Accuracy International AT-X

deersniper

What would Burt do?
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    https://www.manzellaprecision.com/ delivers !

I haven’t shot groups in months. That 5 shot group is easily 1-2 tenths shooter error

61BF4D87-B084-4CA2-A054-80C286CDE333.png

7CC60C03-5785-481F-B976-D6CFAFF9C009.jpeg

CB6D3F38-9D29-4DB3-9DA7-4EDE5D23E7DF.jpeg

hic28

The Legman
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Apr 2, 2017
    Where are we buying quivers ?

Anyone modified a mag to hold 12 rounds ?

View attachment 7914845
    Yes. I did. Works great and holds 12. I cut the bottom out flush with the interior side walls. Leave the flaps on the outside so the Altus extension grabs them. If you have access, I’d recommend welding the back side of those tabs. I’ll take some pictures when I get home

deersniper

What would Burt do?
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Yes. I did. Works great and holds 12. I cut the bottom out flush with the interior side walls. Leave the flaps on the outside so the Altus extension grabs them. If you have access, I’d recommend welding the back side of those tabs. I’ll take some pictures when I get home
    I have one of these I was going to try to ginger rig not sure if it would work ?

just browsing

just enough to be dangerous
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Feb 18, 2017
    NE PA
    A8B11E1E-F878-45A6-B535-1232C6471F40.jpeg

419 extensions also fit very nicely… they even follow the contour of the magwell.

I haven’t modified the mag itself yet but I’d imagine spring will need to be stretched pretty good to work. Adds almost 1.5” to the depth.

I’m thinking the Seekins/Altus +2s would probably be better suited.

Reactions: deersniper

Heretoimproveforhunting

Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Sep 10, 2008
    North TX
    got some rare free time this evening, so i fashioned up a coplanar rail for the short bridge to run my clip-ons. took some points off the endsquickly free hand. may actually clamp it and clean it up more in the morning before i paint. may not.

Attachments

• 04D6232B-3B9D-4DA6-8261-854158D92EEA.jpeg
      04D6232B-3B9D-4DA6-8261-854158D92EEA.jpeg
      350.6 KB · Views: 157
    • 9BE320A3-02F5-461E-ABEE-8E3ACF0EFF07.jpeg
      9BE320A3-02F5-461E-ABEE-8E3ACF0EFF07.jpeg
      548.5 KB · Views: 141
    • 11C012C3-603A-4A1A-ABC7-F3403FB2D0F1.jpeg
      11C012C3-603A-4A1A-ABC7-F3403FB2D0F1.jpeg
      277 KB · Views: 142
    • 9EA535AA-A2C2-475C-AE9C-E2490727CC23.jpeg
      9EA535AA-A2C2-475C-AE9C-E2490727CC23.jpeg
      234.7 KB · Views: 147
    • CD07CFFE-F582-4859-BAB1-62BBECC2BA64.jpeg
      CD07CFFE-F582-4859-BAB1-62BBECC2BA64.jpeg
      555.3 KB · Views: 148

just browsing

Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Feb 18, 2017
    NE PA
    Has anyone else had trouble feeding GT rounds without HRD kits? It will pick up some rounds (seems like the odd numbers - 1, 3, etc.) but skips over others. Does the same thing with 3 different brand new AX mags.

I feel like the mags sit a little low when secured in the chassis, but the cases have good engagement with the feed lips. If I move the cases forward, as if there was a spacer, it feeds fine.

Just looking to see whether guys have had better luck with or without the kits (or maybe if there is another issue at play). I thought it might have been the bad mag issue, but given that the feed lips seem like they’re OK, I’m not sure that it is.

desert_impact

Private
    Minuteman
    Jun 1, 2021
    Arizona
    Has anyone else had trouble feeding GT rounds without HRD kits? It will pick up some rounds (seems like the odd numbers - 1, 3, etc.) but skips over others. Does the same thing with 3 different brand new AX mags.

I feel like the mags sit a little low when secured in the chassis, but the cases have good engagement with the feed lips. If I move the cases forward, as if there was a spacer, it feeds fine.

