• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes About to pull the trigger on a NF 2.5-10x32...

wslowik

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Looking at the .1 mil zerostop model with mildot. It'll be going on a 20" bbled "light tactical"/hunting rifle. Anything else I should be looking at or waiting for? Is NF planning any upgrades to these compact models in the near future?

Re: About to pull the trigger on a NF 2.5-10x32...

I found the 2.5-10 NF to be a handicap hunting. Might be because I am use to bigger objective hunting scopes. The same way a shooter use to high magnification not feeling comfortable at 'half power'.

Seems my field of view vs a loopy 14X is restrictive and low light use at 10X does appear gloomier even though it is brighter than the Loopy in daylight.

Everyone is different but my preference is for at least 40mm ocular for hunting. I really like my 50mm len scope. To my mind it offers superior field of view and low light vision.

But then again I hit my head alot in my mis-spent youth, take it with a grain of salt.

Just want the rifle done for next season. Still waiting on a mcmillan stock so I won't be able to shoot it now anyway.

Just mounted mine for the first time the other day. It's a x32 so obviously the FOV is narrower. I don't have a problem with that, I really like appreciate the weight and size savings, I think it's great for ARs and the quality of glass is pretty impressive.

mil/mil/red illum on my LMT MWS
163600_10150384529815510_536000509_17094758_174076_n.jpg

I really like mine, it's a sweet little scope. My only gripe is that it just seems expensive. I have had my eye on the new vortex viper pst 2.5-10. Seems very similar for less than half the price.

Got a chance to look through this scope today, I really liked it. The shop also had a 5.5-22 which I checked out. Not sure why, but to my eye the 2.5-10 seemed "crisper." Any reason why that would be? I think I'm going to go with it, should be perfect my 20" build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wslowik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got a chance to look through this scope today, I really liked it. The shop also had a 5.5-22 which I checked out. Not sure why, but to my eye the 2.5-10 seemed "crisper." Any reason why that would be? I think I'm going to go with it, should be perfect my 20" build. </div></div>

I agree with your findings, I got a 2.5-10x32 for my HKSL8 and I am impressed,
however looking through the higher magnification models, the image is murky. Leupolds
do this too from what I recall. Only the Schmidts and Hensoldts / Zeiss keep a clear image past 10X for my eyes. It has to be in the coatings, imho and quality of the glass?

I had a 2.5-10 x 24 with Mildot/Mrad in a Larue SPR mount on an 18" SPR. Was an awesome scope, I sold the rig though. Not sure why.....

Lots of higher power variables will be "more clear" at a slightly lower power than max.

I like the IOR 2.5-10 FFP but the Nightforce offers a lot more options and has a bullet proof reputation.