• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Here is the AW in question. When I first got it I was surprised on freaking heavy it was even though it only had a 18" bbl. It was a former police or SWAT gun. It has a Surefire flash hider on it which is a suppressor host. Same suppressor on the militaries XM3 rifle. I may strip the camo off, the original color is black which seems uncommon for the Arctic Warfare line. When I got it the buttpud was extremely loose so Mile High are sending a replacement free of charge. It has a hole in the rear of the stock where I think a monopod was so I'm on the lookout for a bipod and monopod for it. I would go shoot it but it is -20 here with almost 2 feet of snow. Hey but if I do I could see if it lives up to the name.
Thanks for out bidding me on gunbroker bro:mad::whistle:

Just picked up the second AX that I purchased from the PX here... one is in 6.5 Creedmoor and the new one is wearing the 6 Dasher barrel from my AT. Damn things decided to mix and match some FDE and black parts when I wasn't looking.

Kicking myself for not ordering an AXMC while the Brownells 10% off coupon still worked for them... but I bought the second AX short action a few days before the word got out on the crazy good Brownells + Active Junky 14% off deal and I didn't feel like dropping that much money within a few days. Too late now, but maybe I can pick up an AXMC with a .300WM bolt for a good deal off the PX later this year and spin up a 300 PRC barrel for it. Elite Sand AXMC would be nice...

Does anyone know if the AINA location in VA is open to the public to tour or visit? I pass through that way quite often and would love to drop in.

Very cool. The coaster/targets have been part of a Instagram/Facebook group/photo competition for a hat... that you already have lol.

I got a super cool t-shirt from them when I called. Never even saw it advertised for sale when the site was running.

I actually posted a WTB ad in the PX and got a 2nd hat which was really nice since the first one is always getting worn

Just picked up the second AX that I purchased from the PX here... one is in 6.5 Creedmoor and the new one is wearing the 6 Dasher barrel from my AT. Damn things decided to mix and match some FDE and black parts when I wasn't looking.

View attachment 7038961

Kicking myself for not ordering an AXMC while the Brownells 10% off coupon still worked for them... but I bought the second AX short action a few days before the word got out on the crazy good Brownells + Active Junky 14% off deal and I didn't feel like dropping that much money within a few days. Too late now, but maybe I can pick up an AXMC with a .300WM bolt for a good deal off the PX later this year and spin up a 300 PRC barrel for it. Elite Sand AXMC would be nice...
It's still working. Just ordered .300 WM today

I went from a Savage 308 10 HS Precision to a Accuracy International AE MK 1, 8 years ago. I can't go back to anything less. But I am finally looking to move to an AT in 6.5 this year.

Thanks for out bidding me on gunbroker bro:mad::whistle:
Thanks for driving the price up(y):mad: But seriously hopefully they'll have some more soon for you, I kind of bought this on a whim and would much prefer an AWM

Where can I find a list of AI rifles that were/are fairly well available to the public?

Gonna start an AI collection ?

Where can I find a list of AI rifles that were/are fairly well available to the public?

Gonna start an AI collection ?

If my memory serves me correctly...

L118A1

AW 1.0/1.5 L96A1

AW 2.0 L118A1

AWM 1.0/1.5 L115A1

AWM 2.0 L115A3

AWP L96A1

AW50

AE

AE Mk III

AT

AX308

AX338

AX50

AX308 (Post 2014)

AXMC

AX PSR Kit

AXSR

ASR Kit

Reactions: yej0001
Anyone's barrel threads have a very light marking roughly the shape of the quickloc where it "grabs" the barrel threads? So basically the bottom of the barrel when indexed.

Me thinks a chassis is a foot :unsure:

Or perhaps a new main chassis block and handguard with an integral dovetail that goes all the way back to the magwell, with a barricade stop just in front of the magazine... something that people have been wanting for a while now.

It would also be neat if the new chassis section supported a standard AR grip interface...

Just throwing some ideas out there.

Love that more people are getting over the "scary" factor of debonding the action from the AI chassis! It's just epoxy and bolts, not magic. :)

Last edited:
I need some advice. I’d like to buy an AT short action and run a 6.5 SAUM. I know I can have a barrel spun up. 1. Can the bolt face be opened up to accommodate the SAUM case? 2. Will it feed from mags?

