• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AB Mobile Important Update (Release Version 2.0+)

DocUSMCRetired

Applied Ballistics
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2014
Texas
www.appliedballisticsllc.com
We would like to thank everyone for their patience while waiting for the latest update to the AB Mobile App on iOS & Android. These updates are now out for public release. They are currently rolling out region to region. Here are noteworthy updates to the apps:

1) Custom Drag Model (CDM) purchases no longer require users to scroll through a massive list, purchase, then select the CDM they wish to use. The CDMs are now tied to the bullet in the library selection, which makes CDM purchase much easier, and even shows which bullets you have a CDM for at a quick glance.

2) Custom Drag Models will now be available on iOS.

3) WebSync has been temporarily disabled to make this transition to the new system easier (more on this coming soon). Both iOS and Android feature this new CDM Purchase System along with AB Connect™ (see below).

4) AB Connect™ has now been implemented in to both the Android and iOS version of these apps. Anytime you have an internet connection, the app will check with the server to make sure you have the latest library. There will no longer be a need to update the app to ensure you have the latest information. It will be done automatically, providing the user with a prompt when new library information is available.

5) New User Guide. We now have an updated user guide (Link Here) which shows you how the new CDM system functions. It is the same on both Android and iOS for making purchases and using CDMs. This user guide will go live on the website, when the new app launches.

6) Updated and optimized for iOS 11 & iPhone X.

We appreciate your patience as these apps roll out to each region.

Important Note: With all these new systems in place it is HIGHLY recommended that you do a clean install of the apps on both Android and iOS. This will ensure that your bullet library, and profiles contain the most up to date information from our laboratory. It will also ensure that these new systems function to the best. You do not have to worry about needing to purchase the app again. As long as you are on the same Google Play or iTunes account that the app was purchased under, it will allow you to download it again for free. Please take the time to write down any important information about your rifle or ammo profiles so you can re-create them when you re-install the app.

AB Mobile Version 2.0 (All Platforms) Change Log:

1) AB Connect™ Integrated.

2) New Custom Drag Model Library System.

A) Easier to use interface.
B) Bullets in which the user has purchased a CDM now indicated in the Bullet Library Main Display.
C) CDMs now on iOS.

3) WebSync temporarily disabled (to be replaced with a better system).

4) Added App Version and Bullet Library Version to Preferences Display

5) Customizable Powder Temp (Android). User ability to input a custom powder temperature separate from air temp.

6) iOS 11 & iPhone X Ready.

7) Added Aerodynamic Jump (Android)

AB Mobile Version 2.1 Change Log:

1) Added Kestrel 5000, Drop 3, & WeatherFlow Meter compatibility.

There is an updated user manual here: http://appliedballisticsllc.com/sup...s/applied-ballistics-mobile-app-online-guide/

A PDF Version you can download here: http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/User Guides/ABMobileUserGuide.pdf

We have also introduced a firing solution checklist here: http://appliedballisticsllc.com/Articles/Firing Solution Check List.pdf which will be able to help you diagnose firing solution issues.

Last edited:
I have two quick questions, 1st are you going to be putting Nightforce's mil c reticle on your app and 2nd is there some reason why I cant get my Kestrel with AB and link to talk with your AB app?

I have two quick questions, 1st are you going to be putting Nightforce's mil c reticle on your app and 2nd is there some reason why I cant get my Kestrel with AB and link to talk with your AB app?

1) I do not have a time frame for the next set of reticles.

2) Are you on Android or iOS? Version 2.1 on Android works with the Kestrels.

I am on IOS and just updated to the latest version after I saw you had an update. I haven't tried the new version with the Kestrel yet.

I just did the update for Android. The app wants to turn on Bluetooth every time I turn it on. Rather annoying. Also, I cannot edit any projectile profiles because they are "old" tells me I have to delete and remake them. Also, rather irritating.
The atmosphere from device button is non-functional in the drop down menu, although if I hit the "Acquire Atmosphere" button it will let me select "from device" at that time.

Last edited:
Sweet. I have been considering the AB iOS for a while to compliment my 5700Elite, but more for comparing data than for range use that the 5700 gets.