Just looking to see whether guys have had better luck with or without the kits (or maybe if there is another issue at play). I thought it might have been the bad mag issue, but given that the feed lips seem like they’re OK, I’m not sure that it is.
    I don’t shoot GT, but I’ve heard those kits work very well.

kthomas

Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Jun 17, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    Are there magnum bolt faces available for this rifle? And if not, any plans in the future for a magnum bolt face?

deersniper

What would Burt do?
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Think @trophyhunter does it now ?

ma smith

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Sep 29, 2020
    Are there magnum bolt faces available for this rifle? And if not, any plans in the future for a magnum bolt face?
    IIRC There are AI manufactured parts for 6,5 PRC bolts that exist. But only as proof of concept/demo. No publically available SKU.

AI is still launching ATX (eg AICS is due soon?), so they aren't making any kinds of promises on additiona/future SKUs.

kthomas

Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Jun 17, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    Sounds like I would have to get the bolt face modified, thankfully there appears to be a few people that do it.

I've gotten a wild hair recently, and contemplating adding an AT-X to my collection, but in 7 SAUM...

Maciej

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Nov 12, 2008
    NJ
    Question for ATX owners that have thrown the MDT Elite grip on their rifles, are you ordering the standard chassis rifle option or AR option?

Maciej

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Nov 12, 2008
    NJ
    Standard chassis I believe.

Finally found some more info, you're spot on. Ends up the only difference is the notch for the safety. Going to be ordering a few of these shortly. Appreciate the help!

Bravo6niner

Private
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Oct 30, 2017
    High Plains

Few pages back this was talked about some. I’m running 6gt with no mag kits and it works most of the time but get a few bolt ride overs myself. I shimmed the mag catch up and that help a bunch but still miss a round here and there. AI says there is no need to shim the mag catch though. If your having issues send them your mags and they will fix them.

reubenski

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Jun 8, 2008
    To
    I get bolt overrides running 6GT in my AT. I thought my mags just had weak springs. Seems like it's common.

just browsing

Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Feb 18, 2017
    NE PA
    Few pages back this was talked about some. I’m running 6gt with no mag kits and it works most of the time but get a few bolt ride overs myself. I shimmed the mag catch up and that help a bunch but still miss a round here and there. AI says there is no need to shim the mag catch though. If your having issues send them your mags and they will fix them.
    I get bolt overrides running 6GT in my AT. I thought my mags just had weak springs. Seems like it's common.
    Messed around with it a little bit more today and found that I can get it to feed reliably by moving the rounds forward in the mag so the case shoulder touches the rib. Also talked to Krob about it and he said the same thing has been working for him.

I ordered some HRD mag kits to try, but I think the GT cases are going to be too long to work with the spacer/rib spacing.

Going to run it like this for a regional match next weekend and figure out where to go from there. I may still send the mags into AI to have them looked at, but if the issue persists I may have to look at shimming as well.

Will update as I mess around with it more.

6CFFB03D-309D-4A69-852D-77E30B1E94CA.jpeg
    BBC4A79F-749A-4B9B-A610-55736C92ABDC.jpeg

Last edited:

reubenski

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Jun 8, 2008
    To
    Messed around with it a little bit more today and found that I can get it to feed reliably by moving the rounds forward in the mag so the case shoulder touches the rib. Also talked to Krob about it and he said the same thing has been working for him.

I ordered some HRD mag kits to try, but I think the GT cases are going to be too long to work with the spacer/rib spacing.

Going to run it like this for a regional match next weekend and figure out where to go from there.

View attachment 7923628View attachment 7923627
    For me it happens like once maybe twice in an entire match. But I remember specifically the happening right at the end of a stage and almost caused me to time out but I was able to recock fix it load and send the round with a hit at 1048 right before the buzzer. But that made me really not appreciate that one time

JB.IC

Jackass of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Jan 25, 2019
    I was having issues with bolt riding over with my 6CM. Had issues with the magazine doing some weird shhit. Sent the mag off and got it back. Seems to be ok but I only shot it at one match.

1659371650395.jpeg

Tritiumdials

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Aug 29, 2020
    CONUS
    Has anyone 3D printed blocks that follow the shape of the Sawtooth or AI weights yet? I want the wide footprint/thumb area without the weight.

just browsing

Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Feb 18, 2017
    NE PA
    Has anyone 3D printed blocks that follow the shape of the Sawtooth or AI weights yet? I want the wide footprint/thumb area without the weight.
    I’m sure you already know, but Sawtooth does make aluminum ones. Not sure how much weight you’d save with 3D vs. those, but I’d venture to
    guess you probably wouldn’t tell a difference.