• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Possible AI Fraud Alert‼️

Forgive me if this is not the best place to post this, or if its already been covered. I searched briefly using “fraudulent AI website” and did not find anything in the forums.

The website in question is linked below. I spoke with a person from Accuracy International USA this morning and the spokesperson confirmed that the website is fraudulent, even stating that AI USA is taking legal action to resolve the issue.

When I said I was glad I did not order from this website, the spokesperson said they were too. When I asked if the products were genuine AI, they said they had no idea who the manufacturer was.

The website had some prices on an AI chassis I was interested in that was $700 cheaper than MileHigh, or Euro optics.

If anyone has more info on this, please advise.

mods: If this post needs to me moved for better dissemination, please move it.

This is a link to the webs in question.
https://accuracyinternationalusa.com

Possible AI Fraud Alert‼️

Forgive me if this is not the best place to post this, or if its already been covered. I searched briefly using “fraudulent AI website” and did not find anything in the forums.

The website in question is linked below. I spoke with a person from Accuracy International USA this morning and the spokesperson confirmed that the website is fraudulent, even stating that AI USA is taking legal action to resolve the issue.

When I said I was glad I did not order from this website, the spokesperson said they were too. When I asked if the products were genuine AI, they said they had no idea who the manufacturer was.

The website had some prices on an AI chassis I was interested in that was $700 cheaper than MileHigh, or Euro optics.

If anyone has more info on this, please advise.

mods: If this post needs to me moved for better dissemination, please move it.

This is a link to the webs in question.
https://accuracyinternationalusa.com
I believe this was brought up a while back but good info

I believe this was brought up a while back but good info
Dug a little deeper. Frank already covered it here:

On another note to keep with the threads intended theme…

Specs:
AX 6.5 Creedmore, Elite Sand
Zero Compromise
Really Right Stuff

75419F43-B8EC-4C14-9F7B-8603D2615C02.jpeg

AO sits lower than the standard AT though I assume?
The AO sits ~1” lower than an AT or AX, which makes a huge difference in stability and recoil management.

I don’t have an ATX to measure, but my rough math is it sits 0.2-0.25” lower than the AO. So it is better in that regard, but like others have said in actual use it likely doesn’t matter that much when comparing it directly to an AO.

The reason the ATX sits a little lower is because they’re able to relocate the rifle serial number to the 45deg angled face of the action. When I was designing the AO back in 2019 I realized I couldn’t have a bonded chassis where the side walls blocked the s/n so I had to make that concession and eat that 0.25” deeper I could have made it. I’d still rather have the bonded action but that’s just me.

6BFE96B5-6981-4689-ADC4-0BD8843AE44A.jpeg
D8E7CA19-BF8D-4F87-819B-B86D112A4B37.jpeg
D116BE84-8A33-4CDE-B1ED-0E62393E39A2.jpeg
B097F2C0-97F7-4770-9498-27E4407EF1EA.jpeg

The AO sits ~1” lower than an AT or AX, which makes a huge difference in stability and recoil management.

I don’t have an ATX to measure, but my rough math is it sits 0.2-0.25” lower than the AO. So it is better in that regard, but like others have said in actual use it likely doesn’t matter that much when comparing it directly to an AO.

The reason the ATX sits a little lower is because they’re able to relocate the rifle serial number to the 45deg angled face of the action. When I was designing the AO back in 2019 I realized I couldn’t have a bonded chassis where the side walls blocked the s/n so I had to make that concession and eat that 0.25” deeper I could have made it. I’d still rather have the bonded action but that’s just me.

View attachment 8122803View attachment 8122804View attachment 8122805View attachment 8122806
The other nice thing from my perspective is that you didn't forget us southpaws when you designed the AO

The other nice thing from my perspective is that you didn't forget us southpaws when you designed the AO
Ha, yeah the benefit of me shooting LH is that I was forced to make everything ambi on the AO chassis. I actually wanted to design it to have the cutout magwell and use AX mags like the AX and ATX use, but realized that having to make a LH and RH version of the chassis just didn't make financial sense. The secondary benefit of that is AW mags are cheaper and are really solidly protected from knocks, props and bags in the AO magwell. I was also able to make a really nice flared magwell aperture that is easier for reloads than the factory AT.

@samb300

I can't wait to get my hands on one! I've been speaking to Chris at Spartan Refinishing the UK Vision supplier and will be getting one after my next PRS Match 💪

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: samb300
20230415_140114.jpg

Finally got this thing out over the weekend!
Also, if I were to swap this setup into a vision or a AT-X chassis do they need to still be bonded? Being non quick change it would be a giant pain to swap barrels if you had to debond it each time. Can't use the new handguards either.

Reactions: JonKleman
View attachment 8123348
Also, if I were to swap this setup into a vision or a AT-X chassis do they need to still be bonded? Being non quick change it would be a giant pain to swap barrels if you had to debond it each time. Can't use the new handguards either.

Ao should be bonded but just use a release agent on the action too break it loose after the bonding cures. Then it's basically a bed job that you pop the action in and out of quickly and you just retorque the action screws

View attachment 8123348
It's recommended to bond the Vision chassis, but it's not required. Some guys choose not to, OR bond it with release agent and treat it like a typical bedding job. The atx isn't bonded.

Regardless, using the vision wouldn't require it to be un-bonded each time, but if you had barrels between 16-20" you would have very limited real estate to clamp the barrel into a vise. The forend is designed for 16.5" as the minimum length, so really you'd need an 18" barrel to have 2" of barrel in a vise.

Reactions: Josch13579
£1035 is what I've been quoted.
Ouch.

I know arguing about price when talking AI seems stupid but the Vision chassis price outside of the USA unfortunately means the AT-X is the far more cost effective option if you are looking at buying a new rifle.

Ouch.

I know arguing about price when talking AI seems stupid but the Vision chassis price outside of the USA unfortunately means the AT-X is the far more cost effective option if you are looking at buying a new rifle.

It does, but I've already got an AT so dropping that into the chassis would still likely be cheaper and less hassle than selling up and buying an AT-X.

Plus the AT-X doesn't look as good imo.

also with this adapter I could rebarrel in .223 or 6 br if I really wanted to since they don't have these options for the platform now.
Would be interested to know if you've had success with this in 6br...

Tracking, shooting an ATX in 6bra now. Looked like he is able to run 6br in an AXSR though....

Sure it's the same mag adapter for both the axsr/mc and the short action... All you would need is a barrel spun up

Last edited:
Would be interested to know if you've had success with this in 6br...
Im going to be scanning the chassis soon to get the hole positioned for the adapter and then I will let you know. I am happy to try and feed and extract anything I can get my hands on

Im going to be scanning the chassis soon to get the hole positioned for the adapter and then I will let you know. I am happy to try and feed and extract anything I can get my hands on

I'm confused what are you trying to do I missed something somewhere do you mind explaining?

I'm confused what are you trying to do I missed something somewhere do you mind explaining?
I have a MC magwell adapter that will accept standard AICS mags that I am going to be adapting to my SR so I can dabble in different calibers in that platform. I have 3d scanned and basically done a full reverse engineering of that bolt head so .223 isn't out of the question.

Reactions: mercracing
I have a MC magwell adapter that will accept standard AICS mags that I am going to be adapting to my SR so I can dabble in different calibers in that platform. I have 3d scanned and basically done a full reverse engineering of that bolt head so .223 isn't out of the question.

But why not just use a 308 axsr mag and just use an hrd kit for 6bra? Would assume something similar for 223?