• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

I might be the only one who prefers hex screws. Simple and clean.

Out fighting mirage in 36C (97F)
tempImagea69BcR.jpg

Anyone have the distance from the bottom of the chassis arca rail to the center boreline of the barrel? Wondering how much lower the BA sits in this chassis vs. a Rem700 BA in an ACC chassis.
Thanks

Reactions: T-TurtleWang
No. Within our family of products you aren't going to need an adjustable magazine catch. 3rd party magazines seem to be all over the map and thus the adjustable catches that are showing up on various products. Rimfire mags are another matter entirely. We have all the major rimfires for continued testing. Within the same brand some work and some don't. There are a lot of challenges to reliably feed a .22 round in a mag system made for a 7.62.

-Scott
My 700 chassis question was geared for rimfire use, specifically the Vudoo V22.

First AI, 100 rounds down a 6CM tube. Spotted every single hit and every miss from 400 yd movers out to 1000 yds at high magnification (18-27x).

Never even thought about bolt lift until I came back to this thread. My take is this action is exceptionally positive when you are cycling live ammo. There is no doubt that I just chambered another round. I never needed to adjust POA as I cycled the bolt with live ammo in between shots. Windy day (20+kts).

No. Within our family of products you aren't going to need an adjustable magazine catch. 3rd party magazines seem to be all over the map and thus the adjustable catches that are showing up on various products. Rimfire mags are another matter entirely. We have all the major rimfires for continued testing. Within the same brand some work and some don't. There are a lot of challenges to reliably feed a .22 round in a mag system made for a 7.62.

-Scott
I’m getting some bolt ride over issues on my ATx with multiple factory mags. Compared to my AX the bolt barely contacts the mag follower on an empty mag.

Reactions: Texascbr
Needed a little weight on the back to balance the rifle out. Looks like it will work, just need to cerakote it now. Weighs 1# 5oz. No weights up front just a 26” MTU.

Attachments

• E1DFE631-EB12-4806-BF2D-20D1D2E8A66E.jpeg
    E1DFE631-EB12-4806-BF2D-20D1D2E8A66E.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 3232B1AD-F1FE-466A-AD4C-C9CB8D70E1D8.jpeg
    3232B1AD-F1FE-466A-AD4C-C9CB8D70E1D8.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 52A41D4E-0C43-41C0-9057-0826D2A02E06.jpeg
    52A41D4E-0C43-41C0-9057-0826D2A02E06.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 170
  • 153FE01A-D42F-400F-8861-C5E863F85A4B.jpeg
    153FE01A-D42F-400F-8861-C5E863F85A4B.jpeg
    383.1 KB · Views: 180
  • 8B693E5A-9AE4-4305-B123-BB3F726CBC7A.jpeg
    8B693E5A-9AE4-4305-B123-BB3F726CBC7A.jpeg
    471.8 KB · Views: 169
  • B1E1DE3D-DAAB-4A51-ABED-171199E0F850.jpeg
    B1E1DE3D-DAAB-4A51-ABED-171199E0F850.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 174
Merry Christmas to all AI users, supporters of AI and those who have yet to join the AI club.
We have shipped all but three of the first batch of production AT-X rifles to our distributors.
We will continue to ship the second production batch during January, February and March of 2022 and next year will be a good year for shipments of AI rifles, AICS and accessories.
Product updates will be announced at the Shot Show.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International
Any idea on what happened to the ones that were heading to Australia in the first batch? I was told December at the latest but haven’t heard a thing...

I was told end Jan (after being told September/October/December.....).
I asked in December - "Should I put in my PTA????
Reply - "no, not yet...."

First batch arrived into Australia but the first batch was only 6 red all of which were sold prior to arrival. The next batch included 9 FDE and I think another 10 on the way. Again all pre sold so depending on what colour you ordered and where you are on the list would change when yours would arrive

I was told end Jan (after being told September/October/December.....).
I asked in December - "Should I put in my PTA????
Reply - "no, not yet...."
That’s what I am thinking, PTA will expire. Was told December but who knows...

