• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

How you liking the AndiScan?

I like it a lot, I have had it for a couple of months now and it has worked well on everything from 50 BMG to .177 cal pistol BBs. I did screw up and used the wrong bracket with the 50 BMG that broke the housing and launched the chrono into my forehead...I emailed Jan about it at 4:00 PM eastern that Sunday afternoon and he replied 11 minutes later, 10:00 PM CZ. A little over a week later I received a new housing via FedEx expedited, no charge for part or shipping. He even very politely reminded me that I wasn't using the right bracket, that I had ordered and paid extra for....

20230226_195754.jpg
20230205_101531.jpg
20230205_101548.jpg
Screenshot_20230208_133228_Gmail.jpg

AXMC question, does mile high get police trafe in AXMCs? I think they had sold a few of the police trade in ATand MKii before but was wondering if calling and checking kn an ACMCwas worth it.
The px seems to have dried up for them.

Has anyone had issues mounting ADM quick release mounts on Elite Iron AI spigots? The recoil lugs on the ADM mounts won't fit into the picatinny slots of the EI mounts. I measured the slots on two different EI spigots using calipers and every slot is 0.197". The ADM mounts will seat properly on my G Mk16 rail and HK416 rail. The distance of the slots on the G/HK rails is 0.208/0.203. I sent EI an email so we'll see what they can do.

2cz3yHG.jpg

S6RK5Gv.jpg

advaE1v.jpg

OB0xnIW.jpg
That is out of spec to both STANAG and MIl-STD. In both cases they can be 5.23mm(.2059") and .206" respectively.

Does anyone have experience running the AXSR LA chassis for rem700? Considering it for an ELR build

Just my opinion but if you want to go with a 700 or 700 clone build, buy a tacops. If you want the ai chassis, go the extra mile and get the real deal

Just my opinion but if you want to go with a 700 or 700 clone build, buy a tacops. If you want the ai chassis, go the extra mile and get the real deal
And that is completely understandable! I love the look of the chassis an I love and have shot AI's before. That being said, I don't have 9800-10000 to buy one on Euro Optic and the like. I am getting an ARC CDG for my PRS build(6GT) and an ELR Build(7mm PRC) and thought why not try to bridge the two?

Does anyone have experience running the AXSR LA chassis for rem700? Considering it for an ELR build
Not exactly to your question, but several shooter's at Quantico are running Rem 700s in 30-06 in an AI chassis - absolute hammers.

ETA - In AT chassis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhed
And that is completely understandable! I love the look of the chassis an I love and have shot AI's before. That being said, I don't have 9800-10000 to buy one on Euro Optic and the like. I am getting an ARC CDG for my PRS build(6GT) and an ELR Build(7mm PRC) and thought why not try to bridge the two?
If it’s what you want then go for it. Watch the px here they come up used. If you go that route you won’t loose much $$ if you decide to part with it in future.

Keep in mind the system is what makes AI an AI. I’ve run a 700 in an AT style chassis and the weight is obviously less with the 700. But the action smoothness, 90° bolt throw and AICS mags I was running made the feel not even close to my AIAT.

For other platforms I really like MDT or KRG options

Actually getting an AI is obviously the best route but it’s understandable a person can’t just jump into that

AXMC question, does mile high get police trafe in AXMCs? I think they had sold a few of the police trade in ATand MKii before but was wondering if calling and checking kn an ACMCwas worth it.
The px seems to have dried up for them.
I reached out to them about this and received this response:

“Currently we do not have any used AXMC's available. Anytime we do get them they get listed on Gunbroker so it is best to keep checking there.”

Can’t hurt to call, though!

Reactions: wichitaguns
If it’s what you want then go for it. Watch the px here they come up used. If you go that route you won’t loose much $$ if you decide to part with it in future.

Keep in mind the system is what makes AI an AI. I’ve run a 700 in an AT style chassis and the weight is obviously less with the 700. But the action smoothness, 90° bolt throw and AICS mags I was running made the feel not even close to my AIAT.

For other platforms I really like MDT or KRG options

Actually getting an AI is obviously the best route but it’s understandable a person can’t just jump into that
I will agree 100%! If it didnt require a special inlet, i would go with the M2013 from badger. I love the design of the new ARC action and thought they might pair well together with a nice benchmark or bartlein barrel. It just blows my mind that this rifle with that, a TT Diamond 2 stage, TBAC Bipod, ARC Mbrace mount and a zc527 is still less than a new AXSR but hey it's a system like you said, not a bunch of mashed up parts

I will agree 100%! If it didnt require a special inlet, i would go with the M2013 from badger. I love the design of the new ARC action and thought they might pair well together with a nice benchmark or bartlein barrel. It just blows my mind that this rifle with that, a TT Diamond 2 stage, TBAC Bipod, ARC Mbrace mount and a zc527 is still less than a new AXSR but hey it's a system like you said, not a bunch of mashed up parts
IF you want a 60 degree like the m2013/AI then go with the GAP tempest and toss it in a Ai chassis or whatever of your choice. Bolt is of AI design but sits in a 700 clone platform. Takes 700 triggers and uses the better AW mags.

