Accuracy International AT-X

verdugo60

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 6, 2010
    Denver, CO
    6.5 PRC ? Very soon, 2024
    I just read the other thread where Tom Irwin said the team AI guys spoke out of turn at the AT-X release and they aren’t planning a magnum or 223 bolt anytime soon.

DAMNIT! Is it too much to ask to run a 7 SAUM and a 223 Ackley in an AT!?!

Ahem. Now to price out a bugholes setup.

Commander Shepard

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Aug 3, 2004
    NC
    Because you probably ordered AI-29394BL and not the one I linked.
    You are absolutely right, I checked my order and it was in fact AI-29394BL. I didn’t know there was a second option available, is this a new offering?

This brings up another question, why are there two different options for the same rail? Who would want one without the recoil lugs and correct hardware?

generalzip

Old Salt
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Jun 30, 2010
    Houston, tx
    I know I saw it earlier in the thread, but I’m too lazy to look… what’s the lightest config y’all are getting out of these with a carbon barrels or similar?

Obviously dependent on scope, accessories, etc. but any hope for Open Heavy Hunter class?
    Mines actually surprisingly light. Go with a 22” (with can) or 24” (without) carbon barrel in 6 creed or similar. Still nowhere near a manners and carbon barrel but it’s respectable. And the weights feels like it’s in the right places.

generalzip

Old Salt
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Jun 30, 2010
    Houston, tx

MOUNTIC

Mountic Outdoors: Big Game Hunter
    Supporter
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Apr 29, 2017
    Colorado
    MounticOutdoors.com
    Kk

Doesn't seem like a great seller if there are only a few available and they haven't sold

Shoot me a PM or let me know if you are interested in one. 6 have sold in the last few hours since I posted the ad, and there are only a couple left.

Thanks,

Jake

just browsing

just enough to be dangerous
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Feb 18, 2017
    NE PA
    I have been called back to the fold… thanks a lot Jake.

Sold my ES earlier this year, but couldn’t resist the blue any longer.

• Haha
    Reactions: Huskydriver

4O6shootist

It was the wind!
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Sep 5, 2021
    Montana
    Mines actually surprisingly light. Go with a 22” (with can) or 24” (without) carbon barrel in 6 creed or similar. Still nowhere near a manners and carbon barrel but it’s respectable. And the weights feels like it’s in the right places.
    6cm for nrl hunter open heavy? Wont make the power factor.

Reactions: deersniper

generalzip

Old Salt
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Jun 30, 2010
    Houston, tx
    6cm for nrl hunter open heavy? Wont make the power factor.
    True. With the weight of the rifle with carbon barrel, 6 creed is about as much recoil as the rifle could realistically handle IMO while allowing you to spot your shots shooting from more unstable positions. That’s why I chose this caliber but I don’t shoot NRL hunter. But this rifle kills everything at the ranch just fine.

Reactions: deersniper

deersniper

What would Burt do?
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    I noticed in your second pic you have a small accessory rail. I assume that’s the stock factory low 20 moa rail. Does your clip on work with the scope on 20 moa and the clip on on a 0moa rail in that’s configuration you have?
    Yes, yes, yes

Utc xii fwiw

Reactions: generalzip

blbennett1288

Rivet
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Apr 24, 2017
    Hoover, Alabama
    1E592FA4-D373-46CD-B9ED-C5C15DA77AFF.jpeg

TheOtherAndrew

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Jan 27, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Sweet! Have to ask, the cheek piece pad, where'd you get it?

Reactions: 4O6shootist

XikoPlavi

What a drag it is getting old!
    Minuteman
    Nov 4, 2021
    USA
    Ladder test without the actual target attached. Just the metal backdrop after 30 rounds. This is 2nd ladder of 5 shot groups of h4350. 135-Atips @ 100 meters. Lapua srp once fired. Nodes at 41.5 & 42.9. I’m trying to stay with a COAL of 2.819 as my ATX has a lot of throat room

185DF13C-FA4A-432B-8197-943B9A55E970.jpeg

Reactions: Stoweit

Safety_3rd

Semi-pro whiskey sommelier
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Aug 31, 2017
    Austin Texas
    I didn't read all 80 pages, but I did use the search function and couldn't see the answer... But does the number in front of the AT on the serial number correspond to the manufacture year?

Reactions: SkyScrapin

BuLLet

I need a new gun!
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    USA
    I didn't read all 80 pages, but I did use the search function and couldn't see the answer... But does the number in front of the AT on the serial number correspond to the manufacture year?
    Yes

just browsing

just enough to be dangerous
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Feb 18, 2017
    NE PA

Safety_3rd

Semi-pro whiskey sommelier
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Aug 31, 2017
    Austin Texas
    Okay am I being a little bitch? I had a back-order AT-X that I just picked up from my FFL. It shipped 7/2/22. When I got it the foam was retaped up with box tape, the butt pad was crusty white, the heavy trigger spring was installed, and it has a 21 AT serial number. The shop told me that their system ships out the oldest model first and that's why I got a 21. I've got a gen 1, and this is a gen 2 but I thought I was getting a 22 serial number. This on looks like it was their floor model and when their newest models came in, they sent me their old model and put the new new as their floor model. Sucks because I canceled my order from another vender and this morning, I confirmed with them and AI USA that all of their recent shipments were 22 serial numbers.

• Haha
    Reactions: Huskydriver