• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Referring strictly to value for money, what does an AI offer in terms of reliability over a Tikka or Howa?
What metric are you using to determine "value for money"? Reliability in what conditions? There are alot of questions you aren't asking or even answering from people mate. Now you are going and calling people names too. Just not necessary at all. You can't expect to come onto this particular thread and attempt to smash AI rifles without any actual explanation or experience. It is ok to no own an AI or even be able to afford one. There is a rifle for everyone and their uses or hip pocket. You are providing zero value to the thread.

Reactions: Sleeman
6BC7C772-55DF-40F8-8DAA-7FF0DE283705.jpeg
I like my AI…

First gen AT-X
ATACR 7-35 Tremor3
Proof pre-fit .308 20”

I had a Tikka. I now have an AI.

As with everything, the more expensive it becomes the more marginal the gains.

But in my opinion easily worth the money.
I've no problem with someone owning an AI just because they want an AI but, aside from just being "what you want" how is it "easily worth the money" in comparison to the Tikka. What does the AI do that the Tikka didn't?

I've no problem with someone owning an AI just because they want an AI but, aside from just being "what you want" how is it "easily worth the money" in comparison to the Tikka. What does the AI do that the Tikka didn't?
Pretty sure this has never happened to an AI under any use let alone home use.

download (3).jpeg

Reactions: BCX
View attachment 8034496
Of course not..................much much worse, especially for the price they're asking.
That's some high grade design & engineering right there.
One anomaly mate. That's the only AI I have ever seen that happen too. It was on this thread too. I've seen countless tikkas and remingtons etc break.

We haven't gotten down to the cause of your issues though. Still no statistically relevant data from you.

What is your personal experience with AI rifles? Answering this simple question may give you a small amount of credibility.

One anomaly mate. That's the only AI I have ever seen that happen too. It was on this thread too. I've seen countless tikkas and remingtons etc break.

We haven't gotten down to the cause of your issues though. Still no statistically relevant data from you.

What is your personal experience with AI rifles? Answering this simple question may give you a small amount of credibility.
No issues, just that they're 10 K & do nothing better than any other good quality rifle for a third the price.
Just want someone to tell me what an AI does that any other rifle can't do?
I've read this entire thread & I'm not suitably impressed.
AI's are no worse than other rifles but, they're no better either.
So if accuracy & reliability are comparable, why pay so much for a rifle with no practical distinguishing features?

Do I own an AI , no . Own tikka. I see no 3rd party making a replacement bolt for the AI you do the tikka. You come on the AI thread to just start shit nothing more. Post a picture of a broken bolt handle with no back story…..

No issues, just that they're 10 K & do nothing better than any other good quality rifle for a third the price.
Just want someone to tell me what an AI does that any other rifle can't do?
I've read this entire thread & I'm not suitably impressed.
AI's are no worse than other rifles but, they're no better either.
So if accuracy & reliability are comparable, why pay so much for a rifle with no practical distinguishing features?
First of all thank you for answering my question.

There are plenty of others on this thread with similar or more experience levels to me on this but here goes.

• I've been at matches in the mud and rain where other rifles a third of the price have simply stopped working. Failure to fire all over the line. This includes high end custom guns. The guys (including myself) running AI rifles just kept on going.
  • Quick change barrel ability with repeatable return to zero.
  • Multiple cartridges in one system with change over in less than 2 minutes by the user in the field or at the range with no special tools.
  • For military and LEO units they don't have to lose their rifle for months on end to get a new barrel.
  • For civilians you don't lose your rifle for weeks or months on end to get a new barrel.
  • Prefit barrels on the shelf which most good barrel manufactures can spin up. (no bloody barrel extension to deal with unlike some others)
  • Arguably the best magazines on the market for any rifle system. Everybody else uses them or has copied them.
  • Modularity.
  • They have passed stringent controls and tests for military deployments. (including dust and ice testing)
  • Designed from the outset to be the best.
  • AI keyslot has been proven again and again to be the strongest attachment system.
  • 1 rifle can replace 5 or 6 in your safe (if not more). You can't shoot them all at the same time. I have the 308, 300 and 338 bolts for my AXSR. That's quite a versatile package. It has actually saved me money. Go figure.
  • The AI trigger (standard) is pretty much perfect for a hard use rifle. The competition trigger did have some teething issues granted. That seems to be resolved. I personally have had zero issues with any of my competition triggers.
I personally wasted many years with inferior rifle systems and custom guns. They all gave me some sort of issue over and over again.
Out of all the bolt guns in my safe the AI's see the most use. They do everything i want and more.
To me and many others on here, the extra money is definitely worth it.

