• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

I dont think I posted this yet but I'm enjoying shooting the .223 barrel on this gun.

20230102_160635.jpg

Yes...

Is this one of those things that as AI owners we call a feature not a bug

I mean the ai has a pretty heavy firing pin spring weight intentionally probably several lbs heavier I bet than your Tikka but it shouldnt be so hard you can't open it with a bladed hand. 800 rounds is nothing honestly but if you think there is an issue ai will def look at it.

I mean the ai has a pretty heavy firing pin spring weight intentionally probably several lbs heavier I bet than your Tikka but it shouldnt be so hard you can't open it with a bladed hand. 800 rounds is nothing honestly but if you think there is an issue ai will def look at it.
Oh no I can open it with a bladed hand just fine. It was just one of those things that I thought might need breaking in a bit.. and it doesn't seem to be

Oh no I can open it with a bladed hand just fine. It was just one of those things that I thought might need breaking in a bit.. and it doesn't seem to be

pull the firing pin assembly out of the bolt, lightly grease the shank and lugs above the firing pin spring with some ceramic brake lube (or whatever lube you choose) and youre bolt manipulation will lighten up greatly.

Reactions: JayjayUK
I have only really noticed heavier lifts on the newer AIs. My old ass AW and MC is pretty smooth on the lift and isn't that heavy at all. Neither are all the other AWMs and 14-15 AXs I have played with. Have shot several of the newer AXT and ATs and thought they were considerably heavier.

Anyone else's AT really stiff on the bolt lift?

It feels stiffer than my old Tikka and I thought it's just be a case of it breaking in a bit.. but I've fired 800 rounds through it now and it's still stiff..

When I was a young teenager, the cute neighbor lady told me that real stiff was an asset.

• Haha
Reactions: Krob95
All these years.. turns out I just had the definition of smooth wrong all along
I think some here have waxed a bit too poetic about the AI bolt throw. It’s ok. To its credit, mine does feel like a bank vault closing. Back and forth is smooth. Opening…eh.

My Rem 700, Tikkas, and especially one Bergara were much lighter. Dare I say that, comparatively, if that one Bergara was like shifting a nice “snick-snick” sports car, opening (not closing) my AI bolt feels more akin to a 4x4 transfer case shift linkage? Needs a little oomph.

Maybe it’s just my AI, but I’ve read others have the same experience. And I get the reasons, I’m not complaining, heavy-duty, 60° throw, etc etc.

Last edited:
🤤. Congrats. Is that ASR?
Ha, keen eye my friend. Yep it's ASR!

How did it actually shoot…I found my AX doesn’t really love the 140’s all that much, but sure does love the 147’s.
Shot 60 rounds of the Berger and 60 of the Hornady. The Hornady was lights out same ragged hole. The Berger on the other hand was a bit inconsistent. I thought it was me but the Hornady shot amazing. I haven't tried 147s.

Ha, keen eye my friend. Yep it's ASR!

Shot 60 rounds of the Berger and 60 of the Hornady. The Hornady was lights out same ragged hole. The Berger on the other hand was a bit inconsistent. I thought it was me but the Hornady shot amazing. I haven't tried 147s.
I have really good outcomes with the Hornady 140. I also have recently tried FGMM using the 130 Berger bullet and it is also lights out in terms of accuracy and consistency.

Get em while they are hot boys

So, AW's seem to be harder to find currently. I've run across a 97 year production, non folding, with what appears to be the original, fluted barrel. I'm seriously considering the purchase.

Pretty much like new, very possibly under 100 rounds fired. Excellent shape skins and has an AI dovetail scope mount included.

Anyone have any idea what fair market value would be? It seems like a hard item to price currently.

So, AW's seem to be harder to find currently. I've run across a 97 year production, non folding, with what appears to be the original, fluted barrel. I'm seriously considering the purchase.

Pretty much like new, very possibly under 100 rounds fired. Excellent shape skins and has an AI dovetail scope mount included.

Anyone have any idea what fair market value would be? It seems like a hard item to price currently.
It's truly a sellers market on the AW line of rifles. If it's a AWM/AWSM newish rifles have been going for around 8-10K. Short action AW, 5-6K wouldn't be unheard of. I have only seen a couple come up for sale in the past year or so. IMO they are the best rifles AI has ever made.

I have really good outcomes with the Hornady 140. I also have recently tried FGMM using the 130 Berger bullet and it is also lights out in terms of accuracy and consistency.
This is all so interesting to me. I seemed to have got the most picky ass 6.5 AI barrel.

It hates anything less than 140. It seems to be inconsistent with the 140’s. However it loves the norma 143’s and the 147 eld-m’s.

Have no idea why my barre only seems to like heavy 6.5 loads.

If its a welded chassis, that can be worth more to a collector because there was less made. I forget what year they went to the bonded chassis. Also if you have the aluminum transport case that adds alot of value

This is all so interesting to me. I seemed to have got the most picky ass 6.5 AI barrel.

It hates anything less than 140. It seems to be inconsistent with the 140’s. However it loves the norma 143’s and the 147 eld-m’s.

Have no idea why my barre only seems to like heavy 6.5 loads.
What kind of barrel?

Wish I could say that with my 1:8. With the FGMM 130 gr Berger load it’s a 2 moa gun.
10 shot group using FGMM with the 130 grain Berger bullet

Ballistic-X-Export-2022-09-18 13:40:20.450976.jpg

I don't believe it is twist rate related but not sure. I would think it would be the reamer used to create the chamber. My barrel was done by Dave Tooley. I have another one on my AT that the late Robert Gradous chambered for me and it is also a hammer

10 shot group using FGMM with the 130 grain Berger bullet

View attachment 8078563

I don't believe it is twist rate related but not sure. I would think it would be the reamer used to create the chamber. My barrel was done by Dave Tooley. I have another one on my AT that the late Robert Gradous chambered for me and it is also a hammer
Count me as Jelly. Wish this barrel shot that well.

Again I can’t complain too much because I can get the same result as above with heavier bullets, just wish it liked the lighter stuff as well.

Reactions: Nik H