• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Ahhh that’s why I couldn’t find it. It’s under “scope rails” for anyone else looking. Thanks Jorge.

If you couldn't find what you were wanting on EO hit me up generalzip. I went to the mlok master race on a few guns.

Attachments

• 20220204_203151.jpg
    20220204_203151.jpg
    564.9 KB · Views: 60
Question for those who have this and a post 14 AX. What stock adjustability is missing on the at-x ? is there any lateral adjustability for the comb?

Question for those who have this and a post 14 AX. What stock adjustability is missing on the at-x ? is there any lateral adjustability for the comb?
You don’t miss any adjustability…. For gen1 and Gen2 ATx, you will have to use a Allen wrench to adjust comb height and LOP.

Reactions: olive drab
You don’t miss any adjustability…. For gen1 and Gen2 ATx, you will have to use a Allen wrench to adjust comb height and LOP.
You are correct Zane777.
In addition there is no visible difference between Gen 1 and 2. There are only minor changes which make assembly and disassembly of the chassis easier. These changes also transfer over to the Remington 700 AICS, we just released, as well as Tikka and Anschutz we will soon release.
The difference in Gen 3 is the single thumbscrews, for Cheek Piece and LOP, replacing the Allen screws. This change was a direct result of user feedback from early production testing.
Again the single thumbscrews will be on the AICS.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

You are correct Zane777.
In addition there is no visible difference between Gen 1 and 2. There are only minor changes which make assembly and disassembly of the chassis easier. These changes also transfer over to the Remington 700 AICS, we just released, as well as Tikka and Anschutz we will soon release.
The difference in Gen 3 is the single thumbscrews, for Cheek Piece and LOP, replacing the Allen screws. This change was a direct result of user feedback from early production testing.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International
Where are the atx aics available to order? Not seeing it at the usual spots

You are correct Zane777.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International
Tom, question about the thumbscrews on the Gen 3? Does activating the thumbscrews initiate instant adjustments? Or do you loosen the thumbscrews make a manual adjustment and retighten the thumbscrew?

Was he meaning, is there some sort of detention kind of like how my AXSR flip levers detent when locking and when unlocking for adjustment they have to detent out of place to allow the adjustment. Then the other part is if it’s spring loaded and moves automatically once free of the locks.

If they were available. I have considered just buying the chassis for the rear end.
That’s what I ended up doing. But I found a good deal on a used chassis for 1300 so I grabbed it. I figured the AX stock option for the AT ran about $995 so guessed this would be similar but didn’t wanna wait another year so jumped on it. Now I have spare rails and grip and stuff as well so I did it. 🤦‍♂️😂

Serious question, but why is this only being offered in 6.5 Manbun? The lack of a 308 has me going for an AT over this.
Because it’s a competition oriented rifle and most that are shooting competitions arent shooting 308. A few are, most aren’t. Pretty simple.

6.5 manbun…. I love when Fudds self identify. Hell, probably should have come in 30-06 too!

Serious question, but why is this only being offered in 6.5 Manbun? The lack of a 308 has me going for an AT over thish
Because it’s a competition oriented rifle and most that are shooting competitions arent shooting 308. A few are, most aren’t. Pretty simple.

6.5 manbun…. I love when Fudds self identify. Hell, probably should have come in 30-06 too!
Fudd. That’s a good one. 308 still gets the job done, can still be used in competition (Tac-Class), and around these parts, can still be had for reasonable prices versus 6.5 Creedmoor (aka Manbun).

Not intuitively understanding why the AT chassis is obsolete Is the bigger flaw on his thinking...

Bottom line is the ATX chassis is a major improvement, its not the new barrel profile or the caliber or the trigger etc.

Last edited:
Serious question, but why is this only being offered in 6.5 Manbun? The lack of a 308 has me going for an AT over thish

Fudd. That’s a good one. 308 still gets the job done, can still be used in competition (Tac-Class), and around these parts, can still be had for reasonable prices versus 6.5 Creedmoor (aka Manbun).
I shot Tac class every year except one in matches. So I understand wanting a 308 option and how it can be shot in matches successfully. But I and some others were the vast minority so AI will target the majority.

The Manbun thing made me laugh though. I shot 6 creed last season and with how little I need to adjust my turret because of how flat it is, I had extra time to tie up my man bun so it didn’t fall in my face on the clock!

