• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Just scooped up a few barrel off bore guides from @pfl338 and actually looking forward to cleaning a few barrels this evening
Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 5.57.01 PM.png

FBB8E66B-5226-4A03-BD99-5974CBA8C68F.jpeg

So there I was…in the desert…finally getting to take the AXSR out after waiting years to feel the sweet snuggle nudge of recoil…and I look down after less than 30 rounds through a brand new rifle to see this.

About 15rds in I noticed the retaining pin was out of place just a smidge so I pushed it back in. I shoot a few more…When I go to transition (#ZimZerZoom) to standing, I look down as I reach for it and see this.

Anyone else with an AXSR stock run into this? I just slapped some duct tape on it and secured the parts in a pouch, but was curious.

This comes after a 308 mag being out of spec, which MH took care of with a replacement in like two days.

#Yay

View attachment 8027070
So there I was…in the desert…finally getting to take the AXSR out after waiting years to feel the sweet snuggle nudge of recoil…and I look down after less than 30 rounds through a brand new rifle to see this.

About 15rds in I noticed the retaining pin was out of place just a smidge so I pushed it back in. I shoot a few more…When I go to transition (#ZimZerZoom) to standing, I look down as I reach for it and see this.

Anyone else with an AXSR stock run into this? I just slapped some duct tape on it and secured the parts in a pouch, but was curious.

This comes after a 308 mag being out of spec, which MH took care of with a replacement in like two days.

#Yay
Actually, yeah - mine slipped this week with the sling fitted, it was finger tight. Hasn't happened before.

It can't be too tight or you can't adjust it, if it's too loose it could slip apart like yours.

I'd say man, adjust it to where you want it to be length / height wise then snug the bolts right up. You won't be able to cam-over the lever then, but they'll stay tight longer.

Actually, yeah - mine slipped this week with the sling fitted, it was finger tight. Hasn't happened before.

It can't be too tight or you can't adjust it, if it's too loose it could slip apart like yours.

I'd say man, adjust it to where you want it to be length / height wise then snug the bolts right up. You won't be able to cam-over the lever then, but they'll stay tight longer.
Oh yea both of those bolts were a bit loose so I snugged them down just right but this was actually the retaining pin for the release lever. The little (non-adjustable) retention pin that the lock release pivots on in order to unlock the latch. [pin is the little black piece next to the rear bag]

Any one shot Berger 185 hybrid in .308 1-10 t on the AI? If so, what kind of velocity we’re you getting?

View attachment 8027070

#Yay

#seemssolid
#itsasystem
#axmcftw
#3positionsafety4life

That sucks man sure they will get that fixed.

When you're a old tech, that amount of bolts, and parts is very minor compared to when you are taking apart a car or truck. Only hard part is the mag catch, since I needed a 3rd hand to tap down the roll pin. Surprisingly, it's actually a very easy gun to take apart.

Reactions: Huskydriver
We not geared for this in NC
10 degrees here in VA by Quantico. We usually don't get this cold until late January. It will pass in a couple days and we're supposed to be back in the 40's next week. Ranges will be closed until Jan 7th, so I have plenty of free time on the weekends.

Reactions: CHEYTAC
Have you ever tried just...idk... not being wrong?
Tbh I’ve actually thought about spending a year attempting to learn to shoot bolt guns right handed, but fuck that’s just a lot of work when EVERYONE else makes lefty bolt guns. I run impact actions for PRS and a defiance for a hunting rig.

I just want them to import some LH models :(

Tbh I’ve actually thought about spending a year attempting to learn to shoot bolt guns right handed, but fuck that’s just a lot of work when EVERYONE else makes lefty bolt guns. I run impact actions for PRS and a defiance for a hunting rig.

I have 2 of them an AT and an MC.

They will import some but be prepared to jump on them when they’re available. They go fast

Are you left eye dominant or left hand? If left I then I completely understand but it might be worth picking up a really cheap 22lr and trying to get used to a right handed gun if it's just a hand preference.

So I don't have to sort through dozens of pages, can someone make my life easy.

How much is the bug holes 233 conversion and what all is needed for me to get it done? Also, for someone like me who machines his own barrels is there a spec or print for me to cut or do I have to do bugholes? Or is someone willing to send me theirs to get measurements.

From what I've heard from a guy that has it, you’re looking at 2k-2.5k. The rest, I have no idea. You also have to source your own bolt for the conversion iirc.

@trophyhunter

@Bugholes

How much is the bug holes 233 conversion and what all is needed for me to get it done? Also, for someone like me who machines his own barrels is there a spec or print for me to cut or do I have to do bugholes? Or is someone willing to send me theirs to get measurements.
PM sent

the bolts are hard to come by, this is the current bottleneck. Bolt head installed on your bolt $275, installed on a bolt I provide is over $1k as a new bolt (with fire control) is 800 or so. The tenon is non standard geometry, so it would be better if we did the barrel. There’s a cone feature on the breech face

the bolts are hard to come by, this is the current bottleneck. Bolt head installed on your bolt $275, installed on a bolt I provide is over $1k as a new bolt (with fire control) is 800 or so. The tenon is non standard geometry, so it would be better if we did the barrel. There’s a cone feature on the breech face
Thank you for that!

Any of the 6.5 shooters on here finding the same inconsistency issues as me with Hornady 140 eldms of late?

I buy one lot number and it’s a one hole .3- .5 moa max shooter. The next lot of ammo is barely moa. This is through my AX.

Any of the 6.5 shooters on here finding the same inconsistency issues as me with Hornady 140 eldms of late?

I buy one lot number and it’s a one hole .3- .5 moa max shooter. The next lot of ammo is barely moa. This is through my AX.
Yes, I've experienced this with their 140 ELDMs and 6CM 108 ELDMs - some lots were great, some were terrible.

I haven’t seen the accuracy change wildly like that. But I have seen the bearing surface change enough to affect velocity. I have an old lot that was 2725fps and new lot is 2770fps with everything else reloading being equal.

Reactions: Nik H

I had a couple lots during covid with 90+ FPS ES

ETA: the 140gr ELD-Match factory hornady ammo, not just the bullets.

Last edited: