my gunsmith as well as all of my bolt gun friends that I have see recently. Every one of them was impressed.

Any particular pictures wanted or questions that are out there?

Because a picture is worth a thousand words:
ede2yvyq.jpg

One more thing. This is a small American company with over the top service, awesome products, and a no bs warranty. Something about voting with my dollars...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am definitely in for a set of flipcaps for the Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42.

I love seeing American innovation and quality like this.

I am definitely in for a set of flipcaps for the Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42.

I love seeing American innovation and quality like this.

Just restating that I'm definitely in for the Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42. I already have a set for my HDMR and I'm very pleased with them.

Jon,

Tracking information received as well as notice of a small refund in shipping costs since 3 sets are shipping together. Great service, thank you.

Just received my caps for my March. These are insane!! Worth every penny and then some!

AADMOUNT Flip Up Caps Scope Request/Measurement Thread

I received the ATACR caps last night and I must say, these are the best scope caps on the market — period.

The measurements I provided Jon with were perfect and the caps fit very snug but not so tight that the end user can't attach or remove them. Two shims are included with the caps but they're unneeded because the caps would peel them off.

I was as rough with opening the caps as I could be in trying to get them to slip or wiggle around and my attempts failed. No matter how rough you are with flipping them open, the caps remain in place rather than spinning from applying too much force.

They're built tough and easy to manipulate but if something should happen, whether your fault or not, and the caps should malfunction or break...they're backed by a lifetime replacement.

For the shooters who want and need top quality gear, the Aadland caps are impossible to beat and a must have to protect your expensive glass.

Got these a week or so ago.(Leupold 8.5-25)

I believe Jon might be making a few adjustment's.

These are pure craftsmanship. You in no way can compare them to BC, which I've owned a lot.

I do like the sticky pads that mount on top of these to dampen the sound of opening,.

without them they are a bit noisy, opening.

I also included a pic of the Leupold cap that comes with the scope for comparison.

Attachments

• 20140106_untitled shoot_12.jpg
    20140106_untitled shoot_12.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20140106_untitled shoot_13.jpg
    20140106_untitled shoot_13.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 20140107_untitled shoot_1-3.jpg
    20140107_untitled shoot_1-3.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20140107_untitled shoot_2-2.jpg
    20140107_untitled shoot_2-2.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 18
Need a measurement on Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 AADMOUNT Front flip-up cap....please.

Hey Guys, I need a favour......to measure the EXACT inside diameter of the AADMOUNT front objective flip-up cap for the Vortex Viper PST 4-16 x 50.

I have ordered one set already, but I need that figure urgently !

Can someone help, please ?

Very much appreciated, thanks.

J66