• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Looks like all the snow is finally going to melt around here. Range trip next week is in order. Been a crazy ass winter. I was shooting well into January and then whamo!

Well it was time for the yearly AI AXMC rifle colour change.
I thought something different, 5 colour Digital camo.

I did not think it would take 36 hours!

Full strip down, degrease, blast and then the layers of Cerakote H Series.

Over 1600, yes 1600 individual stencils applied, that alone took 3 hours.

2 hours to take them all off, then the reassemble.

The rifle, 3 barrels, 2 Moderators, Scope, Spur mount, Arca rails, 4 magazines and other bits.

Glad I only get bored once a year!View attachment 7564681View attachment 7564683View attachment 7564685
That is just wonderful and so worth the effort. Amazing

Wish it was mine, but it’s not. Thought y’all might be interested

19E6A864-DD3E-4736-BA0A-DDEAB5EEEEE2.jpeg

55F9F1E2-DBC2-461C-B8A9-D49109FC9257.jpeg

156B6B96-DFD0-4930-A6C9-CE0251F96270.jpeg

That good looking rifle...love the AT with the AX buttstock!

Which Sphur scope mount model/height is that? I have the NV rail also on my AT and I am looking for scope mount that would clear the NV rail.
Thanks dude! I couldn’t be happier with the setup 👍🏻 It’s the 1.5” height 0-MOA Sphur to assist with NV co-witness.

Sold on it? lol. Nice NF 7-35x with BEAST turrets.
I’d really like to spend some time behind one, but realistically that isn’t going to happen. I bought my AT and AX without ever being behind either and have been impressed/satisfied so far.

I am going to purchase an AT-X. The debate I am having is do I get in on the preorder or wait until they are available and in stock.

I am a middle of the pack shooter, but occasionally have a lights out day and shoot well. The AT-X isnt going to make or break my performance, but I still want one lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: tex68w
I’d really like to spend some time behind one, but realistically that isn’t going to happen. I bought my AT and AX without ever being behind either and have been impressed/satisfied so far.

I am going to purchase an AT-X. The debate I am having is do I get in on the preorder or wait until the are available and in stock.

I am a middle of the pack shooter, but occasionally having a lights out day and shoot well. The AT-X isnt going to make or break my performance, but I still want one lol.
I'm going to venture into no man's land and comment FWIW as a non-competitor, but I've owned 2 ATs and have an AX. I had the chance to briefly shoot the AX in 6 Dasher at Quantico Saturday, it was incredibly smooth (as is any AI action), but it felt lighter to me when cycling. The 6 Dasher had very little recoil and I was easily able to stay on target and watch the trace, hits and misses at 756y. Ergo was fantastic, even though I was shooting the bosses setup and glass. I only shot a mag, but it's motivating me to get off my old ass and become a PRS competitor. :)

My understanding is the pre-order AXs will be in 6.5CM, so if you want to shoot, for example, a 6mm, you'll be putting more cash up for a barrel and mags inserts. The team were using delrin inserts and different springs and followers for the 6mm rounds in a regular AI mag. They did say they will release different caliber mags (akin to the AX mag recently released for the 308 bolt face), but for now, you may be limited to 6.5CM.

Pics of the AX I shot. Gratuitous video of the match winner also included.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_6748.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6748.jpg
    691.6 KB · Views: 91
  • thumbnail_IMG_6752.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6752.jpg
    591.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
All dressed up with no place to go...

My GTAC AXMC conversion finally arrived. A little weather on the east coast and it was stuck in New York for a week. It took all of 15 minutes to install and wouldn't you know it, despite having 87 gazillion parts, no decent AR grips. Oh well, maybe Amazon can deliver quickly or I'll "suffer" this weekend with a crappy hard plastic grip. :)

ETA - First pic is how it arrives and was poor lighting, the unit is Dark Earth. Second shows it installed on a Dark Earth AX.

Attachments

• AXMC.jpg
    AXMC.jpg
    615.3 KB · Views: 167
  • GTAC COnversion.jpg
    GTAC COnversion.jpg
    513.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
All you AXSR guys that are looking for bolt bodies, EO has them listed on the site now to backorder. I'm sure they won't last long when in stock so I would pre-order/backorder them if your looking.
Fun Fact #2: So are the AXSR forends.

I was looking at the prices for the AXSR assemblies and the FP/Shroud parts. I’m wondering if the “assembly” is just the bolt body (rather than the complete assembly like with the MC) and the FP/Shroud part is then also required to make a completed assembly (bolt body, shroud, FP). ...which is what it seems like and would put a complete AXSR bolt assembly way more than a complete AXMC assembly.

Fun Fact #2: So are the AXSR forends.

I was looking at the prices for the AXSR assemblies and the FP/Shroud parts. I’m wondering if the “assembly” is just the bolt body (rather than the complete assembly like with the MC) and the FP/Shroud part is then also required to make a completed assembly (bolt body, shroud, FP). ...which is what it seems like and would put a complete AXSR bolt assembly way more than a complete AXMC assembly.

Looks to me the bolt body is by itself. Just like the AXMC bolt bodies. Same pricing at $681 for the MC and SR. The firing pin and shroud assembly are also the same pricing as the AXMC. Both at $510. So both those together would get you the complete setup. Both for the AXMC and AXSR. Pricing didn't change.

If your looking for a complete SFP drop in and go assembly for the AXMC they are $860. But the bolt bodies themselves and parts individually are the same for the MC and SR.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Who makes that suppressor cover? Thoughts on it?

Liberty's Defense.

Honestly, I never owned a cover until 2020. I bought one these to try out, then I ordered 7 or 8 more. It's made of all sorts of mineral and rock so it won't melt on you, and it locks up tight.

I'm a believer in this brand, but I'm bias.

Reactions: RS14 and tex68w
Liberty's Defense.

Honestly, I never owned a cover until 2020. I bought one these to try out, then I ordered 7 or 8 more. It's made of all sorts of mineral and rock so it won't melt on you, and it locks up tight.

I'm a believer in this brand, but I'm bias.

I like what I see and reviews are fantastic, the price is a bit alarming but I might give one a whirl for the Ultra 7 can.

For those curious what the AT NV Bridge with 20moa Rail weighs.

ChN4sCY.jpg

Reactions: Defender3

The Spuhr mount finally delivered this week but I'm still expecting a few more things. I've decided to sell the B25 and MPA mount. The USO is an incredible optic but it's frankly too much glass for this feeble old man.

Last edited:
Serious question guys. I haven't ever shot 338LM and the AXMC came with the factory barrel and bolt, so set up to send those downrange. I know the fundamentals are key for bigger stuff and have been working one that with my AX and now the MC. What factory ammo has performed best for you guys out of the factory barrels? With ammo prices so high, and being in this fucktard state, I don't want to buy the wrong stuff.
What are your ammo suggestions for factory 338LM 27" factory barrel?
Thank you in advance and stay safe.
Tack

Serious question guys. I haven't ever shot 338LM and the AXMC came with the factory barrel and bolt, so set up to send those downrange. I know the fundamentals are key for bigger stuff and have been working one that with my AX and now the MC. What factory ammo has performed best for you guys out of the factory barrels? With ammo prices so high, and being in this fucktard state, I don't want to buy the wrong stuff.
Tack
I've had good luck with the factory Lapua 250 gr SCENAR.

Tack
LAPUA 250 scenar or RUAG 250 target , mine holds .5 moa @ 1000 yards with either