• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Get an AI. But hunting with one? ??? I guess if you hunt from a ground blind and can park your quad nearby, AI's are heavy rascals, for me at least.

My shorty AI AT with the help from other Hide members. Almost got her all put together.

Attachments

• F355AD0D-2450-45A4-B72F-351E8E4F7FC7.jpeg
    F355AD0D-2450-45A4-B72F-351E8E4F7FC7.jpeg
    536.8 KB · Views: 273
When you bought your first AI rifle.. how was it?

I'm going to go against the grain here and say it didn't blow me away. That's not to say that my AT is not a very very nice rifle, it's just that my first impression did not match the hype that some here will lead you to believe. I've owned several custom rifles, built just how I like them and shot many more owned by others. I've put hands on a lot of different guns. A custom rifle, TO ME, feels better than an AI. The bolt will cycle smoother, the trigger can be lighter and maaaybe crisper, and you can choose a stock/chassis that fits you best.

With that being said, the AI bolt is still pretty slick and I do like the factory trigger a lot. The chassis is growing on me still and if I could just change the grip I'd be happy. But that's not really what something like an AI is all about. You've got a complete system that is designed to work together and has been proven for DECADES. I do not regret selling my custom rifle to buy an AI.

Get an AI. But hunting with one? ??? I guess if you hunt from a ground blind and can park your quad nearby, AI's are heavy rascals, for me at least.

My wife might disagree. This is her doing over watch for deer with my AT. She got more reading done than anything. Yes she carried it as did I.

Attachments

• 31F54612-DC36-4DFF-A346-ED08DAD5B868.jpeg
    31F54612-DC36-4DFF-A346-ED08DAD5B868.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 203
My wife might disagree. This is her doing over watch for deer with my AT. She got more reading done than anything. Yes she carried it as did I.
Nice pic, more power to you,I turn 70 in a few months and just don't fancy packing

Good on you, but at 70 y.o. I don't fancy packing my AI where I hunt
0d3eagFl.jpg
IkO17e0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Luvman
I'm going to go against the grain here and say it didn't blow me away. That's not to say that my AT is not a very very nice rifle, it's just that my first impression did not match the hype that some here will lead you to believe. I've owned several custom rifles, built just how I like them and shot many more owned by others. I've put hands on a lot of different guns. A custom rifle, TO ME, feels better than an AI. The bolt will cycle smoother, the trigger can be lighter and maaaybe crisper, and you can choose a stock/chassis that fits you best.

With that being said, the AI bolt is still pretty slick and I do like the factory trigger a lot. The chassis is growing on me still and if I could just change the grip I'd be happy. But that's not really what something like an AI is all about. You've got a complete system that is designed to work together and has been proven for DECADES. I do not regret selling my custom rifle to buy an AI.

Thx. for taking the time to answer :) I know what you mean. I would like to build one but at the end of the day i would be thinking why i didn't spend extra $ and get the AX. I still have time to back off from the AX deal ($6,750.00 with %10 OFF Discount ... $6,010.00 out the door, $35.00 FFL Transfer)

Does anyone has a pic showing the AXMC magazine adapter for 308 and the mag? Does the adapter fully sits inside the magwell without showing anything?

The reason I am asking is that I got a AXMC in Dark Earth but I can only find adapter in Pale Brown. I am wondering whether any part of the adapter shows outside and does the color miss match looks strange.

Thanks ahead.

Does anyone has a pic showing the AXMC magazine adapter for 308 and the mag? Does the adapter fully sits inside the magwell without showing anything?

The reason I am asking is that I got a AXMC in Dark Earth but I can only find adapter in Pale Brown. I am wondering whether any part of the adapter shows outside and does the color miss match looks strange.

Thanks ahead.
How do you like the Dark Earth color? I wanted to get the GREEN color but i called today and switch to Dark Earth... I still have until friday to decide on a color

Good shooting!.. is that a 1in 12 barrel?

What height Spuhr mount is that ?
Correct, that is the AI factory 1:12. It likes the 168 and 175 gr SMKs. Our range only goes out to 600 yds, so that works.

The mount is a SP-4001. Zero MOA and 1.18" high.

I was very fortunate to pick up the AT ('14 LFP) and PMII last year on clearance from MHSA. Great guys who were very helpful, I highly recommend them.

