• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

So the AT-X high action rail quest continues. I first got PN 26612 (AT high action rail) before Scott posted his explanation. It is in fact the wrong part. As you can see in the first picture, it is close to lining up but not quite. This doesn’t make a difference with most clip ons, but some (like HISS-XLR) are pretty sensitive to it.

Then I ordered the correct part number, which is 29394. The height seems correct, however this rail doesn’t have the two shiny metal recoil lugs (or whatever they are called).This is confusing because both the original low AT-X rail and the high AT rail have them. So before I start hammering at these to see if they come out, does anyone know what the deal here is? Why the difference?

First pic is 26612, second pic is the original AT-X low rail side by side with the high AT-X rail.
INB4 "We at AI made the executive decision to leave the action rail recoil lugs out to extend the cost savings of the AT-X' $5250 competitive pricing to our customers"

3F33AE57-E64A-4B28-8EAE-0961B5FB66DA.jpeg

Does the AI comp trigger have adjustability for pull weight and sear engagement?

There are 6 points of adjustment:

-1st stage pull weight
-1st stage sear engagement
-2nd stage pull weight
-2nd stage sear engagement
-2nd stage over travel stop
-1st stage take-up travel stop

I personally feel the factory sear and weight settings are ideal for a light and usable 2-stage trigger. User can also adjust take up and over travel stops as needed. The included AI instructions are very detailed.

And, once set… clear nail polish on all adjustment set screws to prevent movement.

@thestoicmarcusaurelius based on the above description it does sound like you don’t have the seer engagement set high enough. Some triggers don’t offer a sear engagement and they can be set “too light”. However if you can adjust the sear on both first and second stage I see no reason as to why you couldn’t adjust it to the minimum pull weight and then adjust the sear engagement and do drop tests until passing.

I added a little more take up in the fist stage and lightened the second stage by a little bit to make it feel close to my Trigger tech diamond and it’s been fine. Don’t need it super light.

How much weight are people adding to their ATXs? I notice "significant" recoil over my AT (same setup except the ARCA mount vs Spigot) and was surprised being that they weigh roughly the same. Was looking at ordering some weights and was trying to figure out if 2 would do the trick or if I should go for 4....

How much weight are people adding to their ATXs? I notice "significant" recoil over my AT (same setup except the ARCA mount vs Spigot) and was surprised being that they weigh roughly the same. Was looking at ordering some weights and was trying to figure out if 2 would do the trick or if I should go for 4....
Totally depends on barrel length and contour and what your personal preference for balance point is.

I run 2 internal weights in the front two slots, and leave the third slot, closest to the action, empty. I run 2 external weights closest to the action to widen the stance. So 2# total.

Balanced
IMG_2332.jpeg
IMG_2333.jpeg

@tomirwin will the ATX 700 chassis fit Impact 737Rs and other 700 clones that use trigger hangers, without the need to remove material?
I thought I had seen 737r in one but the AXSR held the impact just fine so should be fine i would think. Here's one of a surgeon in the ATX.

274074747_4701009186613835_3388707701488387506_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lonely Raven
Can someone please tell me the bolt diameter of the AT-X?

Also, is the barrel for the US version Bartlein or AI? I’ve seen mentions of both.

I thought I had seen 737r in one but the AXSR held the impact just fine so should be fine i would think. Here's one of a surgeon in the ATX.

274074747_4701009186613835_3388707701488387506_n.jpg

Surgeons don't run trigger hangers. That seems to be the hang up on chassis for the 737r. Most chassis don't have issues but some like the W3 do. Just want to make sure before I pre order one if that's the route I decide to go

Does anyone have the dimensions for the keyslots in the side of the handguard, or mind measuring a couple things? Specifically center to center of the tightened keyslot position, and center of tightened keyslot position to bottom of handguard. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: deersniper
Surgeons don't run trigger hangers. That seems to be the hang up on chassis for the 737r. Most chassis don't have issues but some like the W3 do. Just want to make sure before I pre order one if that's the route I decide to go
No doubt. All of my mini-chassis' have had to be cut for my tempest so I understand.

More OG nastiness... received a couple of 24" Proof CF Sendero barrels from Redbeard Gunworks and dropped ~2.5 lbs. over the Proof steel barrel I was running. Have a TBAC Ultra 9 pending, so this will be around the 20 lbs. mark once all said and done.

51926463489_8aff13524d_h.jpg

More OG nastiness... received a couple of 24" Proof CF Sendero barrels from Redbeard Gunworks and dropped ~2.5 lbs. over the Proof steel barrel I was running. Have a TBAC Ultra 9 pending, so this will be around the 20 lbs. mark once all said and done.

Those Crocs tho....🔥🔥🔥🔥

c3a.jpg

Yall dont be hatin on crocs, now. They are the perfect yard shoe. Just dont wear them in public other than on a boat or maybe to Jiu-jitsu or something. Besides, my Hey Dudes are my favorite shoes i own. I have about 16 pair of them. They just got bought out by Crocs last week. Idk if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

I'm still just trying to figure out what's OG about the latest AI? 🤷
It's tongue-in-cheek and you'll have to go several pages back. There were several folks complaining about AI updating some features to the AT-X in how it will ship to consumers now versus when it was initially released, ergo "OG." I for one enjoy the rifle even if it doesn't have the added stuff.

What paint/"stencil" did you use for this?

Reactions: Darkside-Six