Two questions though;

How much are CDM on iOS?
Are the Nightforce NP-R2 and/or MOAR reticles in there?

thanks

DocUSMCRetired - I did a fresh install after saving all my profiles etc to the web sync - now how do I restore them ? I cannot find a way - please help I have a bunch of different rifles and a pile of different rounds in

Thanks

OH crap looks like I am hosed - reading comprehension is fundemental

Important Note: With all these new systems in place it is HIGHLY recommended that you do a clean install of the apps on both Android and iOS. This will ensure that your bullet library, and profiles contain the most up to date information from our laboratory. It will also ensure that these new systems function to the best. You do not have to worry about needing to purchase the app again. As long as you are on the same Google Play or iTunes account that the app was purchased under, it will allow you to download it again for free. Please take the time to write down any important information about your rifle or ammo profiles so you can re-create them when you re-install the app.

Any Doc magic ?

Last edited:
I just did the update for Android. The app wants to turn on Bluetooth every time I turn it on. Rather annoying. Also, I cannot edit any projectile profiles because they are "old" tells me I have to delete and remake them. Also, rather irritating.
The atmosphere from device button is non-functional in the drop down menu, although if I hit the "Acquire Atmosphere" button it will let me select "from device" at that time.

The iOS App does not talk to Kestrels.

CDMs are 2$ each on both systems.

Yes.

DocUSMCRetired - I did a fresh install after saving all my profiles etc to the web sync - now how do I restore them ? I cannot find a way - please help I have a bunch of different rifles and a pile of different rounds in

Thanks

OH crap looks like I am hosed - reading comprehension is fundemental

Any Doc magic ?

There is no way to recover them now.

The iOS App does not talk to Kestrels.

CDMs are 2$ each on both systems.

Yes.

OK, lets try this again, as I don't think you read my post that you quoted and I have a little more time to flesh it out.

1). I updated the app for Android (not iOS). It is constantly asking me to turn on bluetooth. I don't have another device that I want my phone to communicate with, is there a way in settings to stop it from asking every time I fire it up and ask it for a firing solution. If not, you may consider adding that on future updates. If your response was meant to tell me that I should switch to an iOS product if I don't want the prompt to appear constantly then I don't really have anything to say to that except don't bother reading the rest of this, as customer support and product improvement are obviously not things you can be bothered with.

2). I just mentioned that the old profiles will not be able to be edited after the update and will need to be deleted and remade. I was not aware of this, but upon rereading the thread it was mentioned in the OP

3). I am able to pull sensor data from my phone. However on your drop down menu the "Atmosphere from Device" button is non functional. The feature is now under the "Aquire atmosphere" button, this is cool, however you may want to consider removing the non-functional option in further updates. This may prevent idiots like me from hitting it and assuming that their pressure data is now populated with the correct conditions.

OK, lets try this again, as I don't think you read my post that you quoted and I have a little more time to flesh it out.

1). I updated the app for Android (not iOS). It is constantly asking me to turn on bluetooth. I don't have another device that I want my phone to communicate with, is there a way in settings to stop it from asking every time I fire it up and ask it for a firing solution. If not, you may consider adding that on future updates. If your response was meant to tell me that I should switch to an iOS product if I don't want the prompt to appear constantly then I don't really have anything to say to that except don't bother reading the rest of this, as customer support and product improvement are obviously not things you can be bothered with.

2). I just mentioned that the old profiles will not be able to be edited after the update and will need to be deleted and remade. I was not aware of this, but upon rereading the thread it was mentioned in the OP

3). I am able to pull sensor data from my phone. However on your drop down menu the "Atmosphere from Device" button is non functional. The feature is now under the "Aquire atmosphere" button, this is cool, however you may want to consider removing the non-functional option in further updates. This may prevent idiots like me from hitting it and assuming that their pressure data is now populated with the correct conditions.

I could be wrong, but it looks like he quoted you by mistake, as he was answering phil’s question and not yours.

That will be version 2.1 of the app, and we do not have a development time frame/release for that. The Kestrel Elite already has the solver built in, and you would be solving the solution twice.

Sure, if you've got the Kestrel elite then who cares about the app, but the iOS version still cannot connect to a Weatherflow meter either, which means that every other iOS app is ultimately still more useful in the field. It's a pretty huge deal for user experience.

