• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

My crappy range, first day out in a while... busy, busy.....

Nice spring day, about 60 degrees, windy though. Warmed up the rifle on the tripod, then first group on paper from the bench. Wish I could shoot like this from the tripod too!

308, 168 SMK

20230326_151449.jpg

20230326_151459.jpg

20230326_151523.jpg

Ballistic-X-Export-2023-03-26 17_02_34.357677.jpg

View attachment 8104191

Decided to do an inventory because I reached into my ammo stash and pulled out a 20" 338LM barrel that I completely forgot I even had.
Apparently I have a pattern when buying barrels: A shorty and a long boi.
Two by two, hands of blue...
26" 308
16" 308
26" 300WM
20" 300WM
27" 338LM
20" 338LM
26" 6.5CM
24" 6.5CM (which I bought because the lead time on the 26" barrel was supposed to be 5 weeks and 4 months later I hadn't gotten it)

and now I know I need more SR brakes
How many of those barrels do you actually use?
And how do you handle the different scope zeros for each one?

Reactions: LakuNoc
How many of those barrels do you actually use?
And how do you handle the different scope zeros for each one?
Depends on the goal of the moment. But I have shot them all except the 20" 338 which, like I said, I kind of forgot that I had. I was going to fix that this weekend but I had some family stuff come up and couldn't shoot it.

As far as different zeros, I did take a day in January and swap through several of them to record the offsets. Each of my barrels has its' own dope book and the zero is recorded there. Elevation is relative to where the scope bottoms out, eg "73 clicks from bottom" etc. Windage is similar but you gotta be careful not to jack up the internals.

Once I get the rest of my data together I'll have a better system but for now I just picked the 26" 308 as my zero barrel and everything else gets offsets put in to the kestrel profiles. By the way, the difference in elevation between the 308 and the 338 is 2.7mils, which was surprising.
IMG_5746.JPG

Nice setup and hits at that range!

How big was the target? And how was the wind?
Regards
Thank You!
24x24 target wind was Left to right 8mph. Im excited i have 30 inch barrel coming. This ia factory one only 27”.
Hell of a range!
Thank You
Range is great. Will be testing 33xc hopefully soon at 3400 yards there.

Reactions: 800mZero
Couldn't find the Vision thread, thought this would be close enough. Vision chassis, Impact action, 20" Straight Jacket Armory barrel, Bix'n'Andy Tacsport Pro trigger, ZCO 5-27, and waiting for the Area 419 brake...

IMG_7314.jpg

Couldn't find the Vision thread, thought this would be close enough. Vision chassis, Impact action, 20" Straight Jacket Armory barrel, Bix'n'Andy Tacsport Pro trigger, ZCO 5-27, and waiting for the Area 419 brake...

View attachment 8107272

Get that riff raff bush league outta here ....

Real vision chassis below......

20230317_114622.jpg

View attachment 8107272
I think this is what you’re looking for 😎

Right... how do i get one of these in the UK? My want has become and intense urge to immediately purchase lol

Same place your vision probably came from 🤣

Although I must say, given current U.K. pricing you would be better off just ponying up and buying a new AT-X. Secondhand AT’s are £3k before you add the cost of the AO stock.

Wash your mouth out.
I beg your pardon?

A new AT-X can be had for £4k. Although nice as the AO chassis is it makes economical sense to buy the factory rifle in its standard form, factory fresh with a new barrel. U.K. prices are crazy.

Unless you don't want a questionable trigger.
I was all set to buy an AT-X as I thought the comp trigger issues were all from people adjusting them too low but the latest few posts on the issue suggest that's not the case. I want to buy an AI "partly" due to it being reliable, the comp trigger sounds like it's a liability.

In the UK it's cheaper to buy an AT-X rather than an AT/AX and add the AO forend but if you have to buy a factory trigger as a spare then the AT+AO looks like the better deal.

Unless you don't want a questionable trigger.

I know two people with AT-X in the U.K. and neither have suffered this reported issue.

I’m just on the fence to off load my AX in order to replace with the AT-X. Sometimes it’s better the devil you know. But one things for sure, AI’s are a peg above the rest.

Reactions: Heffo
I know two people with AT-X in the U.K. and neither have suffered this reported issue.

I’m just on the fence to off load my AX in order to replace with the AT-X. Sometimes it’s better the devil you know. But one things for sure, AI’s are a peg above the rest.
I’m sure they shoot a lot…. They’ve probably only passed the drop test…

Yeah, well, I mock you're flat ass beer and noble history of losing to the British while we won. Try a hefeweizen and tell me a scottish beer isn't something made in someone's shed.

Sorry pal, I maybe named after the egg covered in sausage meat and breadcrumbs then deep fried but my birth was south of Hadrian’s wall. My first Sgt is to blame for the name. After 20 years it’s kinda hard to shift.

You can keep your Wheat beer, makes me shite through the eye of a needle. Although a couple of cans of Tennents Super really do steady the crosshairs and after the first mouthful you don’t notice the lack of bubbles 😜

Ah you lads have cheered me right up after coming on in the early hours U.K. time with pain induced insomnia after being run over on duty.

I beg your pardon?

A new AT-X can be had for £4k. Although nice as the AO chassis is it makes economical sense to buy the factory rifle in its standard form, factory fresh with a new barrel. U.K. prices are crazy.

Yeah but have you seen an MDT AT-X, ew.

I kid, I just have a soft spot for thumbhole ATs with the Vision chassis.

Reactions: Scotch_egg
Yeah, well, I mock you're flat ass beer and noble history of losing to the British while we won. Try a hefeweizen and tell me a scottish beer isn't something made in someone's shed.
From what wheat beer I’ve tried its bloody awful, I’ll be travelling to the US in a few months so willing to give it another go, any recommendations?

If you want to save money, don't buy an AI. 🤷

I thought after 299 pages everyone knew what GBPSE meant.
Yeah I know AI and saving money doesn’t work in the same sentence, more pointing out the comp trigger issues makes the decision more difficult as if it weren’t a liability then the AT-X is the easy answer.

Yeah I know AI and saving money doesn’t work in the same sentence, more pointing out the comp trigger issues makes the decision more difficult as if it weren’t a liability then the AT-X is the easy answer.
If you do a little leg work you might be able to trade someone the atx trigger for the standard.

What are the issues with the comp trigger? Pretty sure that’s what came in my AXSR.