Reactions: Action Jack
Correct, that is the AI factory 1:12. It likes the 168 and 175 gr SMKs. Our range only goes out to 600 yds, so that works.

The mount is a SP-4001. Zero MOA and 1.18" high.

I was very fortunate to pick up the AT ('14 LFP) and PMII last year on clearance from MHSA. Great guys who were very helpful, I highly recommend them.

Awesome. Also have a PMII, I think the Sp-4001 will be the way to go once my AT comes in.. another option I’m considering would be the Spuhr rings, as they would get the PMII mounted 5mm lower.

I do feel that a mount is a better option though..

That sage green is crawling underneath my skin. Unfortunately the UK/EU variant is olive green and seems to be less shiny for Some reason..... Well...fortunately I still got a couple of months to think it over.

The Spuhr QDP 4002 paired with the Steiner Tx51 2-25x56 shown on the photos below will be merged with my AXMC after order and receipt of the rifle... The AR-15 is just temporarily carrying the weight ;)

Attachments

• 141BDFDC-EE5D-42AF-9A7F-0A98810B0D68.jpeg
    141BDFDC-EE5D-42AF-9A7F-0A98810B0D68.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 02CB2948-E201-4080-94D4-876CF594C9BA.jpeg
    02CB2948-E201-4080-94D4-876CF594C9BA.jpeg
    616.4 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: 96C
You’re last two pictures have convinced me to take the top rail off my AX lol

Looks good man

Not much point being up there unless you're running NFE often... Even then, throw on the short rail when you have your spacing sorted out!
Much more comfortable to grab quickly and handle.

Not much point being up there unless you're running NFE often... Even then, throw on the short rail when you have your spacing sorted out!
Much more comfortable to grab quickly and handle.
I just took mine off. Can’t believe that never crossed my mind before. Feels way better on the ol bitch mittens lol. (y)

Reactions: 96C

Thanks ahead.

The Magazine Adapter will "peek out" on the left side, where the magazine cut out is. It's definitely visible. I have the Dark Earth AXMC and Pale Brown adapter and I had your exact same concern -- but it turned out just fine even if the color is a bit different.

If I had to do it all over again, I would buy a black adapter, but if I only had the pale brown available to purchase, I wouldn't hesitate to grab it again.

BTW, what's up with the backordered parts for AXMC? I know the AXSR is rolling out soon, but it's a bad look for AI to have so few AXMC parts available through their distributors right now.

Reactions: ironsight1000yard
I saw the pic posted by another dude in different thread and went with black adapter and mag.

OOS at EO but found at Mile High.

Only missing the the bolt body. I agree AI is not doing a good job supplying the parts.

The Magazine Adapter will "peek out" on the left side, where the magazine cut out is. It's definitely visible. I have the Dark Earth AXMC and Pale Brown adapter and I had your exact same concern -- but it turned out just fine even if the color is a bit different.

If I had to do it all over again, I would buy a black adapter, but if I only had the pale brown available to purchase, I wouldn't hesitate to grab it again.

BTW, what's up with the backordered parts for AXMC? I know the AXSR is rolling out soon, but it's a bad look for AI to have so few AXMC parts available through their distributors right now.

Because everyone is jumping on the MC sale. So they are buying up the parts as well. Not to mention the MC wasn’t out there in high volumes until this sale.

AI isn’t a huge company to begin with, so it’s gonna take some time.

I don’t mess with long actions much, but the price on the MC was tempting. I didn’t buy because I knew finding the SA stuff was going to be a pain as everyone had the same idea.

I was told the mags work between the ASR and AXMC.

Very cool. I'm planning on keeping my still on backorder AXMC long action only, but short action mags that don't need an adapter would be nice for those who need them.

I have a Question too.. I have on backorder and AXMC .300 WM...... I would like to get a Barrel in .308 but i don't know what should I get... Carbon Fiber Barrel or Regular barrel? What's a better option?!

I have a Question too.. I have on backorder and AXMC .300 WM...... I would like to get a Barrel in .308 but i don't know what should I get... Carbon Fiber Barrel or Regular barrel? What's a better option?!

Depends what your using it for if weight is a concern. Same with length. The Proof CF barrels are great shooters though.

Both shoot good, depends on how heavy and how you like your rifle to balance. Carbon barrel lightens the rifle and your wallet more than a regular barrel.