Sure, if you've got the Kestrel elite then who cares about the app, but the iOS version still cannot connect to a Weatherflow meter either, which means that every other iOS app is ultimately still more useful in the field. It's a pretty huge deal for user experience.

Which version of the kestrel are you trying to use? a 4500? those will never talk to ios, even in V2.1. The BT protocol is not up to apple "standards" in the 4 series of kestrels. You have to have a Kestrel with LINK in order to connect to an ios app.

Which version of the kestrel are you trying to use? a 4500? those will never talk to ios, even in V2.1. The BT protocol is not up to apple "standards" in the 4 series of kestrels. You have to have a Kestrel with LINK in order to connect to an ios app.

Re-read my post. I personally have a 5700 elite, and I do not use or care that much about the iOS app.

My point is this: lots of guys use these phone apps as their *only* ballistic computer, and most of them do it with the addition of a bluetooth Weatherflow meter. They turn their phones into their own personal little kestrel. When every other popular ballistics solver integrates with a Weatherflow out of the box, it leaves the AB iOS app a second class citizen...again.

It's not an Apple problem, the rest of the iOS apps have integrated with Weatherflow since the BT Weatherflow was released.

Re-read my post. I personally have a 5700 elite, and I do not use or care that much about the iOS app.

My point is this: lots of guys use these phone apps as their *only* ballistic computer, and most of them do it with the addition of a bluetooth Weatherflow meter. They turn their phones into their own personal little kestrel. When every other popular ballistics solver integrates with a Weatherflow out of the box, it leaves the AB iOS app a second class citizen...again.

It's not an Apple problem, the rest of the iOS apps have integrated with Weatherflow since the BT Weatherflow was released.

Sounds more like bashing, than a technical question.

Sounds more like bashing, than a technical question.

It was nothing more than a clarification of my previous post. Somehow my post was interpreted as complaining that a 4 series Kestrel wouldn't work with iOS?

My point in both posts is this: a very, very large majority of sport shooters use their phones alongside a Bluetooth Weatherflow meter as their one and only ballistic computer. Probably more than half of those guys use Apple phones. This means that the new iOS AB app is still not an option for them.

I don't know how you interpret any of that as bashing. It's user feedback. Important user feedback at that.

I am waiting for AB Mobile on IOS to be able to able to talk to a Kestrel Drop before I purchase AB Mobile and take advantage of CDM's. I am using Shooter app and it can talk to the Kestrel Drop on IOS. I would like to try out CDM on AB Mobile (which I was looking forward to until I found out it can't talk to the Drop), but until it can talk Kestrel, I will stay with Shooter.

Help please. I deleted my earlier version of AB mobile for iOS and installed the newest release. Everything appears to work as expected, however, the output table in trajectory view does not populate correctly. The table headings do not align with the various output columns and the range column does not populate at all.

Has anyone else come across this?

So we can't edit older profiles, can't restore them after deleting, and the update is essentially forcing us to delete everything and rebuild it without any backups?

Great update...thanks!

So we can't edit older profiles, can't restore them after deleting, and the update is essentially forcing us to delete everything and rebuild it without any backups?

Great update...thanks!

That's why we put it out in an email, and on Facebook a week before. "Please take the time to write down any important information about your rifle or ammo profiles"

Help please. I deleted my earlier version of AB mobile for iOS and installed the newest release. Everything appears to work as expected, however, the output table in trajectory view does not populate correctly. The table headings do not align with the various output columns and the range column does not populate at all.

Has anyone else come across this?

Are you on an iPad?

Thanks for the reply, Doc. I'm using an iPad air, with the most recent iOS software update.

I should note that the prior version of AB mobile displayed data correctly in table view.

Last edited:
That's why we put it out in an email, and on Facebook a week before. "Please take the time to write down any important information about your rifle or ammo profiles"

You're still forcing a lot of work on people that didn't need to happen. Backing up and importing them into the updated app would make more sense than starting from scratch on 4-5 rifles with multiple loads each.

Announcing it doesn't make it less irritating.

Did I miss where you warned us that another update would wipe out older profiles completely? Whether we were done building new ones or writing down information from the old ones...or not?!

SMH. You guys are ON it lately.

Did I miss where you warned us that another update would wipe out older profiles completely? Whether we were done building new ones or writing down information from the old ones...or not?!

