• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AB Mobile Important Update (Release Version 2.0+)

So there is no way to get all of my rifle/ammo profiles back even tho you made a web sync sign in function to save that stuff?

This is getting very irritating.

So there is no way to get all of my rifle/ammo profiles back even tho you made a web sync sign in function to save that stuff?

This is getting very irritating.

I was told they are working on it

Yep I had seen your thread and followed your steps to get yours to work but mine still wont. Only thing I can come up with is that it is because my Kestrel is a 5500AG and not a ballistics version.

Funny thing is, I just got the Hornady 4dof app to see if it would connect and my Kestrel works fine with it. Don't have to have kestrel link app or kestrel link ballistics app open to make it work. Just opened 4d0f to general and pair meter, finds it, select it and it starts updating.....

Make sure that you are not running the AB App, KLB, and KL app at the same time. So that all the apps are not fighting for the connection.

Is there any chance you're testing the Hornady 180 ELDm?

I'm looking forward to the cdm for it.

This sounds like a dumb question but, is anyone else having issues sending the Trajectory Tables via email? When I try to send the file, it puts the file name in the "TO:" row of who I want to send it to, rather than adding the file as an attachment. I am using an Android based phone, and prior to the update I did not have this issue.

Last edited:
This sounds like a dumb question but, is anyone else having issues sending the Trajectory Tables via email? When I try to send the file, it puts the file name in the "TO:" row of who I want to send it to, rather than adding the file as an attachment. I am using an Android based phone, and prior to the update I did not have this issue.

Just tested on my Pixel and it's doing the same thing with Gmail app. Outlook app doesn't add the attachment so function appears to be broke.

Tagging @DocUSMCRetired.

You can get a good tablet that is here in the real world where Windows actually works and only crashes for Apple users until they get used to being able to open more windows and access more "apps" at once than they ever new existed and stop opening new windows so fast it doesn't even really matter if Windows "crashes" or not because obviously their own "CPU" is going to melt down if a "crash" doesn't save them and it'll probably cost you all of $50. And yes, you can still keep in contact with the Mother Ship so you wan't miss being notified when "Judgement Day" and the 2nd Coming of Steve Jobs happens.

Can't upload my profiles on my Samsung s 9. There's not even a place for me to enter my sign onto for a web sync.

We would like to thank everyone for their patience while waiting for the latest update to the AB Mobile App on iOS & Android. These updates are now out for public release. They are currently rolling out region to region. Here are noteworthy updates to the apps:

1) Custom Drag Model (CDM) purchases no longer require users to scroll through a massive list, purchase, then select the CDM they wish to use. The CDMs are now tied to the bullet in the library selection, which makes CDM purchase much easier, and even shows which bullets you have a CDM for at a quick glance.

2) Custom Drag Models will now be available on iOS.

3) WebSync has been temporarily disabled to make this transition to the new system easier (more on this coming soon). Both iOS and Android feature this new CDM Purchase System along with AB Connect™ (see below).

4) AB Connect™ has now been implemented in to both the Android and iOS version of these apps. Anytime you have an internet connection, the app will check with the server to make sure you have the latest library. There will no longer be a need to update the app to ensure you have the latest information. It will be done automatically, providing the user with a prompt when new library information is available.

5) New User Guide. We now have an updated user guide (Link Here) which shows you how the new CDM system functions. It is the same on both Android and iOS for making purchases and using CDMs. This user guide will go live on the website, when the new app launches.

6) Updated and optimized for iOS 11 & iPhone X.

We appreciate your patience as these apps roll out to each region.

Important Note: With all these new systems in place it is HIGHLY recommended that you do a clean install of the apps on both Android and iOS. This will ensure that your bullet library, and profiles contain the most up to date information from our laboratory. It will also ensure that these new systems function to the best. You do not have to worry about needing to purchase the app again. As long as you are on the same Google Play or iTunes account that the app was purchased under, it will allow you to download it again for free. Please take the time to write down any important information about your rifle or ammo profiles so you can re-create them when you re-install the app.

AB Mobile Version 2.0 (All Platforms) Change Log:

1) AB Connect™ Integrated.

2) New Custom Drag Model Library System.

A) Easier to use interface.
B) Bullets in which the user has purchased a CDM now indicated in the Bullet Library Main Display.
C) CDMs now on iOS.

3) WebSync temporarily disabled (to be replaced with a better system).

