• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Brother. Nightforce? Gross 🤮

We rocking ZCO, Schmidt, and the all mighty Tangent dawg.
1675386004645.gif

Wasn't there some company that was basically selling Crisco as a gun lube and they got busted on that?

Either way, I don't buy into all the gun industry doing any kind of research on their own lubes. You have the major oil companies spending millions and millions of dollars on R&D on lubricants that stand up to way more abuse than a gun cycling. I personally use ATF in a small needle bottle applied to the high friction areas and it's a very very little amount. I have had the same 2 oz bottle for 10 years and there is still over half full of ATF in it. If you took the bolt out of my rifles they would almost feel dry. I hate it when I pick up a gun and there is just oil everywhere.
in a nutshell.
for mobil 1, there isn't anything that comes remotely close at that pricepoint and let's be honest, if you're running around with your AR in -50 degrees, I'm pretty sure you know to leave it outside overnight and to apply little to no lube (though some countries recommend lots of lube). either way, mobil 1 destroys the competition imho

in a nutshell.
for mobil 1, there isn't anything that comes remotely close at that pricepoint and let's be honest, if you're running around with your AR in -50 degrees, I'm pretty sure you know to leave it outside overnight and to apply little to no lube (though some countries recommend lots of lube). either way, mobil 1 destroys the competition imho
Bingo! I live just down the road from Ft Greely, and deal with the glory of Alaska winter. Honestly for winter lube a very thin film of whatever —-works. I have used every brand listed and more, with no issues. My duty issued Colt M4 has not had any issues—- it’s in/out my vehicle often. Agency policy is hot standby in the in the rack. I wait as long as possible letting rifle and mag cold soak before loading hot. Little experience and not overthinking.

I think that was frog lube ?
During one of my Winter DM Courses, one of my good friends brought a Noveske AR-15. It was very cold, lots of snow and ice all over.

He started having malfunctions with it, so I checked it out, felt like he poured fine sand all over inside the action.

Me: “I put out to show up with a well-lubed rifle. This thing has sand all inside it."

Him: “I did lube it thoroughly!"

Me: “With what?"

Him: “Frog lube."

There wasn’t any sand in sight for miles, but it felt like moon dust inside the action. Whatever Frog Lube is made of, it crystalized and granulated into a fine particulate coating that made a normally-slick Noveske AR-15 run like a parts bin poverty pony dipped in cement.

I had heard all kinds of advertising about Frog Lube, but put it on my “avoid like plague" list after that.

Wasn’t a problem for me, since I was using Slip2000.

During one of my Winter DM Courses, one of my good friends brought a Noveske AR-15. It was very cold, lots of snow and ice all over.

He started having malfunctions with it, so I checked it out, felt like he poured fine sand all over inside the action.

Me: “I put out to show up with a well-lubed rifle. This thing has sand all inside it."

There wasn’t any sand in sight for miles, but it felt like moon dust inside the action. Whatever Frog Lube is made of, it crystalized and granulated into a fine particulate coating that made a normally-slick Noveske AR-15 run like a parts bin poverty pony dipped in cement.

I had heard all kinds of advertising about Frog Lube, but put it on my “avoid like plague" list after that.

I tried frog lube for my Benelli duck gun since it was supposed to be the best for corrosion resistance. It did very well at gumming everything up and causing grief in the cold. I still use it like cosmoline for long term storage.

I think most people way over lube ARs. If you look at the wear marks on the bolt it basically tells you were it needs lube. Seen too many bolts and bolt carriers caked in lube and powder from over lubing.

Reactions: BurtG

Yea typically I make it a habit to avoid anything with frog, delta, tactical, seal, etc. The more low key the name is I've found it to be better.

Slip2000 is my go to oil and only reason I'll try lucas oil gun oil is because I was given it and I've never used anything bad from Lucas oil.

Same with shooters choice all purpose grease.

Reactions: BurtG
Only reason I started using Slip2k was LWRC recommended it on their piston guns. Otherwise there is always Mobile one leftover in the bottom of a jug after an oil change. I should collect it all, relabel it and sell here on the hide… come get some BCX oil 😉

What's the brand of the padding you put underneath the forearm? Looks neat

It’s an old Hard Target Innovations pad. Not even sure they make them anymore. I got it around the same time I got the rifle in 2014.

It’s really good at gripping a bag.

AE66DB61-87B9-4CF7-958F-13CA4808636A.jpeg

Reactions: BurtG and yej0001
Son, all I've ever asked of my Hide Members is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the AI Rifle Owners, because inside every 6.5 creedboy there is an American trying to get out to buy a Barrett MRAD in 338 lapua. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.