There are plenty of others on this thread with similar or more experience levels to me on this but here goes.

• I've been at matches in the mud and rain where other rifles a third of the price have simply stopped working. Failure to fire all over the line. This includes high end custom guns. The guys (including myself) running AI rifles just kept on going.
  • Multiple cartridges in one system with change over in less than 2 minutes by the user in the field or at the range with no special tools.
  • For military and LEO units they don't have to lose their rifle for months on end to get a new barrel.
  • For civilians you don't lose your rifle for weeks or months on end to get a new barrel.
  • Prefit barrels on the shelf which most good barrel manufactures can spin up. (no bloody barrel extension to deal with unlike some others)
  • Arguably the best magazines on the market for any rifle system. Everybody else uses them or has copied them.
  • Modularity.
  • They have passed stringent controls and tests for military deployments. (including dust and ice testing)
  • AI keyslot has been proven again and again to be the strongest attachment system.
  • 1 rifle can replace 5 or 6 in your safe (if not more). You can't shoot them all at the same time. I have the 308, 300 and 338 bolts for my AXSR. That's quite a versatile package. It has actually saved me money. Go figure.
  • The AI trigger (standard) is pretty much perfect for a hard use rifle. The competition trigger did have some teething issues granted. That seems to be resolved. I personally have had zero issues with any of my competition triggers.
I personally wasted many years with inferior rifle systems and custom guns. They all gave me some sort of issue over and over again.
Out of all the bolt guns in my safe the AI's see the most use. They do everything i want and more.
Well said!!! If you KNOW you KNOW and a person will not KNOW until they own one.

Guy who doesn’t own an AI. Jumps on an AI thread to give his detailed opinion on what he hasn’t or doesn’t own. Likely googles a broken bolt pic although he knows absolutely nothing about that incident just posts like it’s his experience

Savage = Just As Good
GBPSE

I don't why it's so difficult to just admit that the rifle is grossly over priced, does essentially nothing better than any other quality PRS style rifle & doesn't even have good ergonomics but, you just want an AI.

• Modularity.
Finally a sensible answer. (not aimed at you PrecisionRifleGuy)
Aside from your 1st point, you have a reasonable argument. Just as there were some rifles which didn't function, there are plenty 1/3 the price that do.
The quick change barrel system is unquestionably a luxury that very few guys can practically justify the necessity of.
Shouldered barrels are no problem to swap & take but a few minutes if necessary in the field which, for the vast majority of shooters, it isn't.
Multiple cartridges in one system, most of which the average shooter has no need of or propensity for.
Key slot system is very good but, totally unnecessary for most shooters.
1 rifle can replace 5 or 6, yes, but so can many other custom rifles which utilize a floating bolt head which, is all that's really necessary, less weight, far less expense for the customer & has been tried & proven for decades.
AI triggers are an interesting subject. Not withstanding that the rifles are confined & thus relegated to the proprietary trigger system, I find it truly remarkable that a rifle company supplying new trigger systems would allow those designs to reach their customers with the faults they had.
Although this situation is not unique to AI, I find it remarkable when the price of both the rifle & triggers are considered in perspective.

For the record, about 5 years ago, I was all set to order an AI. After speaking with only one guy on the phone & hearing one opinion, aside from the usual fan boy antics & BS, I decided to seek a few more opinions by visiting some websites & PM some owners & in particular previous owners who, were all quite willing to answer my questions.
To cut a long story, I decided against the AI, not because they were inferior or had any issues worth noting or over & above any other brand of rifle. I decided against an AI because, for the average guy, shooting normal stuff, I simply couldn't justify the absurd price when compared to other rifles while keeping a firm grip of what a rifle actually does & is expected to do as opposed to all the fancy but absolutely unnecessary tricks the AI could do.
Since the proof is in the eating, why don't we see AI rifles with far higher representation in PRS when many of the competitors rifles are bumping the cost of an AI?
I've read many opinions on this question from top PRS competitors & although their comments are diplomatic, they certainly do carry weight which causes some pause with those who are more discerning than some others.
When we consider the fact that the vast majority of competitive shooters don't seem to be at all disadvantaged by not utilizing best of the best, I think the reality is obvious. AI rifles do nothing of significance better than any other quality competition rifle.
I don't at all regret my decision because there's one thing I hate more than anything &, that is paying for a reputation with no real world justification. Most of know that as being ripped off & would definitely have been ripped off.
I would have happily paid 6k or maybe even 7K but 10k,.......leave it to the suckers Jack.

