• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

According to Professor ‘How We Eat Our Chicken’ is a Racial Issue

Now do Florida.
Being the oldest colony in Americas, the settling of Florida is exceptional to put it mildly. Originally settled by Catholic Spanish explorers in the mid 16th c, nearly a half century before Jamestown, it remained Spanish for over two centuries. Beginning in the 18th c the original "underground railroad" headed from the Carolinas and Georgia towards the South into Florida before railroads were even invented. The Spanish recognized levels of citizenship to all races providing that they were Catholic and men's militia service.

During brief period of a couple decades during the third quarter of eighteenth century, the two colonies of East and West Florida were ceded over to British control who created and maintained an almost complete dominance on the trade with southeastern tribes. After the close of the American Revolution, it was ceded back to Spain at which point many Spanish Catholics returned until both colonies were finally ceded to the US in 1821 as a result of the Adams-Onis treaty.

By the time Florida becomes an US territory, it's partially populated by a few diamond handed Spanish planters, largely by Natives and maroons, or free blacks incorporated into indigenous lifeways. Seeing both of those peoples as PNG, we fought three major wars to re-enslave or remove these populations. The second Seminole war was our longest and costliest war until GWOT. The first major wave of Americans into Florida probably came towards the end of the Seminole wars in the mid century. They were mostly Georgians, but from other southern States as well; the original crackers set the tone. All you need to know about crackers is in Milfort's Memoirs, chapter 35.
https://homepages.rootsweb.com/~cmamcrk4/mlfrt5.html#anchor78693

The next push wouldn't start until the Edwardian period where Florida was pushed as a visitors paradise and Flagler's railroad moves in bringing more commerce in the form of agrarian pursuits, a well as industry in the form of engineering throughout the 20th c. Tourism and engineering is still the dominate reason for people choosing relocation there. It's always been very diverse ethnically, very liberal compared to most former Anglo colonies, and indeed still extremely Spanish.

Joke time:

During an arson spree in the South some years ago, a news crew was interviewing random people when they stopped a black man, "Sir, do you have any thoughts on churches in the area being burned down? He replied indignantly, "I don't give a fuck, I only eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken" :)
Church's is horrible. I agree with him.
Bojangles is top, better best.
KFC
Popeye's
Almost anything else

Then Church's

Chikfila isn't a true chicken joint, but they have a great sammich, so does KFC

KFC
Popeye's
Almost anything else

Then Church's

Church's is named that because it'll take you straight to heaven. How dare you blaspheme the best chicken on terra firma, you dirty yankee pinko!

KFC, seems, to, be, having, some, difficulty, figuring, out, what, a, sandwich, is.

iu

Using up all the commas I forgot to use today. i always get home with pocket full of them.

• Haha
Reactions: lash
KFC
Popeye's
Almost anything else

Then Church's

I've only been to Chikfila twice. The first time, my Shicken sammy tasted like cardboard. I waited a year or two and tried it a second time. Same thing. I see all the cars lined up for both the parking lot and the drive through and I just don't get it. I suppose it's possible I got two bummers in a row, but I don't know. I do like their politics, so I wish them the best. :)

We do like kenfucky tried chicken though.......;)

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
KFC, seems, to, be, having, some, difficulty, figuring, out, what, a, sandwich, is.

iu

Using up all the commas I forgot to use today. i always get home with pocket full of them.
Absolutely not, that looks amazeballs

Reactions: lariat and ewoaf
Being the oldest colony in Americas, the settling of Florida is exceptional to put it mildly. Originally settled by Catholic Spanish explorers in the mid 16th c, nearly a half century before Jamestown, it remained Spanish for over two centuries. Beginning in the 18th c the original "underground railroad" headed from the Carolinas and Georgia towards the South into Florida before railroads were even invented. The Spanish recognized levels of citizenship to all races providing that they were Catholic and men's militia service.

During brief period of a couple decades during the third quarter of eighteenth century, the two colonies of East and West Florida were ceded over to British control who created and maintained an almost complete dominance on the trade with southeastern tribes. After the close of the American Revolution, it was ceded back to Spain at which point many Spanish Catholics returned until both colonies were finally ceded to the US in 1821 as a result of the Adams-Onis treaty.

By the time Florida becomes an US territory, it's partially populated by a few diamond handed Spanish planters, largely by Natives and maroons, or free blacks incorporated into indigenous lifeways. Seeing both of those peoples as PNG, we fought three major wars to re-enslave or remove these populations. The second Seminole war was our longest and costliest war until GWOT. The first major wave of Americans into Florida probably came towards the end of the Seminole wars in the mid century. They were mostly Georgians, but from other southern States as well; the original crackers set the tone. All you need to know about crackers is in Milfort's Memoirs, chapter 35.

