• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Okay…not to derail the thread any further buttttt

For my new AT, if I was looking at a 4-16x42 ATACR, the 7-35, or a 5-25PM2 which would you go with?
I commented on your ATACR thread with my AT/NF combo. 4-16X42. But I’ll be more specific

This gun is primarily used as a hunting gun. Crop damage to be exact. It’s on a 308 20” barrel. Primary use being shooting deer inside 500 yards. It’s perfect for that and 4X is useful for close range in low light

My AXMC wears a 7-35 ATACR. I haven’t had a chance to hunt with that yet.

That said I have been left wanting more magnification to ID deer (antlers) at the 400+ yard ranges. As what I shoot needs to be does.

I have used many other higher mag scopes like Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29 and deem this a good magnification range for all around shooting

So moral of my story is I like 4X on low end for low light and being this is a primary hunting rifle it works out very well. If I was hunting longer ranges or target shooting 800+ yards I’d opt for the 7-35. I rarely shoot my higher power scopes near max magnification. I will when load testing or identifying at long ranges

Keep in mind there’s a decent size difference between the two. If that matters to you. I’ve posted the pic before but here’s the two in comparison for size. The AX is about 12” behind the AT in this pic. Low profile/locking elevation turret on the 4-16 is nice as well for my application
9C6AFF95-A5A1-404C-ADCE-EBB2606802FB.jpeg

I commented on your ATACR thread with my AT/NF combo. 4-16X42. But I’ll be more specific

This gun is primarily used as a hunting gun. Crop damage to be exact. It’s on a 308 20” barrel. Primary use being shooting deer inside 500 yards. It’s perfect for that and 4X is useful for close range in low light

My AXMC wears a 7-35 ATACR. I haven’t had a chance to hunt with that yet.

That said I have been left wanting more magnification to ID deer (antlers) at the 400+ yard ranges. As what I shoot needs to be does.

I have used many other higher mag scopes like Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29 and deem this a good magnification range for all around shooting

So moral of my story is I like 4X on low end for low light and being this is a primary hunting rifle it works out very well. If I was hunting longer ranges or target shooting 800+ yards I’d opt for the 7-35. I rarely shoot my higher power scopes near max magnification. I will when load testing or identifying at long ranges

Keep in mind there’s a decent size difference between the two. If that matters to you. I’ve posted the pic before but here’s the two in comparison for size. The AX is about 12” behind the AT in this pic. Low profile/locking elevation turret on the 4-16 is nice as well for my application
View attachment 7852390
This is super helpful. I like the 4-16, but I think I’m gonna want more magnification. 5-25 or 7-35 seem to be the ideal range.

This is super helpful. I like the 4-16, but I think I’m gonna want more magnification. 5-25 or 7-35 seem to be the ideal range.
A lot of people who use both say the 7-35 has the best glass. I haven’t used the 5-25 so I can’t compare. If you think you use the magnification then get it. Can always turn it down

Reactions: TheBigCountry
Before I fuck this up, is it possible to back the trigger screw out too far or does it have a hard stop?

So it’s cold outside, the shed is all looked up, I’m afraid of the dark and various other excuses for me not going out and checking myself but can anyone confirm or deny if AX and AXMC barrels are interchangeable between actions?
Picked up the AXMC very recently with a short action 308 bolt kit. So I’m wondering if my AX 6.5 barrel will work with it. Meh if not but it would be handy to know.
Failing an answer I’ll check tomorrow lol.

Attachments

• 8A60802F-1A3F-47BA-933D-4C1836278F55.jpeg
    8A60802F-1A3F-47BA-933D-4C1836278F55.jpeg
    920.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 1428E820-DBFB-43AE-A2B5-B28660994142.jpeg
    1428E820-DBFB-43AE-A2B5-B28660994142.jpeg
    494.1 KB · Views: 200
Reactions: 96C and Zane777
So it’s cold outside, the shed is all looked up, I’m afraid of the dark and various other excuses for me not going out and checking myself but can anyone confirm or deny if AX and AXMC barrels are interchangeable between actions?
Picked up the AXMC very recently with a short action 308 bolt kit. So I’m wondering if my AX 6.5 barrel will work with it. Meh if not but it would be handy to know.
No it won’t

Large vs small tenons

AX will fit AT/AX
AXMC will fit AXSR/AXMC

Yeah cheers. I thought that would be the case but just hadn’t checked.
They make 6.5 for the AXMC. I’ve been waiting on a 2018 profile one for mine. Picked one up here from a member as well for mine.