4) Added App Version and Bullet Library Version to Preferences Display

5) Customizable Powder Temp (Android). User ability to input a custom powder temperature separate from air temp.

6) iOS 11 & iPhone X Ready.

7) Added Aerodynamic Jump (Android)

AB Mobile Version 2.1 Change Log:

1) Added Kestrel 5000, Drop 3, & WeatherFlow Meter compatibility.

There is an updated user manual here: http://appliedballisticsllc.com/sup...s/applied-ballistics-mobile-app-online-guide/

A PDF Version you can download here: http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/User Guides/ABMobileUserGuide.pdf

We have also introduced a firing solution checklist here: http://appliedballisticsllc.com/Articles/Firing Solution Check List.pdf which will be able to help you diagnose firing solution issues.

When do you expect the new version to be available in all regions? To date I have 2.0.3 and wonder when 2.1 will be available up north in Canada. I just want to get my weatherflow meter to work with my iOS version. Thanks

I went through the process of uninstalling the app this morning and re-entering the data. The problem now is that all of my purchased Custom Drag Models did not transfer and the app wants me to purchase the CDM's again. I verified on my Google account that I did purchase 9 CDM's. Any suggestions to get my purchases back into the app? Thank you

so I have purchased AB and the 6.5 bullet model for the 140 Hornady ELD-M. I believe I did a good job of getting a good average muzzle velocity as an input. I have checked the density altitude, temp etc atmosphere inputs from my Kestrel and local wx stations as a check.
After all this input I find that the AB calculator overestimates the elevation by about 1.0 MOA, especially from 400-500 yards on out.
I am wondering what I am doing wrong here. The Shooter app seems to provide closer estimates of bullet drop, with a basic G7 drag model.

The only thing I could be thinking is that my warm barrel caused my muzzle velocity to jump as the round sat in the chamber for 30 seconds while I lined up the longer distance shots. And maybe the round was coming out significantly faster?

Or if not, what could be the source of error here?

EDIT: ummm... well, found the source of error. Turns out I was loading the 120 AMAX, not the 140ELD-M. Sorry. User Error, as usual.

Last edited:
I went through the process of uninstalling the app this morning and re-entering the data. The problem now is that all of my purchased Custom Drag Models did not transfer and the app wants me to purchase the CDM's again. I verified on my Google account that I did purchase 9 CDM's. Any suggestions to get my purchases back into the app? Thank you

On the main screen in upper right corner there’s an arrow like button. Select it and you should see “Preferences” and “Restore purchases”

so I have purchased AB and the 6.5 bullet model for the 140 Hornady ELD-M. I believe I did a good job of getting a good average muzzle velocity as an input. I have checked the density altitude, temp etc atmosphere inputs from my Kestrel and local wx stations as a check.
After all this input I find that the AB calculator overestimates the elevation by about 1.0 MOA, especially from 400-500 yards on out.
I am wondering what I am doing wrong here. The Shooter app seems to provide closer estimates of bullet drop, with a basic G7 drag model.

The only thing I could be thinking is that my warm barrel caused my muzzle velocity to jump as the round sat in the chamber for 30 seconds while I lined up the longer distance shots. And maybe the round was coming out significantly faster?

EDIT: ummm... well, found the source of error. Turns out I was loading the 120 AMAX, not the 140ELD-M. Sorry. User Error, as usual.

I am having this issue but I have the right profile in. From 4-500 on out it is wanting 1.5 MOA more than needed.

I am having this issue but I have the right profile in. From 4-500 on out it is wanting 1.5 MOA more than needed.
reviewing my data, on my 6.5 Prime Ammo, for which there is no alternative mistake, unfortunately, again, there is an overestimation of elevation needed to hit the target. The only thing I can think of is the projectile is leaving the barrel much faster, in the hot weather, compared to the zero and muzzle velocity for the bullet profile, which was set in colder weather.

Is it possible that the MV changes significantly, let's say from a cold barrel to a hot barrel ?

reviewing my data, on my 6.5 Prime Ammo, for which there is no alternative mistake, unfortunately, again, there is an overestimation of elevation needed to hit the target. The only thing I can think of is the projectile is leaving the barrel much faster, in the hot weather, compared to the zero and muzzle velocity for the bullet profile, which was set in colder weather.

Is it possible that the MV changes significantly, let's say from a cold barrel to a hot barrel ?

