• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Greetings, all.

Back in 2008, visiting a friend in Sweden, I got to shoot an A.I. Promised myself then, if I ever got an FAC (I’m in the U.K.) I’d get one.

Finally got round to it this year and my first ever rifle/firearm arrived back in May. Just happened to be in stock, in the colour I wanted.
Then it went back to A.I. because the action picatinny rail was visibly out (canted high left to low right). Finally got it back yesterday after a picatinny rail change. It’s still out, disappointingly…..probably going back to the shop for a refund but in the meantime, thought I’d post a pic of it while the dream still lives 🤣

As a side note, Mile High were absolute gentlemen and, knowing that I wasn’t/couldn’t be a customer of theirs, still gave help and advice.

Attachments

• IMG_9419.jpeg
    IMG_9419.jpeg
    659.7 KB · Views: 156
I bought this AI/AT 65 CM as a demo unit from Eurooptic. It has the ACE muzzle brake, QD Spuhr mount and Tangent Theta 5-25. It does not recoil as much as I expected and the blast is surprisingly much less compared to both of my 556 AR-15 14.5” barrel. It is such a pleasant rifle to shoot.

Attachments

• IMG_5331.jpeg
    IMG_5331.jpeg
    405.9 KB · Views: 129
Got a spuhr on my ZCO AX setup and thinking about swapping to the ZCO mount as the current mount is a bit low but usable. I’ve had to remove the top rail from the AX handguard.

What ZCO would be best?

Attachments

• 2B171B52-192D-4EA0-B7AE-7A5C4E3BD76F.jpeg
    2B171B52-192D-4EA0-B7AE-7A5C4E3BD76F.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 100
Bottom and 2nd from top must be newest ones. I still see black mounts.

mk13 is the oldest. while not a true AI, it was my first foray into a chassis. chad built quite the shooter for me. with stiller down the road at the time, i popped over for a tour and picked up the mk13. within a couple days the marine corps contract was announced. had i had the resources at the time, i would have picked up a couple more of those actions. could have funded another AI or two . . .

from the mk13 i made the 'plunge' into AIs with the AX. snowballed from there. have yet to bring myself to part with one. nice to have loaners for friends / keep for the kids

may be time to work a little backward on the AI timeline, and pick up something green (or at least green stocked). DE is looking a little overrepresented.

Big Thank You to Mountic Outdoors on scoring me TT 7-35x56!!

33XC loves it!!

Attachments

• IMG_5927.jpeg
    IMG_5927.jpeg
    667.8 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_5926.jpeg
    IMG_5926.jpeg
    472.6 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_5929.jpeg
    IMG_5929.jpeg
    643.8 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_5928.jpeg
    IMG_5928.jpeg
    639.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_5930.jpeg
    IMG_5930.jpeg
    466.5 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_5922.jpeg
    IMG_5922.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 202
Things were running smooth on the shop floor Friday so I decided that the MC needed some forearm weights. So i did not bother with ounces and just went full bore with pounds, 2.5 pounds each lol. Rattle canned green and then tested them out today with the 300WM barrel. A real pussy cat now!
IMG_1867.jpg
IMG_1868.jpg
IMG_1869.jpg
IMG_1870.jpg

You coulda just put it in the hotel shower. Scrubbed it down. Then put it in the closet with the hair dryer in there.

Smh
Hahahaha true.
After seeing those hotel cooking videos with the dude who cooks food using the hair dryer in the bathroom, I’m willing to bet anything is possible with a hair dryer.

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG
That's a good, trusty, 50+ year old claw hammer right there. My Dad (!) has had the exact same one for as long as I can remember.
My dad gave me that back when I was a teenager and doing roofing with him in FL. Still going strong.
I might start running it my secondary at 2 gun matches 😂

Prolly cuz it's that poors NF...

1689123914218.gif

2. Got to look through a ZCO 527 MPCT3X at Saturday’s match and was like hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

But then I’d have to find a new mount and trim a small section of my case’s foam so I decided against it.

It was really nice though. …and tempting.

Wish the S&B 636 or TT735 offered better reticles. I really like the MPCT2X, Mil-XT, and PR2. But noooooo.
1689123877987.gif

1. View attachment 8180967

2. Got to look through a ZCO 527 MPCT3X at Saturday’s match and was like hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

But then I’d have to find a new mount and trim a small section of my case’s foam so I decided against it.

It was really nice though. …and tempting.

Wish the S&B 636 or TT735 offered better reticles. I really like the MPCT2X, Mil-XT, and PR2. But noooooo.
View attachment 8180964

Wait, the AXMC can be set up for 223/300blk?

I mean... It could be done.....

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Saw the new Mission Impossible movie yesterday, nice little AI boom stick showcased at the beginning.

IMG_3457.jpeg

After nearly 20 years of shooting R700s in AICSs on Quantico’s Range 4, I’ve finally given in to peer pressure from guys like @Defender3 and @Fixr and several others on the firing line….

IMG_3736.jpeg

IMG_3740.jpeg

IMG_3746.jpeg

I bought a 2022 AT and immediately vandalized it with an early butt stock.

Last edited:
View attachment 8186086

After nearly 20 years of shooting R700s in AICSs on Quantico’s Range 4, I’ve finally given in to peer pressure from guys like @Defender3 and @Fixr and several others on the firing line….

View attachment 8186111

View attachment 8186087
View attachment 8186088

I bought a 2022 AT and immediately vandalized it with an early butt stock.
I simply can't resist, "but it's a 6.5CM." :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, if the hide only knew the depth of your experience and data books that allow you those first round hits on the milk jug at 1,000yds.

Reactions: Fixr and VSP968
Took Lowlight and Enoughsaid’s Alaska PR1/2 for the 2nd time. Took the 300NM along for some side fun.

What a ridiculous combination, had Taylor do my final fundamental eval with it. He also brought my Magnus along for some visitation rights time, spun it on, never checked zero shift, 1st round impact 24” plate @1k, 2nd round missed right, 3rd round impact.

Keep wondering how do you take a rifle and cartridge you’ve only shot 10 times with only 1 of those being at 1k, zeroed with different can, iffy data, and then go 2 for 3 at 1k with rounds 11-13.

Brutally efficient set up, literally got off the gun and saying to myself that’s why you buy an AI.

Had a few different guys in class send a round with it and the Magnus sounds 👌

IMG_2304.jpeg

Brutally efficient set up, literally got off the gun and saying to myself that’s why you buy an AI.

I took a PR1 class with Frank using an off the shelf R700 that I bought in 2012, and at the end of the class he told me "That rifle is holding you back, you need an AI"

I laughed it off at the time but then 18 months later....I bought an AXMC. My only regret is that now I also want an AX because my arms can't reach the forend when shooting from a standing position.

Reactions: Beardsli