SMH. You guys are ON it lately.

We put out a warning in 3 places:

1) Oct 12th via email - https://us8.campaign-archive.com/?u=85a26d49eeed45e81159c419f&id=c7d50db896

A) Indicates WebSync is Disabled.

B) "Please take the time to write down any important information about your rifle or ammo profiles so you can re-create them when you re-install the app".

2) Oct 14th Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/AppliedBallisticsLLC/posts/1569902613071616

3) Oct 10th Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/AppliedBallisticsLLC/posts/1566227073439170

4) Oct 13th This thread.

That is 4 warnings in 4 days of what was coming.

I see "recommended you do a clean install"...and recommend you write stuff down. You updated the app and nobody can edit old profiles anymore, but can be used for reference or for writing down. Got it... it's going to force the rebuilding of profiles with the new library you're so proud of.

Then you updated it again, now not only can you not edit the profiles... I know..."recommended" we rebuild them from scratch, but now they're deleted entirely. Where did you say anything about erasing profiles?

Jesus you're full of yourself sometimes. If you plan to FORCE, not recommend...FORCE rebuilding of profiles by DELETING them, then say that. Don't use words like recommend and don't omit what you're actually going to do. Then don't deny it by pointing to some soft language bullshit email that doesn't say anything about deleting data.

I never uninstalled the app. It auto updated, and deleted the profiles, that's not a clean install or anything in the realm of a recommendation or suggestion. That's my way or the highway and your attitude sucks, as usual.

It’s really not a big deal . I have all my rifle data recorded in a dope book .
I use AB for 5 different rifles , took me less than 10 minutes to rebuild
all rifle profiles , including up to 7 bullets for each rifle . This includes
downloading CDM’s for a few bullets I didn’t have .

Too many people expect everything to be automatic these days ....
Put a little effort in , get great results ....

I lost half or more of my 12 rifles. The builds are there but if you click on them it takes you back to the apple home screen. Gonna try to rebuild them.....AGAIN!

Ok, so currently upgraded to AB Mobile 2.02, IOS 11.2 Kept all my profiles (which can be edited) and now, DA which has not worked for 6 months is fixed. Go figure?

Ok, so currently upgraded to AB Mobile 2.02, IOS 11.2 Kept all my profiles (which can be edited) and now, DA which has not worked for 6 months is fixed. Go figure?

For the majority of users the update went flawless. Some users were better suited with clean installs. The only time the profiles were erased is if you uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The app update itself doesn't erase anything.

For the majority of users the update went flawless. Some users were better suited with clean installs. The only time the profiles were erased is if you uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The app update itself doesn't erase anything.

WRONG. I never uninstalled the AB app. Frankly I've been busy and haven't even started rebuilding profiles since this whole thing started. I opened the app the other day after one of the updates, my phone is set to auto update over WiFi, and ALL profiles were gone.

The old ones were previously not able to be edited, to help incentivize the "recommended" rebuilding of the profiles I assume. Now, they're gone, erased, deleted, pick your word. Never uninstalled the app but they're all gone anyway.

I just loaded the Android v2.1.0 on a Galaxy Tab A. Is there a way to 'Acquire Atmosphere' through its internet connection? The only option I see in the drop down menu is for a WeatherFlow WeatherMeter. Thanx. SO much to learn.

The majority of my friends updates did not go well. The rifle shows up in the data but when you click on it the AB app closes and it goes back to the home screen. I just updated to a new I-Phone 10 yesterday and was told that none of the data would transfer. The AB app reloaded but no data can be transferred from one phone to the other. That kind of sucks to rebuild all that data.

WRONG. I never uninstalled the AB app. Frankly I've been busy and haven't even started rebuilding profiles since this whole thing started. I opened the app the other day after one of the updates, my phone is set to auto update over WiFi, and ALL profiles were gone.

The old ones were previously not able to be edited, to help incentivize the "recommended" rebuilding of the profiles I assume. Now, they're gone, erased, deleted, pick your word. Never uninstalled the app but they're all gone anyway.

The update does not delete profiles. This is how false information gets spread.

Yes, from the Environment Screen you should have "Acquire Atmosphere" as an option.