Or should I forget about it...

Question:

Did you guys sell other rifles once you got your AI? I'm debating selling or saving for my kids.

My reasons to keep:
They are bought and paid for. Loads developed. Don't need the money and won't get what I have into them. Will cost more to replace later.

Reasons to sell:
I have an AI now

Question:

Did you guys sell other rifles once you got your AI? I'm debating selling or saving for my kids.

My reasons to keep:
They are bought and paid for. Loads developed. Don't need the money and won't get what I have into them. Will cost more to replace later.

Reasons to sell:
I have an AI now

If you don’t need the money, I’d keep them. As long as they’re stored properly, it’s not like they’ll rot or go bad, haha.

I sold a lot to get my AI, but only because I had to in order to keep it. I didn’t WANT to sell anything, but I had to be realistic with where I’m at right now, and just couldn’t justify having as much money wrapped up in rifles right now. I’ll be replacing several of them as time goes by, but when I really thought about it, the AI checked the most boxes, would get used the most, and was the biggest “grail” rifle of the bunch (though it was close with a few). Life goes on, and I’m happy with my decision.

If you don’t need the money, I’d keep them. As long as they’re stored properly, it’s not like they’ll rot or go bad, haha.

I sold a lot to get my AI, but only because I had to in order to keep it. I didn’t WANT to sell anything, but I had to be realistic with where I’m at right now, and just couldn’t justify having as much money wrapped up in rifles right now. I’ll be replacing several of them as time goes by, but when I really thought about it, the AI checked the most boxes, would get used the most, and was the biggest “grail” rifle of the bunch (though it was close with a few). Life goes on, and I’m happy with my decision.

I appreciate the feedback. I like to ask the opinions of others to gauge my thought process. I'll just hang on to them for now. I have a strong feeling my kids will be asking to shoot as they grow

Reactions: Basher
Got my @samb300 thumbtest installed on my AT. Easy breezy with his YouTube video. Hopefully I can get to the range soon and try it out. Fit is excellent.

Attachments

• F8A705AC-43E5-4EB8-A61B-A159521A5D21.jpeg
    F8A705AC-43E5-4EB8-A61B-A159521A5D21.jpeg
    517 KB · Views: 248
  • 0EDCC895-8F61-46D3-BA9B-0BB3670883BC.jpeg
    0EDCC895-8F61-46D3-BA9B-0BB3670883BC.jpeg
    374.3 KB · Views: 227
Question:

My reasons to keep:

Reasons to sell:
I have an AI now

The only reason I would part with the other rifles would be to get a second AI.

The devil on my left shoulder says I need an AXMC or another home grown AT LE. The angel on my right shoulder says I wouldn’t get to stretch out the AXMC very often so it’s not worth the investment. And one AT is probably enough.

The only reason I would part with the other rifles would be to get a second AI.

The devil on my left shoulder says I need an AXMC or another home grown AT LE. The angel on my right shoulder says I wouldn’t get to stretch out the AXMC very often so it’s not worth the investment. And one AT is probably enough.

This is too familiar... Mine is saying "buy the AX buttstock" the other says "just buy an AX", the other says "you also need an AXMC"

Struggle is real.

This is too familiar... Mine is saying "buy the AX buttstock" the other says "just buy an AX", the other says "you also need an AXMC"

Struggle is real.

Personally I wouldn’t buy an AX. I would either do the AX stock conversion to the AT or jump up to the AXMC.

The only functionality you gain with an AX over the Converted AT is the side clearance for the magazine. You can get NV rail and key slot for the sides of the AT.

Now if I had stoopid lottery type money that changes things.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
I finally have something to add to this thread!
I have been pulling together a couple of AX's for that past few months. This is my current setup AX308 and AX338LM. View attachment 7032892
Was able to get to the range for some testing. These AI's shoot damn good. The Left (2) vertical rows are from the .338 and the Right (2) vertical rows are from the 308.

Hey guys, I've got another cool product I've been working on! If any of you AX shooters have been wanting an anti-rotation QD sling mount, I've got the answer. This will work on all pre-14 and post-14 AX forends (AX, AX338, AX308, AXMC, AX-AICS), all you'll need is the correct mounting screw for your variant. Mounting screws will be available at the time of purchase if you need an extra pair.