The 6.5 barrels for AX/AT are a dime a dozen in the px here. AXMC in the win tac are harder to come by

The foam was just a build up I’d made for long days in the saddle. It’s done the yards but will come off before the rifle gets moved on in the next few weeks.

I had emailed Tony at MK Machining @Tyler Kemp about a magazine extension for the AXSR 308 pattern magazines. I'm not entirely sure if the magazine is capable of accepting an extension, but I'm going to be sending mag in for a prototype as soon as I hear back from Tony for the go-ahead.

Just curious how many would be interested in an extension for the AXSR 308 mags. I would like a +4 but would be satisfied with a +2.

Last edited:
That’s a strange looking tripod and head.

HOW HAVE I NOT KNOWN ABOUT THIS PRODUCT?!

I have one in the mail now.
Just be sure to get the sensitivity right or it will drive you a little batty. Closing the bolt can cause it to trigger the radar if you have the sensitivity to high. Which can be a pain when you're in prone and behind your scope and now you have to "reset" the radar.

Just be sure to get the sensitivity right or it will drive you a little batty. Closing the bolt can cause it to trigger the radar if you have the sensitivity to high. Which can be a pain when you're in prone and behind your scope and now you have to "reset" the radar.
What setting do you have yours at? I had mine at the highest setting and just about any kind of movement will set it off.

That’s a strange looking tripod and head.
The tripod is your run of the mill heavy duty carbon fibre job with spiked feet. Ball head is a the same as this one on my magnetic mount.

Attachments

• AB8408C0-BE78-45BA-AA80-C0A08AB1ACF7.jpeg
    AB8408C0-BE78-45BA-AA80-C0A08AB1ACF7.jpeg
    682.2 KB · Views: 91
What’s the brand of that head? Never seen that one.
It’s not this exact one but pretty much the same thing.

Welp...decided on an optic. Might paint my barreled action purple to fit between the creamy peanutbutter and this crunchy peanutbutter.

Elite iron spigot came in today and waiting on a nice new Cal g2 to slap on there. Been a bit since I used anything but a harris after my displeasure with the v8 and psr.

19651.jpeg

Some more blue magic today. Got a couple of new mags from @Scott Seigmund and my AT-X hasn't had a single hiccup feeding :)

Nice day today, a bit breezy though.. Still can't beat another day at the range!

This has about 50 rounds though it now, impressive groups with a basic loading of 140 ELDM and H4350.

20220423_154154.jpg

20220423_154234.jpg

20220423_154822.jpg

Some more blue magic today. Got a couple of new mags from @Scott Seigmund and my AT-X hasn't had a single hiccup feeding :)

Nice day today, a bit breezy though.. Still can't beat another day at the range!

This has about 50 rounds though it now, impressive groups with a basic loading of 140 ELDM and H4350.

View attachment 7855521

View attachment 7855524

View attachment 7855525
What’s your load for that. I just started shooting some 140 ELDM’s as well. Using 41.5 H4350 just finished settling in the barrel so gonna see how it groups now but so far it’s running right at 2750.

Just picked out of a hat, maybe some input from other's here...

41 grains of H4350 and CCI 200 primers

I was trying to duplicate factory loadings.

What’s your load for that. I just started shooting some 140 ELDM’s as well. Using 41.5 H4350 just finished settling in the barrel so gonna see how it groups now but so far it’s running right at 2750.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Random question.... im already in bed and don't want to get my calipers out. What's hight over bore on an AX with a 1.5 spurh? Going shooting tomorrow and would like to plug that into the kestrel

@samb300

Bad ass, that's what I've been waiting for. Any idea when we can buy one here in the US?
I will follow up with Christian in Norway, I’ll see where he’s at with the production version buttstock. @BLKWLFK9 will be getting his buttstock to test soon.

Still waiting on the AT/AX compatible grip panels as well, sorry for the delay.