My experience with Prime Ammo is precisely that. I made the mistake of letting my 6.5 Creedmoor ammo that was loaded in a magazine sit in the direct sunlight for almost 15 minutes on an 86 deg. day. Totally my fault as I got sidetracked setting up a chrono and unpacked gear. My first round fired passed the chrono at 2957 fps per my expected velocity of 2918.

As noted, my fault - lesson learned.

I think we got this fixed.

No problem lol.

What is the calibrated click value for your scope? Is it ffp or sfp?

Yes. All rifle powders experience this. Some are just more stable than others. Also you can cook rounds in the chamber.

We do not have a version 2.1 for iOS yet. I do not have a time frame.
Ok , I guess more specifically when and/ or how can I get my weatherflow meter to link to my AB app on my iPhone? Or is it possible I may have misunderstood the original post as I thought the latest update allowed for that function

I cannot find the calibrated click value in my existing profiles. It is not always exactly 1.5 off it varies.

FFP

Does the AB app for IOS allow DA and temperature to be entered? I am using a Kestrel Drop which gives me DA and temperature and humidity, it does not output pressure.

Also would the AB app give the same firing solution using DA and temperature versus entering pressure, Humidity, and temperature?

Web sync is still not working, even tried the uninstalled and reinstall.

When do you expect the new version to be available in all regions? To date I have 2.0.3 and wonder when 2.1 will be available up north in Canada. I just want to get my weatherflow meter to work with my iOS version. Thanks

This is dependent on your operating system. 2.0.3 is the newest for iOS, 2.1 is on Android. I do not have a date for our next update.

I'm using the hornady eld match 308 178gr, I tried to use g7 and custom curves, at 1000 meters there is 0.4 mils of error, but with trasol and coldbore I have the correct prediction. Are any of you having the same problem?

I’m about .2-.3 off with the Hornady 180 ELDm and the custom curve. My splashes are consistently high so AB might be a bit conservative with that bullet.

Reactions: triatleta
I’m about .2-.3 off with the Hornady 180 ELDm and the custom curve. My splashes are consistently high so AB might be a bit conservative with that bullet.

Have you checked your scope? Where are you getting your weather from? How are you measuring your MV? Are you shooting from the same position and foundation (bench or ground texture) as you zeroed? Have you accounted for the change in temp and muzzle velocity?

I put the same data in AB an coldbore/trasol, but with AB have .4 mil of error, my scope have the correct zero, I measure the speed with magnetospeed v3 and connect AB with kestrel 5500 link....with .375chey tac at 2000meter and cuttinedge mtah (g7) i have the correct result, the problem was only with eld match 178gr.

Have you checked your scope? Where are you getting your weather from? How are you measuring your MV? Are you shooting from the same position and foundation (bench or ground texture) as you zeroed? Have you accounted for the change in temp and muzzle velocity?

Scope tracking is spot on to 10 mils. I did just swap scopes and haven't done a box test or any distance besides sighting in at 100 with the new one.

MV is from a magnetospeed and all weather conditions with kestrel. I do not have the 5700 AB, just manually inputting kestrel readings into AB.

I have not accounted for temp change on muzzle velocity, but I developed the load in summer and the last time I shot it was 16 degrees out and still impacting high. I would think the colder weather would have decreased velocity and I'd have been missing low.

I think the weak link is the kestrel. My DA doesn't always match others but is usually within 300 ft. I have not used any other ballistic software, but inputting .374 G7 into AB gets me closer than the custom curve for the distances I've been shooting. I've only had mine out to 1100 yards. 180 ELDm @3035fps. Hornady lists a G7 of .394 for my twist rate, but I have not found that to be accurate.

Scope tracking is spot on to 10 mils. I did just swap scopes and haven't done a box test or any distance besides sighting in at 100 with the new one.

MV is from a magnetospeed and all weather conditions with kestrel. I do not have the 5700 AB, just manually inputting kestrel readings into AB.

I have not accounted for temp change on muzzle velocity, but I developed the load in summer and the last time I shot it was 16 degrees out and still impacting high. I would think the colder weather would have decreased velocity and I'd have been missing low.

I think the weak link is the kestrel. My DA doesn't always match others but is usually within 300 ft. I have not used any other ballistic software, but inputting .374 G7 into AB gets me closer than the custom curve for the distances I've been shooting. I've only had mine out to 1100 yards. 180 ELDm @3035fps. Hornady lists a G7 of .394 for my twist rate, but I have not found that to be accurate.

I can see if we can re-evaluate them to determine if they have had any changes in performance. If I remember correctly they float about +/- 5%.