60 or 70. it's partially me liking the CRF and mechanical eject among other features. if the tempest came in a magnum LA i'd be all over one!

Reactions: pingunit
60 or 70. it's partially me liking the CRF and mechanical eject among other features. if the tempest came in a magnum LA i'd be all over one!
This was me attempting to scratch my AI wanting itch….as nice as it was it just wasn’t what I wanted. To this day I don’t regret the multiple guns I sold to buy what I really wanted

This was my GAP in a Cadex
9B2B2C3B-956A-47F1-BA47-7A27D5CEEC4F.jpeg

Been scratching the AI itch for over 20 years now... thankfully it never required me selling any of my multiple guns to satisfy.

Funny thing is I'm still damn itchy!

This was me attempting to scratch my AI wanting itch….as nice as it was it just wasn’t what I wanted. To this day I don’t regret the multiple guns I sold to buy what I really wanted

This was my GAP in a Cadex
View attachment 8085392

Reactions: Series 70 Colt
Been scratching the AI itch for over 20 years now... thankfully it never required me selling any of my multiple guns to satisfy.

Funny thing is I'm still damn itchy!
Didn’t have to sell many for the AT which is what I purchased first. $3300 off the px here. With the folding thumbhole. Don’t see those prices anymore it seems and that’s only a couple years

Reactions: FUNCTIONAL
Didn’t have to sell many for the AT which is what I purchased first. $3300 off the px here. With the folding thumbhole. Don’t see those prices anymore it seems and that’s only a couple years
I don't even think it's been 1 year when I bought my AT for 3k with no barrel. Crazy how the market for them has been.

That said it would still be worth it at the 4k price you can find then for now.

Edit: if you have the itch I'd seriously save up and pick something up used (not from dremel daddy). I spent a lot of money trying to do what you are and still ended up with 2 AIs in the past 5 years. (Didn't learn my lesson the first time) .

Reactions: 9sigman45
I don't even think it's been 1 year when I bought my AT for 3k with no barrel. Crazy how the market for them has been.

That said it would still be worth it at the 4k price you can find then for now.

Edit: if you have the itch I'd seriously save up and pick something up used (not from dremel daddy). I spent a lot of money trying to do what you are and still ended up with 2 AIs in the past 5 years. (Didn't learn my lesson the first time) .
@PRSDietitian the edit portion I believe is directed at you

Reactions: FUNCTIONAL
If I found one with a shot out barrel, I'd probably be all over it and just rebarrel it. After looking at some of the shooters in ELR(sub 2500 yards mostly) trying out the 7mm PRC and comparing it to a load ive used before in 300 PRC, i'm definitely dead set on a 7 prc, however that manifests

My first one was a AWSM in 338 Lapua.... cost new was about 4k. Only had single port brakes when I first got it, upgraded to this dual port, made a big difference.

Back then, never seen one @ any range I visited.

This is from my old school AI pic :)

awsm.jpg

Seems like a homo either way. Which is odd because I can't imagine there's too many of them in Utah. But it checks as his pfp is a Cheytac 🤧

Still searching for the DE MC to go with this AXSA and DE SR. You sure you don't want to part with yours?

Oh dang, I thought you'd snagged a DE AXMC and were showing it off.

I wish to keep mine - but hopefully this lights the beacon for anyone else here.

Now I see why most say buy once cry once...but it all depends how long that one cry is lmao

New AXSR, full setup(optic, mount, bipod, etc) with a PRS barrel(6gt or 6 creed) and ELR barrel(7 PRC) with appropriate bolts...just a hair over 18 grand lol

Edit:
Brand new AXSR 300 win mag
1x 7mm PRC Barrel 1x 6mm barrel both in FDE and wrench flats
2x suppressor mount brakes(I like the PVA rugged suppressor brake and then attach the rugged mounting system to whatever can im running)
1x TBAC bipod
1x ARC Mbrace mount
1x ZC527

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: TylerN and BurtG
Now I see why most say buy once cry once...but it all depends how long that one cry is lmao

New AXSR, full setup(optic, mount, bipod, etc) with a PRS barrel(6gt or 6 creed) and ELR barrel(7 PRC) with appropriate bolts...just a hair over 18 grand lol

Edit:
Brand new AXSR 300 win mag
1x 7mm PRC Barrel 1x 6mm barrel both in FDE and wrench flats
2x suppressor mount brakes(I like the PVA rugged suppressor brake and then attach the rugged mounting system to whatever can im running)
1x TBAC bipod
1x ARC Mbrace mount
1x ZC527

I drive a car that looks like this:
20230228_151516.jpg

(13 years old, 185k miles)

So I can drive a rifle that looks like this:
20220325_120830.jpg

I really need to take an updated version of that pic now that I have a 338 LM barrel and a PVS27