The next push wouldn't start until the Edwardian period where Florida was pushed as a visitors paradise and Flagler's railroad moves in bringing more commerce in the form of agrarian pursuits, a well as industry in the form of engineering throughout the 20th c. Tourism and engineering is still the dominate reason for people choosing relocation there. It's always been very diverse ethnically, very liberal compared to most former Anglo colonies, and indeed still extremely Spanish.
I don’t see a mention of meth anywhere in this tripe. Fake news

Whole Lee Shit. Shatner must get home with a pocket full of commas too. The really are just like us.
I read that in William Shatners voice.
But Shatner figured out a faster way to use his left over commas.

You forgot the most important thing in the history of Florida.

Florida sucked until A/C was invented

iu

I had to try that and did. It was good, but way too much meat for a sandwich. I couldn’t move afterwards.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
I had to try that and did. It was good, but way too much meat for a sandwich. I couldn’t move afterwards.
I got one back in the day when they had them. I took it home, got some bread and made a two sandwiches out of the stack of chicken patties they gave me. .

I got one back in the day when they had them. I took it home, got some bread and made a two sandwiches out of the stack of chicken patties they gave me. .
Now that just makes sense. Are you sure that you’re in the right thread?

KFC
Popeye's
Almost anything else

Then Church's

You forgot to rank the "truckstop caviar" =
Chester's chicken .

You do know Col. Sanders is a straight up murderer right? Back in the day, his cross town gas and chicken rival was vandalizing his signs and adverts so the Chicken King got a 12ga and went to work. He filled that asshole with lead and we now enjoy his pressure cooked chicken all over the world.

One man with a gun can make a difference..........................................................

Saw that in The Foods that Built America

Reactions: lonegunman762x51

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar

Reactions: ewoaf and lash
What, no love for McNuggets?

Because parts is parts!

Meh... hell. I'm Wendy's kind of people.

Sirhr

Piggy wiggly had mega bags of McRejects a while back. 10 bucks for....100? More, I ain't good with maffs, I just pull them out of the bag till its empty. Just had some 30 minutes ago.
We love McNuggets. Its literally the only thing at McDonald's that is palatable.

Yeah, I've not eaten it, but that ain't a chicken joint.
If we are going with gas stations, Dodge's on Eglin Pkwy in Fort Walton is pretty good.
Lol… Dodges. I’d hit Popeyes or Buffaloes Reef.

The Purple Dwarf in Pensacola… That shits fire.

Plus if you go over by the baseball fields next to the police station on Hollywood, buy water melons from those cats outa their truck, they get em outta Alabama, bus driver used to get them best damn watermelon ever had in my life

Piggy wiggly had mega bags of McRejects a while back. 10 bucks for....100? More, I ain't good with maffs, I just pull them out of the bag till its empty. Just had some 30 minutes ago.
We love McNuggets. Its literally the only thing at McDonald's that is palatable.
You like nuggets but don't like church's? W inT actual F?

• Haha
Yeah, I've not eaten it, but that ain't a chicken joint.
If we are going with gas stations, Dodge's on Eglin Pkwy in Fort Walton is pretty good.
Chester Fried Chicken!!!!!

For Gas Stations in towns too small for a Family Dollar!

I LOVED Chester Fried Chicken as a kid. There is still a place near here!

Sirhr

Whole Lee Shit. Shatner must get home with a pocket full of commas too. The really are just like us.

But Shatner figured out a faster way to use his left over commas.
You saved up your commas....I like that. I dont usually save up commas, though I'll toss a few apostrophes in the recycle bin from time to time.
What I'm really famous for, is unpacking my adjectives.

For gas station chicken, Royal Farms is pretty decent. Their "dark meat pulled chicken" sammiches are damn good.

I think one's heritage can certainly be tied to certain cousines. For me it was homemade pasta sauce from my great aunt (old school italian). Home made pasta and meatballs, wedding soup, gnocchi, garlic bread with rubbed clove.

If she would have stuck with that narrative instead of the whiteness thing she could have written something interesting exploring different cultural cousines, especially those who have immigrated (illegally and legally).

Reactions: ewoaf

iu

What are you some kind of health nut? This is a chicken sandwich to die for...
1678147408179.jpeg

Garlic Tuscan McNuggets
Follow me for more recipes

Plus if you go over by the baseball fields next to the police station on Hollywood, buy water melons from those cats outa their truck, they get em outta Alabama, bus driver used to get them best damn watermelon ever had in my life
🤣
You realize that he is from Alabama right? Just checking, because the humor involved….

I had to take you off restriction to see your post.

So I'd have a good chance of running into you.

Yeah. Ill stick with Dodges