I would have happily paid 6k or maybe even 7K but 10k,.......leave it to the suckers Jack.
The ATX geared towards prs is in your price range. $5250. Unless you want to run long action you don’t need to spend $10k. Many of us don’t shoot prs but I doubt many prs guys are running big cartridges vs 6 or 6.5

I don't why it's so difficult to just admit that the rifle is grossly over priced, does essentially nothing better than any other quality PRS style rifle & doesn't even have good ergonomics but, you just want an AI.

Finally a sensible answer. (not aimed at you PrecisionRifleGuy)
Aside from your 1st point, you have a reasonable argument. Just as there were some rifles which didn't function, there are plenty 1/3 the price that do.
The quick change barrel system is unquestionably a luxury that very few guys can practically justify the necessity of.
Shouldered barrels are no problem to swap & take but a few minutes if necessary in the field which, for the vast majority of shooters, it isn't.
Multiple cartridges in one system, most of which the average shooter has no need of or propensity for.
Key slot system is very good but, totally unnecessary for most shooters.
1 rifle can replace 5 or 6, yes, but so can many other custom rifles which utilize a floating bolt head which, is all that's really necessary, less weight, far less expense for the customer & has been tried & proven for decades.
AI triggers are an interesting subject. Not withstanding that the rifles are confined & thus relegated to the proprietary trigger system, I find it truly remarkable that a rifle company supplying new trigger systems would allow those designs to reach their customers with the faults they had.
Although this situation is not unique to AI, I find it remarkable when the price of both the rifle & triggers are considered in perspective.

For the record, about 5 years ago, I was all set to order an AI. After speaking with only one guy on the phone & hearing one opinion, aside from the usual fan boy antics & BS, I decided to seek a few more opinions by visiting some websites & PM some owners & in particular previous owners who, were all quite willing to answer my questions.
To cut a long story, I decided against the AI, not because they were inferior or had any issues worth noting or over & above any other brand of rifle. I decided against an AI because, for the average guy, shooting normal stuff, I simply couldn't justify the absurd price when compared to other rifles while keeping a firm grip of what a rifle actually does & is expected to do as opposed to all the fancy but absolutely unnecessary tricks the AI could do.
Since the proof is in the eating, why don't we see AI rifles with far higher representation in PRS when many of the competitors rifles are bumping the cost of an AI?
I've read many opinions on this question from top PRS competitors & although their comments are diplomatic, they certainly do carry weight which causes some pause with those who are more discerning than some others.
When we consider the fact that the vast majority of competitive shooters don't seem to be at all disadvantaged by not utilizing best of the best, I think the reality is obvious. AI rifles do nothing of significance better than any other quality competition rifle.
I don't at all regret my decision because there's one thing I hate more than anything &, that is paying for a reputation with no real world justification. Most of know that as being ripped off & would definitely have been ripped off.

Sounds like your 'barel' hasn't been stroked enough.

Reactions: blbennett1288
The ATX geared towards prs is in your price range. $5250. Unless you want to run long action you don’t need to spend $10k. Many of us don’t shoot prs but I doubt many prs guys are running big cartridges vs 6 or 6.5

The cartridge choice of AI was one of my initial issues.
And no, those ATX's are north of $8400 in AUS buy the time you pay for shipping & any "accessories".
Besides & as I've said, they are no practical, useful advantage over what I have now.

• Haha
Reactions: CoriolisEffect
Price is purely subjective, and depends on the individual. We all have our reasons for owning certain products; however, when you come here to insult others and their choices to justify your own decisions or lack thereof, this is where you have no merit to stand on, and any argument you try to create will be discarded.
Go somewhere else, where your opinions can be valued by people less intelligent than you.

Price is purely subjective, and depends on the individual. We all have our reasons for owning certain products; however, when you come here to insult others and their choices to justify your own decisions or lack thereof, this is where you have no merit to stand on, and any argument you try to create will be discarded.
Go somewhere else, where your opinions can be valued by people less intelligent than you.
Price is subjective when the seller realizes the buyer don't know shit.
Price becomes objective when the buyer is educated & knows his shit.
Seems as though I didn't have to go anywhere Afterall.

So what do you run?

So what do you run?
A Howa 1500 which I bought as an interim rifle while I decided which custom action I would build upon.
The damn thing was so reliable & accurate that I questioned why I should bother to spend so much more on a custom.
After about 12 months, I bought an MDT ACC, a truck axel 308 barrel & a better scope than I had & I've never looked back.
To date, it owes about 4K which is I find reasonable & it performs flawlessly in every dusty filthy condition I've shot in. I've put around 3K rounds through it without a single failure to feed or extract & it puts 10 shot groups inside 1 moa every time I test it.
In all honesty, what could an AI give me I don't already have?

