• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Torque limiters are my preference in the field rather than a torque wrench.

Fix it sticks seem to be the most popular, but this simple kit has become my default: Borka axmc kit(link)

My AI AT with 308 and 6.5x47 barrels, S&B 3-20, Spuhr mount, Atlas bipod, SAP 2 round holder.

UK factory .308 barrel cut down to 16 inches

PDjlags.jpg

BbBlHyM.jpg

RVjmc8G.jpg

I've got a sound moderator that goes on the threaded muzzle break need to get a photo of that though

This is a still from a video I took shooting Prvi Match 168gr

YWFwBYJ.png

My Krieger 6.5x47 Lapua 27 inch 1 in 8 twist barrel

N2U779D.jpg

AGjCKbW.jpg

QUESTION; How much does the complete rig weigh in at with that 16” barrel?

Reactions: PBWalsh
I agree I was not pleased about the bolt either. I will say in their defense although not a great one it was the 308 bolt and not the bolt that came with the rifle. The 338 ran very well. The issue was that it would occasionally leave live rounds in the chamber when trying to unload them like in an unload show clear situation. If you fired the rifle everything was good to go. So kind of minor but at this price tag I expect everything to function flawlessly. They did take care of it in Fredricksburg though.

Looks like the fix it sticks are the way to go. thanks for the feedback guys

Extractor? Seems like plenty of bad extractors going around.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions from all a few weeks back.
Arrived yesterday, quite sure that I made the right choice in color,
and glass.

Looked it over quite closely, and I'm QC orientated by training, the build quality is impressive.
I'd really like to pad the riser/comb with something.
Anyone have any suggestions of a light, thin, self adhesive material for this?

I like shooting offhand and from alternative positions, any suggestions on a solid
adjustable sling? I've been using Short Action Precision on my SSG, but open to
suggestions.

Thanks!

IMG_1225.jpg

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions from all a few weeks back.
Arrived yesterday, quite sure that I made the right choice in color,
and glass.

Looked it over quite closely, and I'm QC orientated by training, the build quality is impressive.
I'd really like to pad the riser/comb with something.
Anyone have any suggestions of a light, thin, self adhesive material for this?

I like shooting offhand and from alternative positions, any suggestions on a solid
adjustable sling? I've been using Short Action Precision on my SSG, but open to
suggestions.

Thanks!

View attachment 6878878
The pad on the cheek riser is made by Hoptic USA. Sorry I don't know how to post a link..... Nice rifle !

Reactions: Monk Medic
Here is my newest AI. My covert suppressor is in Jail at the moment. This is an AIAE MKI police trade in with the MIRS mount. I converted the MKI stock sides to MKII stock sides with the adjustable cheek rest. I also installed the covert barrel and have to save my pennies for my scope. Running a Leupold MK4 for now. I just wish it was a folder, I will find one down the road.

AIAEMKI.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree I was not pleased about the bolt either. I will say in their defense although not a great one it was the 308 bolt and not the bolt that came with the rifle. The 338 ran very well. The issue was that it would occasionally leave live rounds in the chamber when trying to unload them like in an unload show clear situation. If you fired the rifle everything was good to go. So kind of minor but at this price tag I expect everything to function flawlessly. They did take care of it in Fredricksburg though.

Looks like the fix it sticks are the way to go. thanks for the feedback guys

Interesting about the bolt. I got a new AI AT couple of weeks ago and when I took it to the range the 1st time I had the same issue about 7-8 times out of the 100 rounds that I shot. The bolt would not grab live rounds. This was with factory 308 barrel. I didn't think much of it and thought maybe I was doing something wrong. Time to cut back on the AI kool-aid i guess. I'll pay more attention next time I'm out. It will be interesting to see if I will have the same issue with the new 6.5x47 barrel I ordered.

Reactions: BradW
Interesting about the bolt. I got a new AI AT couple of weeks ago and when I took it to the range the 1st time I had the same issue about 7-8 times out of the 100 rounds that I shot. The bolt would not grab live rounds.

Did you close the bolt on the rounds that failed to eject or push them forward and then draw the bolt back?

Did you close the bolt on the rounds that failed to eject or push them forward and then draw the bolt back?
You know what I honestly don't remember. I was too excited. Does it not grab the live rounds if the rounds are pushed by hand?

I'm just wondering if you closed the bolt far enough to engage the extractor or not?

Well after reading posts on here and confincing my self AI is the way to go , changing my mind and then going back to option two another custom action build on a Manners stock and then back again .

I finally made a decision today and placed an order for an AT in 308 , only black available so black it is then, having a AX rear fitted . Plan is to pull the barrel and have a 6.5 CM in carbon 18' and I have a 7mm 16'' carbon blank here which will be 7m 08.

Hopefully I will have it by the weekend or early next week.

Well after reading posts on here and confincing my self AI is the way to go , changing my mind and then going back to option two another custom action build on a Manners stock and then back again .

I finally made a decision today and placed an order for an AT in 308 , only black available so black it is then, having a AX rear fitted . Plan is to pull the barrel and have a 6.5 CM in carbon 18' and I have a 7mm 16'' carbon blank here which will be 7m 08.

Hopefully I will have it by the weekend or early next week.
I think black would look best because I think that is the only color ax butt they sell if you don’t buy the whole ax rifle.

