• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

According to Professor ‘How We Eat Our Chicken’ is a Racial Issue

Right? Like those goddamned heathens just 100 miles west of here who call "Soda" that worthless un-evolved western word... "Pop."

You want the definition of slack-jawed cousin-porking hillbilly redneck frontier peckerwoods... it's those people who refer to "Soda" as "Pop."

Bastards.

Sirhr
Sodapop.

Heathen

• Haha
Reactions: lash
The whole absurdity of this woman's premise is a continuation of the woke, cancel culture and perpetually offended agenda. They do far more damage to their cause with these Babylon Bee worthy opinion pieces.

Chinese food
Tacos and burritos
Corned beef and Cabbage
Spaghetti
California roll sushi
Mongolian barbecue
Kielbasa

I have always called it soda. I don't know why it would be called anything else. I do consider myself a redneck but I do have standards.
Soda, pop, soft drink, or by brand name, coke, dr pepper, must be a regional thing. Growing up in ND, I never heard a general term called anything but pop till I was out of high school, this is no shit.
Nothing coming from my mouth sounds sophisticated, so I give a crap what I call it today, but i do keep Coke on hand.

Reactions: lash and Ronws
Soda, pop, soft drink, or by brand name, coke, dr pepper, must be a regional thing. Growing up in ND, I never heard a general term called anything but pop till I was out of high school, this is no shit.
Nothing coming from my mouth sounds sophisticated, so I give a crap what I call it today, but i do keep Coke on hand.
Must be a yankee thing. Then, again, I am in Texas. Anything north of the Red River is yankee. :ROFLMAO:

I was on a contract flight to...I forget where, sitting next to a countryboy from Bama. Stewardess asked if we wanted something to drink. He asked, "What kind of Cokes do you have?" She replied, "Classic Coke, Diest Coke,, etc, etc." He's like, "No Mt Dew or Sprite?" I said, "He means sodas in general." Girl looked at him like he was jacking off.

• Haha
Reactions: Milo 2.5 and lash
So, I’m going to be just a bit contrarian. Please indulge, or ignore.

Let’s take the example of Panda Express. They serve “Chinese food,” right? I mean, they have even taken the national symbol of China for their logo. But, can you find any of the dishes they serve in traditional Chinese cuisine? Would a Chinese national recognize any of it a Chinese? Is it cultural appropriation to wrap the restaurant chain in a thin vernier of Foreign-ness to sell food? And moreover, is it racist to sell food tailored to the white American palette under this guise of being exotic? Who are the racists? Are they the patrons that support the restaurant? Are they the restaurant operators serving what their customers want? Is it racist to tailor your menu to the taste of your perspective customer base based on their ethnicity? Is it just good business?

Is it racist for a white guy to open a “Jamaican restaurant” on Worcester Square in New Haven CT (home of Yale), and serve bland food?

So, I’m going to be just a bit contrarian. Please indulge, or ignore.

Let’s take the example of Panda Express. They serve “Chinese food,” right? I mean, they have even taken the national symbol of China for their logo. But, can you find any of the dishes they serve in traditional Chinese cuisine? Would a Chinese national recognize any of it a Chinese? Is it cultural appropriation to wrap the restaurant chain in a thin vernier of Foreign-ness to sell food? And moreover, is it racist to sell food tailored to the white American palette under this guise of being exotic? Who are the racists? Are they the patrons that support the restaurant? Are they the restaurant operators serving what their customers want? Is it racist to tailor your menu to the taste of your perspective customer base based on their ethnicity? Is it just good business?

Is it racist for a white guy to open a “Jamaican restaurant” on Worcester Square in New Haven CT (home of Yale), and serve bland food?
Cultural appropriation is a worthless made-up term to fan the flames of racism.

Using the best of every culture freely and to advance society is what got humans where they are. And I don't care how backwards some Bantu Tribesman with an ashtray for a lip might be... but if he grows a spice that makes my %$#ing Taco's taste better, damn right I am going to appropriate it.

Everybody appropriated fire from the damn Neandrathals... and noone seems to be offering them an apolgy.

Steal everything good. Put the kaibosh in everytihng bad. Take the best and make it better. All this whining over "Cultural appropriation" is just total leftist academic bullshit. Who appropriated their faggotry from the Greeks and think they are oh so special because they cried during Roots. Fuck them. It's all bullshit.

Sirhr

PS. There used to be a good Web Site created by some college sociologist who did surveys and phone calls and for their thesis, created a map of things like "Soda and Pop and Coke" as well as "Grinder, vs. sub, vs Hoagie vs. Dagwood." They are definite regional affectations and the whole study was pretty cool. IIRC, the Soda Vs. Pop line runs from about Syracuse due North/South... and everything west of the line is Pop. Everything East is Soda. Was fun being in college right on the line... because half my classmates were Pop types and the other half 'soda' types. Never could Come to an agreement. So we drank beer.

Reactions: timesublime
Cultural appropriation is a worthless made-up term to fan the flames of racism.

Using the best of every culture freely and to advance society is what got humans where they are. And I don't care how backwards some Bantu Tribesman with an ashtray for a lip might be... but if he grows a spice that makes my %$#ing Taco's taste better, damn right I am going to appropriate it.

Everybody appropriated fire from the damn Neandrathals... and noone seems to be offering them an apolgy.

Steal everything good. Put the kaibosh in everytihng bad. Take the best and make it better. All this whining over "Cultural appropriation" is just total leftist academic bullshit. Who appropriated their faggotry from the Greeks and think they are oh so special because they cried during Roots. Fuck them. It's all bullshit.

Sirhr

PS. There used to be a good Web Site created by some college sociologist who did surveys and phone calls and for their thesis, created a map of things like "Soda and Pop and Coke" as well as "Grinder, vs. sub, vs Hoagie vs. Dagwood." They are definite regional affectations and the whole study was pretty cool. IIRC, the Soda Vs. Pop line runs from about Syracuse due North/South... and everything west of the line is Pop. Everything East is Soda. Was fun being in college right on the line... because half my classmates were Pop types and the other half 'soda' types. Never could Come to an agreement. So we drank beer.
But we can agree that Panda Express is better marketing than “Bland meat covered in Diabetes Sauce,” right?

And, I’m going to counter that “taking inspiration from” (I’m being generous AF) the cuisine of other ethnicities and dumbing them down to the wonder-bread palate of the average white American is NOT taking the best and making it better. It’s the equivalent of only serving from the Kids’ menu…

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
But we can agree that Panda Express is better marketing than “Bland meat covered in Diabetes Sauce,” right?

And, I’m going to counter that “taking inspiration from” (I’m being generous AF) the cuisine of other ethnicities and dumbing them down to the wonder-bread palate of the average white American is NOT taking the best and making it better. It’s the equivalent of only serving from the Kids’ menu…
We are in total agreement!

Most Chinese food is not...

Sirhr