I would think that the 6mm crowd is favoring chamberings that aren’t readily available in factory ammo (or weren’t when this was being developed, 6GT factory being fairly new) like BRA, Dasher, and GT. SO, in order to make a factory barrel For factory ammo, the choice would have been 6CM, which, is not the most popular 6mm choice And would be no more or less attractive to the 6mm crowd than 6.5CM will be.

6.5CM however, attracts a big following outside of the 6mm crowd, has a reasonable barrel life expectation and is LEAGUES more competitive (let’s not forget that the whole point was to make a competition platform that addressed all the competition-shortcomings of the other AI offering) than .308.

I would think that the 6mm crowd is favoring chamberings that aren’t readily available in factory ammo (or weren’t when this was being developed, 6GT factory being fairly new) like BRA, Dasher, and GT. SO, in order to make a factory barrel For factory ammo, the choice would have been 6CM, which, is not the most popular 6mm choice And would be no more or less attractive to the 6mm crowd than 6.5CM will be.

6.5CM however, attracts a big following outside of the 6mm crowd, has a reasonable barrel life expectation and is LEAGUES more competitive (let’s not forget that the whole point was to make a competition platform that addressed all the competition-shortcomings of the other AI offering) than .308.
Just announced at Shot Show, we are now offering 6 mm Creedmore as well as 6.5 mm. This is for the US market only.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

I like my .308 just fine…just not for any competition in which it is not required by rule or regulation.

I shot Tac class every year except one in matches. So I understand wanting a 308 option and how it can be shot in matches successfully. But I and some others were the vast minority so AI will target the majority.

The Manbun thing made me laugh though. I shot 6 creed last season and with how little I need to adjust my turret because of how flat it is, I had extra time to tie up my man bun so it didn’t fall in my face on the clock!
At least you got hair to put into a Manbun! Turned 30, and my hair vanished.

I went diving in the thread and probably missed it…

What are lead times looking like on these? If you order through EO or MH, is it color depending?

I went diving in the thread and probably missed it…

What are lead times looking like on these? If you order through EO or MH, is it color depending?
Depends on color. More rifles are going to MH it seems. AI posted a while back that a whole rack of DE rifles were shipping to EO and MH and according to the Euro rep, they never saw any of those. Again, not my words, theirs.

Just to give you an idea, I ordered a Dark Earth model through EO in Oct of 2021, I was number 10 on their list. Called about a week ago just to see and was told I was now 7th. Whether that means anything or not, who knows.

I had my barrel touch the front of the NV forend bridge. So I shaved some weight.

I'd look at Heavy Varmint, MTU or Comp Contour.

Go straight, if you're not going to put the bridge on.
Thanks Jorge, so a straight works if no bridge. When you tried did a larger profile was that also with internal weights?

I’d plan for a straight profile no internal weights and likely use external if needed for balance. Thoughts?

They also had two of the Rem 700 SA Chassis in blue when I was there to pick up a suppressor this week!
But they were "pre-production" and not for sale. They looked good. I might want to try one for a RIMX.
You didn’t happen to ask when they’re gonna list the Remington 700 atx for sale did you?

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Depends on color. More rifles are going to MH it seems. AI posted a while back that a whole rack of DE rifles were shipping to EO and MH and according to the Euro rep, they never saw any of those. Again, not my words, theirs.

Just to give you an idea, I ordered a Dark Earth model through EO in Oct of 2021, I was number 10 on their list. Called about a week ago just to see and was told I was now 7th. Whether that means anything or not, who knows.
The next production run will start delivering later in March and will run through April and May. After that the next AT-X rifle with the new rear end will start delivering in July 2022. It will also be possible to purchase the new rear as an aftermarket accessory which can replace the current rear with the Allen screws, around the May/June timeframe.
We do not give any preference to our distributors regarding deliveries.

You didn’t happen to ask when they’re gonna list the Remington 700 atx for sale did you?
Our distributors will be able to order AICS, for Remington 700, at the beginning of March. All are short action and we will start with the longer front end. Delivery will commence in July 2022.
There should be a new thread on AICS shortly.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

The next production run will start delivering later in March and will run through April and May. After that the next AT-X rifle with the new rear end will start delivering in July 2022. It will also be possible to purchase the new rear as an aftermarket accessory which can replace the current rear with the Allen screws, around the May/June timeframe.
We do not give any preference to our distributors regarding deliveries.
Thanks for the update. Is this a delay from what you previously posted in post 2,116 where you said second production run would be shipping in February?