Well , picked it up not long got in , and discover the mag wont come out, mag release goes all the way forward to the mag but it wont pull free it feels like something is holding it in there. Any ideas ?

I've had that happen when someone has drilled out the front plate and used JB weld to fill the holes, but the mag is too long and sticks in the mag well because of the extra JB weld on the front of the mag. Tha'ts the only time Ive had it happen. Push the mag release all the way and wiggle it out?

It feels like that the mag release is not releasing if that makes sense.

Brand new mags? My axmc seemed to do this a little and I think it was cerakote build up on the mags that wore off eventually and they run well now.

I think i have sussed it , the mag release leaver is bent ! how who knows how that happened must have taken a knock some.
Graeme is sending me one to fit.

Now decision is to fit the nightforce or get a s&b ultra short to go with the short barrel to keep the weight down

Hi monk medic, nice rifle. Regarding your request a sling suggestion. I have found the rifles only sling, for field shooting events, to be right on the money. Quick to fit, take off and adjust. The bungee is firm enough to add support over barricades, tripods etc. just my 2 cents worth

Reactions: Monk Medic
Hi monk medic, nice rifle. Regarding your request a sling suggestion. I have found the rifles only sling, for field shooting events, to be right on the money. Quick to fit, take off and adjust. The bungee is firm enough to add support over barricades, tripods etc. just my 2 cents worth

Hey OzTRG. I completely agree with your assessment of the Rifles Only bungee sling. I bought one several months ago and with a heavy field rifle, the bungee provides a little “give” to reduce the felt weight of the rifle.

Changed a few things up on my AIs. I just couldn’t like the 0.5 Mil subtensions and MIL numbers along the vertical stadia on the EBR-2C reticles. My fiancé didn’t seem to like the “Christmas Tree” style. Ended up selling off the Gen 2 Razors. Picked up an NF ATACR 7-35 Mil-C for the fiancés gun and a S&B PMii Ultra Short 3-20 H59 for me.

8C7774A4-5F7E-4952-80E1-293664F4560E.jpeg

Reactions: Snipenace
I'm happy with any of the chassis for the SSG, the old factory McMillian stock was nice, even the cost reduced SIG stock worked well.
I like the Accurate Mag/BML Tool folding chassis for the 24 inch from a standpoint of carrying in my ruck, and the compact size. I couldn't put the rifle with the fixed factory stock in my trunk, too long.

I don't see a downside with it, very slightly heavier than the factory stock, but the folding and adjustments make up for that. Build quality is excellent, cost is about $300 to $400 more than the McMillan stock, but if you love the rifle, it's the way to good.

Is the LRD system available, the link to the product on their web page appears to be broken.

http://store.accurate-mag.com/sporttactchassissystem.aspx

Hope that helps!

DSC_0942.jpg

Took my buddy to the range on Tuesday to try out the new AL AXMC.

His 300 yards target below, left group, then shifted to final group.
Not bad for 300 yards.

He's a believer.

Highly impressed with this rifle.

Last mug is me.

IMG_1297.jpg
IMG_1299.jpg
IMG_1301.jpg

Reactions: davidwiz
I'm happy with any of the chassis for the SSG, the old factory McMillian stock was nice, even the cost reduced SIG stock worked well.
I like the Accurate Mag/BML Tool folding chassis for the 24 inch from a standpoint of carrying in my ruck, and the compact size. I couldn't put the rifle with the fixed factory stock in my trunk, too long.

I don't see a downside with it, very slightly heavier than the factory stock, but the folding and adjustments make up for that. Build quality is excellent, cost is about $300 to $400 more than the McMillan stock, but if you love the rifle, it's the way to good.

Is the LRD system available, the link to the product on their web page appears to be broken.

http://store.accurate-mag.com/sporttactchassissystem.aspx

Hope that helps!

View attachment 6881562

Thank you very much! That will be helpful.

The LRD is supposed to ship in Q2, but both my buddy and I are product development guys, and know that man plans and God laughs. I’m thinking Q2 could mean, “Ship 10 units on 30 June”, and he’s worried about buying a Gen I product.

Hear you on Gen 1 product.
You know the expression, “The pioneers are the ones with the arrows in their back.” ;-)
With the SSG no longer imported, I’d be wondered why a firm would do new product development.

I should mention that there are 3 different front rails for the chassis, and two stocks, one with a butspike and one without.
The front rails, I tried all three, the one which looks more like a AR platform rail, which covered the barrel, did fit with my optic on, due to the height of the rail. I’m sure if I moved the optic up slightly would be fine, but didn’t want to buy another set of rings just for that purpose.

BML also makes mags for the SSG, which are becoming a somewhat rare commodity.
There is also a company it in eastern WA that makes and imports the factory mags, look up Benchmark Barrels.

Let me know how you make out, and if you like the stock.

Cheers.

Here’s another photo of the factory SIG stock and the BML, side by side.View attachment 6882363

Thanks for the additional info!

I think LRD is a Swedish company, and there’re a lot more SSGs in Europe. As far as the US chassis, I’m guessing it’s very similar to the chassis they make for other companies (they make the chassis for the Howa Chassis Rifle), so it’s probably similar to what McMillan does with different inletting.

Anybody have a pic of a pale brown ax with a pantone s&b? Had a ral8000 sold it and thinking about buying a pantone one.

I’ve always wondered about the fluting. Both my AXMC bolts are fluted. I think some AT and axmc308 bolts are as well but not all?