First batch arrived into Australia but the first batch was only 6 red all of which were sold prior to arrival. The next batch included 9 FDE and I think another 10 on the way. Again all pre sold so depending on what colour you ordered and where you are on the list would change when yours would arrive
Elite sand... so elite you can’t even get one 😂

I’m getting some bolt ride over issues on my ATx with multiple factory mags. Compared to my AX the bolt barely contacts the mag follower on an empty mag.
Yeah, I have the same issue. AW mags work fine though. I called AI directly, and we talked. I'm going to tweak the feed lips. If that doesn't work, they've already told me they'll replace the magazine (just gotta call in for an RMA#).

Based on your comment (multiple factory mags) though, I'm wondering if the mag latch is a just a tad too short.

Do guys generally prefer the bolt to stop on an empty mag? I’m not really a fan of that with my AXSR. I do a lot of single feeding though. Have to give the follower a little push when single feeding

Last edited:
I know I don't. You can grind an angle on the back of your follower so the bolt slides over it
I need to do that on my AXSR mags & AW mags. It’s useful to let me know when I’m empty but I like the flexibility to single feed quickly. I also have the PIG +3 rounder in the event I need to single feed with the AW mags yet messing with the follower during a match is the last thing I want to deal with.

Easiest fix- put empty mag in rifle with bolt back. With the palm of your hand, hit the bolt handle forward and it will chip off the perfect size off the corner of the mag follower and you're good.

And before anybody says it will mess something up, I've done this to 6 mags without flaw. It's steel vs plastic.

I can post pics of how the follower looks if need be.

Yeah, I have the same issue. AW mags work fine though. I called AI directly, and we talked. I'm going to tweak the feed lips. If that doesn't work, they've already told me they'll replace the magazine (just gotta call in for an RMA#).

Based on your comment (multiple factory mags) though, I'm wondering if the mag latch is a just a tad too short.
So my temporary fix, loosen the mag catch assembly and I installed to small shim strip pieces and tighten the latch assembly down. Works fine now. Can’t remember right off how thick the shim stock was but I tried different thickness till I got the same mag to bottom of bolt measurement as my AX.

Ya 2 seconds with a dremel wheel to the follower gets rid of the “last round bolt catch”

Reactions: Katana88
Shit was thinking of selling my 6CM to finance one of these but it seems like waiting a bit longer might be a good idea. Following.

View attachment 7796868

Looks like the 2022 pricing is in effect and this blue one in stock most likely doesn't have any of the new gen components. Major oof.
All AT-X rifles and AICS ordered now will be what we call Version 3 and what has been referred to here as Gen 3.
The new common rear end with single thumbscrew adjustment for cheek piece and LOP is included.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

All AT-X rifles and AICS ordered now will be what we call Version 3 and what has been referred to here as Gen 3.
The new common rear end with single thumbscrew adjustment for cheek piece and LOP is included.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International
I was talking about that particular one at Mile High, the only model in stock for purchase. Someone has to take one for the team to clear old stock.

Where are the elite sand bridges though?

Reactions: T-TurtleWang
I to had some bolt ride over issues with the mag the rifle came with and two others i picked up from MHSA. It only happened 2-3 times so far but i was pretty bummed out and didnt know why. I hope i dont have to "adjust" anything on the rifle.

Hey mate, so do AW mags work as well as AX mags in the AT-X? I have a couple extra AX mags for the rifle when it arrives….but over here in Oz we wait a while for things and AX mags are out of stock but there are some AI AW mags still available. Cheers

Hey mate, so do AW mags work as well as AX mags in the AT-X? I have a couple extra AX mags for the rifle when it arrives….but over here in Oz we wait a while for things and AX mags are out of stock but there are some AI AW mags still available. Cheers

I've been running AX and AW mags in my AT-X for a year without issues. @hic28 hasn't had any issues either.

@MarinePMI is just having issues with that specific AX mag. Should've had him bring it to my match last month so see how it ran on my AT-X. Lol

I have the AX mag that came with the rifle and picked up a new AW as a spare. I have experienced a couple of issues with the AW mag of the bolt not picking up the next round.

But I haven't spent enough time with it to confirm that it is definitely an issue with the mag (most likely from pushing it into a bag) or if it is operator error on my behalf.

Reactions: Heffo