The mount will be Black Nitrided steel, and comes in at only 0.36" H x 0.66" W x 1.85" L. It's super snag-free and much lower-profile than the factory picatinny/QD combo. It is anti-rotation, with sling positions at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock. Each position has about +/- 15° of rotation built in it so the sling isn't too locked into place.

These will be an Anarchy Outdoors exclusive product, and the estimate I've been given is 8 weeks for availability. Let me know what you think!

Reactions: Dooby
As far as selling other rifles for AI, all I can say is my AI’s and Vudoo are the only rifles I wouldn’t sell unless someone offered me more than they are worth and I could get a new one for.

Everything else is fair game.

Reactions: kujuak
I am about to purchase the AXMC...Am i going to make a mistake? I don't shot a lot... maybe 300 rounds a year... if that... lots of guys told me to get a savage, tikka, or RPR... .300 WM.. honestly.. If i get that I still have to spend another 2K for sure in chassis and other stuff... and I still get to 3,000 - 4,000 SPENDING... Or just leave them stock.. but then I wouldn't like it a lot.... I was thinking if i buy the AXMC it will be different .. I will shot it more probably and i would really enjoy it when i go to the range or hunting with it... When you bought your first AI rifle.. how was it?

I am about to purchase the AXMC...Am i going to make a mistake? I don't shot a lot... maybe 300 rounds a year... if that... lots of guys told me to get a savage, tikka, or RPR... .300 WM.. honestly.. If i get that I still have to spend another 2K for sure in chassis and other stuff... and I still get to 3,000 - 4,000 SPENDING... Or just leave them stock.. but then I wouldn't like it a lot.... I was thinking if i buy the AXMC it will be different .. I will shot it more probably and i would really enjoy it when i go to the range or hunting with it... When you bought your first AI rifle.. how was it?
I started with a savage rifle and then a Tikka. I would shoot maybe 500 rounds per year. After I got my AI I now shoot almost every weekend and have three different caliber barrels. It is so much better and more accurate than my Savage which made me want to shoot more.

Reactions: az _desert

Get the AI. You won’t be sorry.

I need some advice. I’d like to buy an AT short action and run a 6.5 SAUM. I know I can have a barrel spun up. 1. Can the bolt face be opened up to accommodate the SAUM case? 2. Will it feed from mags?

Or should I forget about it...
The bolt face can be opened up, but what about the extractor ? Extractor is cut for the 308 family, might be able to bend it.
Mags I don’t know what would work, I asked a friend, he says there is another follower for the AW mags that might let them work.

I have a couple Tikkas. They’re great guns for the money. They shoot well and there’s plenty of aftermarket things you can do to them. I have probably $2200 into each of them with both a Cadex and KRG W3 chassis. You don’t have to spend $2K for a chassis as there are plenty of deals to be had on them.

With that said, I have four AI’s, two AE’s, an AX, and an AXMC. Nothing I have ever been behind shoots like they do, even the AE’s. I have less money into the AE’s than my Tikkas as a matter of fact. They can be had for sub $3K on here, and even AT’s pop up for $3500 or less.

It’s all preference and what you’re willing to spend. I can say that my AI’s are a little more forgiving given the weight, adjustability, and the fact that they’re built from the factory to perform for professional shooters. Not to mention, you just feel more badass when you’re shooting one. I know that shooting comes down to fundamentals, but a little mental boost by having great equipment doesn’t hurt either.

They will all put rounds down range effectively, But life is short. If you already worry you’ll regret not getting one, then you better get one. Just my two cents right or wrong.

Reactions: az _desert
Question:

My reasons to keep:

Reasons to sell:
I have an AI now
My Dad is getting on in years and this last summer when I went to visit, he gave me the old pellet gun he used to take us out shooting with. We didn't go shooting much, and it was only a pellet gun, but it meant a lot. My dad did well for himself, but my wife and I have talked about how we don't want to duke it out with my siblings for any of his stuff when He dies. But I might have been tempted to throw a few for that pellet gun...

Anyway, I think it would be very meaningful to have them to train your kids with and then eventually pass them on.

Plus, now I can tell my wife that we have so many guns "for the children."