• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Have you opened up the top part of the mag to match the measurements of the bottom where the rib is? I think feeding comes down to overall length of rounds too. Maybe HRD would make a good addition if can still fit the 6GT? 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

The HRD kits will not work without some modification. Basically the spacer is a little to deep for the GT cases to fit inside the front ribs.

You could essentially take some material off the spacer, but then the follower would be too short and leave a little space to potentially bind.

So Ii ran my unmodified AX and AW mags a few weeks back and the AX with 6GT ammo would fail to feed rounds from the left side of the stack pretty regularly. I cycled 4 mags of each the AW never failed to feed. The AX did a couple of times each mag.

Today I ran a 80 round match with a 2 pieces of tape over the back of the AX mag lifting it up, AW unmodified. Both mags ran flawless at the match. I alternated mags each stage. My theory is the AW without the front lip allows the mag to be more horizontal and inline with the bolt and less likely to have the bolt run over the top. The AW still has play and i expect if a stage put pressure on the mag lifting the front similar failure would occur. Not a fan of duct tape on my gear would be interested in shimming the mag catch.View attachment 7953749

Yep, same thing for me. The AX mags are just slightly off in their geometry and cause the bolt to run over the rear of the case. Like you said, if you figure out a way to lift the rear of the mag slightly, they feed fine.

If you do end up shimming the latch, post pictures of how you do it and how it’s working. I’ve found that running the cases forward in the mag (as if there were a spacer without actually using a spacer) works about 98% reliably. Still need to mess with it a little bit to see if I can get it perfect.

Have you opened up the top part of the mag to match the measurements of the bottom where the rib is? I think feeding comes down to overall length of rounds too. Maybe HRD would make a good addition if can still fit the 6GT? 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
20220407_150555.jpg
20220407_150359.jpg
20220407_150457.jpg

These are 6.5CM Prime Factory, the 6GT Hornady sit the same against the back and along the lips on both sides.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heffo
The HRD kits will not work without some modification. Basically the spacer is a little to deep for the GT cases to fit inside the front ribs.

You could essentially take some material off the spacer, but then the follower would be too short and leave a little space to potentially bind.

Yep, same thing for me. The AX mags are just slightly off in their geometry and cause the bolt to run over the rear of the case. Like you said, if you figure out a way to lift the rear of the mag slightly, they feed fine.

If you do end up shimming the latch, post pictures of how you do it and how it’s working. I’ve found that running the cases forward in the mag (as if there were a spacer without actually using a spacer) works about 98% reliably. Still need to mess with it a little bit to see if I can get it perfect.

You don't need a shim mate.

You don't need a shim mate.

This is not the same mag issue that was being discussed earlier in the thread… this is specific to GT cases.

My mags/feed lip engagement is fine, but something about the geometry of the GT sits the case heads too low in the mag when they are fully seated to the rear, causing the bolt to skip over them.

Asked AI about it and they basically said “the mags aren’t designed to work with those cases.” Hence possibly shimming the latch as a solution.

Reactions: Heffo and seansmd
Has anyone stirpped one of these down for a cerakote job? Are there instructions anywhere?

Many have, and I would actually recommend taking yours apart and properly torquing all of your screws. Plenty of instances where they were not from the factory.

Disassembly is pretty straightforward, but these should help.

B27E32C3-8249-4694-AB02-5A169B73D44F.jpeg

CB4F9934-7529-441E-89D8-989D6D638426.jpeg

Many have, and I would actually recommend taking yours apart and properly torquing all of your screws. Plenty of instances where they were not from the factory.

Disassembly is pretty straightforward, but these should help.

View attachment 7954832
View attachment 7954833
Thanks. The other reason why I ask is I have a heap lateral of play in my trigger. The dealer in Australia thinks this is normal. I’m not convinced, but this is my first AI product.

Video link is below

AI AT-X trigger lateral movement

Thanks. The other reason why I ask is I have a heap lateral of play in my trigger. The dealer in Australia thinks this is normal. I’m not convinced, but this is my first AI product.