Why are y’all wasting your time on this fudd? Clearly here to start shit.
So we can use fun memes and make fun of dumb poor people.
A Howa 1500 which I bought as an interim rifle while I decided which custom action I would build upon.
The damn thing was so reliable & accurate that I questioned why I should bother to spend so much more on a custom.
After about 12 months, I bought an MDT ACC, a truck axel 308 barrel & a better scope than I had & I've never looked back.
To date, it owes about 4K which is I find reasonable & it performs flawlessly in every dusty filthy condition I've shot in. I've put around 3K rounds through it without a single failure to feed or extract & it puts 10 shot groups inside 1 moa every time I test it.
1672504405067.png

Last edited:
Fellow AI owners. What this boils down to is @Barelstroker has zero real world experience with AI rifles and by his own admission has fired very few rounds through his Howa. His experience in shooting overall appears to be very limited as well. A statistic of one in reality is a statistic of none. He has zero conclusive experience from which to draw from. Zero personal data either. His opinion is worth exactly what we paid for it.

NOTHING.

Let's get this back on track.
20220423_143129.jpg

Here is my two current AI rifles which are actually used in competition and hunting regularly. They are both vastly superior to many other rifles I have owned and shot in my time.

Post more pictures lads.

I dont think you know the difference between subjective and objective, and if you do youre using them incorrectly, your examples are still both subjective. Seriously though, go away bogan.

20221110-221946.jpg

You know you can say that about everything in life. Corvette or Ferrari? They do the same thing but who wouldn’t rather have a Ferrari if given the choice? Same with handguns. I shoot mainly 2011s and all of mine cost more than 4K. I like the way they shoot and I enjoy them. On to the AI, they are robust and I have never had a single issue after owning two of them (AXMC/AX308). They shoot 0.5 MOA with the right shooter all day long. The magazines are the best bolt action mags I have ever used and practically everyone uses them for their custom builds. They are over built for us every day shooters but they are widely used and trusted by the military. I haven’t shot any custom guns but I have shot plenty of Tikkas, Remingtons and Howas. Tikkas are nice but the howas are lacking.
X-Ring did a video on a Howa a few years ago and gives an honest review. I subscribe to the buy once and cry once philosophy and I chose to buy an AI. Never once have I regretted it. It’s accurate, robust, and puts a smile on my face every time I take it out to shoot. And I regularly shoot between my 300 win mag and 6.5 Creedmoor so the quick change barrel system is a great feature to have.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rhed and JonKleman
To contribute to getting this back on track, I decided to look up how exactly I was first introduced to AI. It was back in 2001 towards the beginning of high school as a fledgling "gamer" wannabe, with the newly released Ghost Recon on PC which featured the L96A1. The thumbhole design was unlike any rifle I had ever seen before and I was hooked. Any FPS title I got into after that which had some form of AI in it, that was what I used, even if it wasn't the "best" sniper rifle in the game. Now, I'm fortunate enough to have an AT with the throwback thumbhole skins. I'd be curious to know how/where/when others in this thread were first introduced to the brand.:)

Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 12.33.36 PM.png

Last edited:
To contribute to getting this back on track, I decided to look up how exactly I was first introduced to AI. It was back in 2001 towards the beginning of high school as a fledgling "gamer" wannabe, with the newly released Ghost Recon on PC which featured the L96A1. The thumbhole design was unlike any rifle I had ever seen before and I was hooked. Any FPS title I got into after that which had some form of AI in it, that was what I used, even if it wasn't the best "sniper rifle" in the game. Now, I'm fortunate enough to have an AT with the correct thumbhole skins as God intended. I'd be curious to know how/where/when others in this thread were first introduced to the brand.:)

View attachment 8034753
Pretty sure i first saw it on the old History Channel when they had a series that went into different rifles and some of their design features. I remember them covering the AWM and AW and that was it for me. Never thought I'd own one and here I am with my second AI being an AT with thumb holes and a s&b. I want more now.

To contribute to getting this back on track, I decided to look up how exactly I was first introduced to AI. It was back in 2001 towards the beginning of high school as a fledgling "gamer" wannabe, with the newly released Ghost Recon on PC which featured the L96A1. The thumbhole design was unlike any rifle I had ever seen before and I was hooked. Any FPS title I got into after that which had some form of AI in it, that was what I used, even if it wasn't the best "sniper rifle" in the game. Now, I'm fortunate enough to have an AT with the correct thumbhole skins as God intended. I'd be curious to know how/where/when others in this thread were first introduced to the brand.:)

View attachment 8034753
It was CounterStrike for me (which I also blame for my HK USP Tactical 45 purchase as well).

Never did get an AWM, but I now have an AXSR so I guess that will do 😂