I'm on the Environment Screen...
I click on the 3 little dots for the drop down menu at the top right...
I click on 'Acquire Atmosphere'...
I only see "Acquire Atmosphere From...WeatherFlow WeatherMeter Cancel/OK."

There are no other options to acquire from the internet. My hopes are to get a Kestrel 5700 in the future and acquire with that. When I do so, will that option be added to this menu? Or is it not supported on this tablet?

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Hey, Doc. Is there any fix available, or in the works, for the issue with us iPad Air users not having the table view available?

What the heck is going on with AB??/ I switched to an I-Phone 10 and of course lost all my data because it will not transfer. I re-entered all the data and the program is way off on elevation and windage. I have checked everything 5 times and it is way off....not just a little. It's showing 8.5MOA at 430 yards for my 6.5 creedmore with a 140 ELD-M as an example. I don't what is going on but I am about over this. My bullet Flight program is spot on and transfered data. Yes....I am pissed.

What the heck is going on with AB??/ I switched to an I-Phone 10 and of course lost all my data because it will not transfer. I re-entered all the data and the program is way off on elevation and windage. I have checked everything 5 times and it is way off....not just a little. It's showing 8.5MOA at 430 yards for my 6.5 creedmore with a 140 ELD-M as an example. I don't what is going on but I am about over this. My bullet Flight program is spot on and transfered data. Yes....I am pissed.

Usually when someone has this problem they messed up the barrel twist input.

Nope...same barrel twist as before. There is a major issue with AB and I even reloaded the App to make sure there was nothing skewed. All 11 rifles are way off in the trajectory as compared to other Apps. I will send them my dam phone if they don't believe it's an issue.

3169B3DD-B9B6-4311-83E8-35B4E350D1B9.png
Nope...same barrel twist as before. There is a major issue with AB and I even reloaded the App to make sure there was nothing skewed. All 11 rifles are way off in the trajectory as compared to other Apps. I will send them my dam phone if they don't believe it's an issue.

Your twist input looks like this right? I have no skin in the game, my AB is working fine but there was another guy with a similar issue and he had the twist entered as 1:1.8 instead of how I have it here. He fixed it and it worked after that. Just throwing up suggestions.

I'm on the Environment Screen...
I click on the 3 little dots for the drop down menu at the top right...
I click on 'Acquire Atmosphere'...
I only see "Acquire Atmosphere From...WeatherFlow WeatherMeter Cancel/OK."

There are no other options to acquire from the internet. My hopes are to get a Kestrel 5700 in the future and acquire with that. When I do so, will that option be added to this menu? Or is it not supported on this tablet?

Am I looking in the wrong place?

I'm still trying to figure this out! Inside the drop down menu, I only see options for Calculate Distance, Get Look Angle and Acquire Atmosphere. I've been looking around and found some videos that show other options in this drop down...Get Target Azimuth, Station Atmosphere, and Atmosphere from Device. I see none of those. My menu does not scroll to see these other options. I cannot figure out how to load the atmosphere. In the Preferences panel, I do have 'Automatic Atmosphere' checked.

I'm using a Galaxy Tab A, not a phone. But it is connected to the internet. Will the program not run happy on this tablet?

Any idea?

I'm still trying to figure this out! Inside the drop down menu, I only see options for Calculate Distance, Get Look Angle and Acquire Atmosphere. I've been looking around and found some videos that show other options in this drop down...Get Target Azimuth, Station Atmosphere, and Atmosphere from Device. I see none of those. My menu does not scroll to see these other options. I cannot figure out how to load the atmosphere. In the Preferences panel, I do have 'Automatic Atmosphere' checked.

I'm using a Galaxy Tab A, not a phone. But it is connected to the internet. Will the program not run happy on this tablet?

Any idea?

Deselect auto atmosphere. I’m not sure if the UI is different on android and since I use iOS I have no clue what to tell you honestly.

Deselect auto atmosphere. I’m not sure if the UI is different on android and since I use iOS I have no clue what to tell you honestly.

Thanx for the suggestion. I did try deselecting auto atmosphere...no change to my drop down menu. No way to update the data. No joy. :(

Yes, I do have the iOS version running on my iPhone. No problems there. But I want to, eventually, get a Kestrel. And, I think, they will only talk to the Android version at this time. I'm wondering if the program just doesn't like the Galaxy Tab A tablet.