Video link is below

AI AT-X trigger lateral movement
Just went and grabbed my AT-X out of the closet. Same amount of lateral play. It’s normal. Triggers that I work with everyday have roughly the same degree of lateral play.

Is there information on the gen 3 ATX rifles? More specifically, when they will be on sale here in the USA and what improvements are expected?

Is there information on the gen 3 ATX rifles? More specifically, when they will be on sale here in the USA and what improvements are expected?
Gen 3 was slated to only add the tooless adjustment on the rear stock. I posted a picture of one here in the thread a couple weeks back

I'm still trying to be patient. Having 3 boys and myself shooting which makes the quick adjustment stock extremely helpful

Again thanks for this. But it turns out I don’t have screw #4 from this diagram

That would indicate your rifle is a Gen 1 then. The entire chassis will need to be separated from the action instead of just being able to remove the lower section (and leaving the action installed) as you’re able to on the Gen 2s.

No change in performance or consistency, just not as convenient to disassemble. Shouldn’t make any difference for you in terms of painting it and everything else should be unchanged.

That would indicate your rifle is a Gen 1 then. The entire chassis will need to be separated from the action instead of just being able to remove the lower section (and leaving the action installed) as you’re able to on the Gen 2s.

No change in performance or consistency, just not as convenient to disassemble. Shouldn’t make any difference for you in terms of painting it and everything else should be unchanged.

Is the trigger removable without removing the barreled action from the upper section of the chassis in Gen2? Its not in my Gen 1 as far as I can tell...

Pf

Of course I get a gen 1 with a fucked trigger after waiting for 530 days for a rifle. Just my luck

I have an Impact 737 with a 20” .223 barrel coming, thinking I’ll throw it in this opposed to the Vision chassis and reserve the Vision chassis for a 6.5CM build.

I pre ordered a FDE and Sage Green 700 atx chassis today. They're expecting late Oct, but I just hope to have em by new years! Mile High has a blue atx 700 chassis on the display shelf. I called em asking for the weight on it. Dude came back and said idk 5 or 6 pounds? So no scaled numbers yet. If I worked there that'd been first thing I did when it was opened up.

Reactions: Maciej
I pre ordered a FDE and Sage Green 700 atx chassis today. They're expecting late Oct, but I just hope to have em by new years! Mile High has a blue atx 700 chassis on the display shelf. I called em asking for the weight on it. Dude came back and said idk 5 or 6 pounds? So no scaled numbers yet. If I worked there that'd been first thing I did when it was opened up.

They weighed one for me and if I remember correctly it was 4# roughly

Reactions: 4O6shootist
Arrived yesterday
V 3 chassis
No feeding issues
Thanks to Sporting Services for this joy

Attachments

• 246da35d-354c-4175-95c3-79976c39c078.jpg
    246da35d-354c-4175-95c3-79976c39c078.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 238
  • 87b530c5-249b-4645-b6ef-7486835d6f71.jpg
    87b530c5-249b-4645-b6ef-7486835d6f71.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 286f2335-783a-4f27-afc0-78ca8292e49d.jpg
    286f2335-783a-4f27-afc0-78ca8292e49d.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 180
  • c44edc3e-a0b2-4642-b79e-c5544d61461a.jpg
    c44edc3e-a0b2-4642-b79e-c5544d61461a.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
I assume the foreend length is the same as the complete rifle, too long for a 16 inch Vudoo barrel.
I have the shorter AT-X AICS with a Vudoo V360 in it, perfect length.
Please excuse the crap spray can paint job, I used it hunting and wanted to temporarily hide the nice blue.
These 'short' uppers are not compatible with the full length upper rail, only the stubby version.

ATX Vudoo.jpg

Please excuse the crap spray can paint job, I used it hunting and wanted to temporarily hide the nice blue.
These 'short' uppers are not compatible with the full length upper rail, only the stubby version.

View attachment 7971072
How did you get it?

View attachment 7971072
Looks to be gen1/gen2 buttstock? I believe the production aics chassis gen3 with tool-less adjustable hardware.