• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors ? about certified copy of form 4

corey4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2012
pittsburgh pa
so my tbac was approved on 4-9-14.

to make a long story short, i received my certified copy of the form 4 in the mail today. i tried calling the NFA a few times today, but the line is busy, so i figured i'd ask here.

i don't have a stamp on the form. do they only issue one stamp on one of the 2 original forms, the stamped one going to me? i thought i would have had stamp on the xeroxed copy. i do have a raised seal with a set of initials and date. this dealer has been a pain in the ass since day one. i don't want to make the 6 hour one way drive for her to say, "i'm sorry sir, but......".

thanks.

Was this done on an Electronic Form 4? I understand the electronic versions do not get a stamp.

First off FORM 4's DO NOT COME TO THE BUYER FROM THE ATF??
Did your dealer send it to you with your can??
Did you do it on a trust?
Was there an error letter with the form 4?
Was the form checked approved with a stamp of an ATF official's name at the bottom?

Need more info to help you.
PM Me with your contact info and I will call you tomorrow..

If you go to this site you can print out your trust in as little as ten minutes..

NFA Gun Trust Kit: Get your NFA Gun trust in as little as ten minutes.

ONLY $239
No Law Enforcement Signature needed
No Finger Print Cards
No Citizenship Form
No Passport Photo's
Can be used for form 1 and form 4 filings
Multi-users
Don't leave your loved ones wondering what to do with your NFA items.
HAS BEEN AND CONTINUES TO BE APPROVED BY THE ATF/NFA BRANCH..

I was under the impression the dealer had to contact the ATF for a certified copy and then the copy went to the dealer just like the regular stamp should have.

not sure what a 'certified copy' means...you should have received an original f4 with the tax stamp attached when you picked up the can... the serial number of the can and approval date is written on the stamp...

I was under the impression the dealer had to contact the ATF for a certified copy and then the copy went to the dealer just like the regular stamp should have.

I had one stamp that never showed up at the dealer, the ATF sent the certified copy directly to me if I remember correctly. I don't have an actual stamp for that one, just the certified copy.

according to the NFA, once that approved form 4 is mailed out, the item is considered yours. when i called the NFA to inquire about a certified copy, she told me it would be sent directly to me.

not sure what a 'certified copy' means...you should have received an original f4 with the tax stamp attached when you picked up the can... the serial number of the can and approval date is written on the stamp...

the certified copy has a raised seal, kinda like when you have something notarized. this takes place of the form 4 that never showed up.

update:

made the 5 hour one way drive to claim my prize today. sure as shit, the dealer had my original form 4 when i got there. they never called to tell me it was in, even though they claimed they did.

whatever...

at least i have my TBAC and original form 4 with a stamp, not a stupid "certified copy".

update:

made the 5 hour one way drive to claim my prize today. sure as shit, the dealer had my original form 4 when i got there. they never called to tell me it was in, even though they claimed they did.

whatever...

at least i have my TBAC and original form 4 with a stamp, not a stupid "certified copy".

Wow....

I'm glad it worked out for you. Hopefully you can use another dealer in the future.

Wow....

I'm glad it worked out for you. Hopefully you can use another dealer in the future.

thanks man, and i absolutely will. now that i have good cans for everything, i'm sticking with my local guy whether he has it in stock or not. i was forced to go this route because of the run on class 3 last year. they were the only dealer that had one in stock, and i wasn't willing to wait an extra 4-6 months for form 3s to go thru from ordering a serial number-manufacturer to dealer-then my form 4.

the run around i got from the dealer was just bullshit.

like i said in my OP, long story.

No sir, you can make a request in writing for a certified copy. I have one for a F4 that had water damage to make sure I'd never get screwed over. It was a piece of cake. I just sent a letter with all of the information on the F4 and requested a certified copy. At the time, it showed up a few weeks later. No big deal. I'm sure it would take a while now tho...

No sir, you can make a request in writing for a certified copy. I have one for a F4 that had water damage to make sure I'd never get screwed over. It was a piece of cake. I just sent a letter with all of the information on the F4 and requested a certified copy. At the time, it showed up a few weeks later. No big deal. I'm sure it would take a while now tho...

it only took mine about 2 weeks.

Sweet! The real question here is how much do you love your new TBAC ? :)

the TBAC is awesome. my YHM pings my ears, to the point i have to put ear pro on after 3 rounds. the TBAC, i shoot 10 without ear pro, and no ping. i never made it a habit of shooting without ear pro though. i was just curious.

accuracy wise, i only fired 20 rounds. there were too many bees (carpenter bees and yellow jackets) buzzing around and dive bombing my head and pissing me off, plus i am allergic, so i gave up.

the next cool day we have (ie: no bees) i am going to do a heads up test with the TBAC and YHM.