• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

you don't seem too convinced ? Also on the over travel, i would not mess with the trigger. learn it for what it is. just my opinion,
Hope you're happy with your purchase, they are nice rifles
I have no reason to doubt it is lol.
I think I had heard frank say they have over travel and that's the way it is. Just checking
And yeah this thing is awesome. The whole package is confidence inspiring especially the action.
It was listed as metric threads but it is 5/8-24 so happy I don't have to deal with shipping. And paying for rethreading. Can't wait to shoot it when I get a rain day and some time off work.

I have no reason to doubt it is lol.
I think I had heard frank say they have over travel and that's the way it is. Just checking
And yeah this thing is awesome. The whole package is confidence inspiring especially the action.
It was listed as metric threads but it is 5/8-24 so happy I don't have to deal with shipping. And paying for rethreading. Can't wait to shoot it when I get a rain day and some time off work.
Glad to hear your happy, just wait until you put a couple hundred rounds down range.... Your other guns will just sit around

Reactions: deersniper
Were you trying the Caldwell brass catcher? I've used that one (infrequently) on some gas guns, and it's fine. It's not fancy (like B&T's is), but I guess it doesn't need to be.

On the S&B, I left the grinder marks exposed. It's an excellent conversation piece . . . or something. I'll probably end up throwing some FDE soft-side hook and loop on the top, an AI or Lapua Sticker, or maybe a good ole American Flag (the irony being, of course, that there's not a single American Component (other than the Send-it) on the entire rifle).

If yours is a tool of your trade, then first, thank you for your service. Secondly, I am envious of your ability to take this as a tax deduction :).

Yes, it was the Caldwell. I’m not sure if that’s the one I’ll end up buying, but it was the only one I had available to try out. It did seem to be adequate, considering my limited experience with it.

I’ve done the same with my S&B. I haven’t decided yet if I want to cover it at all.

Thank you. To serve has been my pleasure. I agree, the deductibility did take some of the sting out of the sticker shock. That which remained evaporated on range day.

I think the DE mags are backordered

https://www.eurooptic.com/Accuracy-International-AX-762-308-10-Shot-Dark-Earth-Magazine-6677DE.aspx

A0C7940E-5693-48F8-903C-5C8A12FA3F91.jpeg

Must be new, there were no DE mags (other than the one that ships with the rifle) available when I bought mine last year.

I ordered rifle just like above last fall and specified I wanted matching mags. When I checked on it's status a few weeks ago, I was told my rifle will be entering production next month. I made it clear to vendor my magazines will be Dark Earth color. Paying as much as that rifle is costing me,the mags darn well will be matching in color. Period.

I have to admit, the matching color thing gives me a chuckle. If you're actually running your rifle, then it's going to be scratched, banged up, and worn down, especially the mags! But I guess if you're dropping $7K on a rifle that'll sit in the safe except for when the boys come over to drool on it, you can fight to get what you want so everything's the exact same shade of brown...! :ROFLMAO:

(Don't tar and feather me, just having some good natured fun!)

Lol how much are you beating on your rifle that you can't see what color the mags and rifle are anymore lol?
Regardless, I would think most precision shooters have a decent dose of OCD to begin with.

Reactions: aam and kujuak
I have to admit, the matching color thing gives me a chuckle. If you're actually running your rifle, then it's going to be scratched, banged up, and worn down, especially the mags! But I guess if you're dropping $7K on a rifle that'll sit in the safe except for when the boys come over to drool on it, you can fight to get what you want so everything's the exact same shade of brown...! :ROFLMAO:

(Don't tar and feather me, just having some good natured fun!)
Don't mind the comment. I shoot my rifles, frequently in fact. most often by myself at the range weekdays when it's quiet and in the bush plus a match or two once and awhile ( I like hunting more!). The only "boys" that touch/ admire my rifles are my sons when they come to visit and shoot up some of dad's ammo, leaving right before it's time to clean them or do some brass prep! The rifle is costing me more than my first two cars, the mags will out last me , so hell yeah I'd like them to match, I think that would please my boys down the road.:)

Reactions: Basher
Hahaha. The part about getting what you want for $7K+ was truth! I absolutely feel the same way, that it should be perfect for that amount! Everybody's idea of perfect is different, I guess. I consider a mag to be a consumable just like barrels. Eventually, they gotta be replaced. So for me, mag color doesn't even enter the picture. Sure, one in the "right" color for photos is cool, but it doesn't eat me up. More power to you if it's a concern on your end, I'm just having some fun is all. I'm 110% positive I have my own little "ticks" that others laugh at, haha.

And if my shooting frequency continues with the same level I'm at right now, my mags will look new forever! :ROFLMAO: But that's gonna change soon. Work/school has been life for awhile, so before we start having kids, I gotta hammer out a few cases and make my gear look like I know what I'm doing! :LOL:

It occurred to me that at some point in the future, I may want to use my Bobro mount on the AI. If not this Bobro mount, maybe another Bobro mount. My guess was that, based on the Larue not being able to close, that the Bobro wouldn't either. My guess was spot on. You can't really tell from this photo that it doesn't fit (because the Bobro levers have spring actuators forcing them into the open position unless they're locked down), but you can tell that I tried. It wasn't even close to fitting.

This, in my book, is unacceptable. Edit to add: I'm hoping that there is some scientific/esoteric reason that they have manufactured mine this way of which I am just unaware.

I have an email into AI, and I have an email (following a conversation) into my dealer - who said his own AI is the same as mine. Although I didn't get the impression that he thought it was a big deal, he did say he'd forward on the question to AI himself.

View attachment 6875979

What did they say? I had to loosen my GDI 2-3 turns to get it to close. I will use NF rings eventually but the rail should be in spec.

She arrived yesterday. I've been in love before with rifles, but this love is different; way different.

Behold...

AIAX 6.5 Creedmoor.jpg

Attachments

• AIAX 6.5 Creedmoor-2.jpg
    AIAX 6.5 Creedmoor-2.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 162
  • AIAX 6.5 Creedmoor-3.jpg
    AIAX 6.5 Creedmoor-3.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 162
  • AIAX 6.5 Creedmoor-4.jpg
    AIAX 6.5 Creedmoor-4.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 169
  • AIAX 6.5 Creedmoor-5.jpg
    AIAX 6.5 Creedmoor-5.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 187
  • AIAX 6.5 Creedmoor-6.jpg
    AIAX 6.5 Creedmoor-6.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 170
  • AIAX 6.5 Creedmoor-8.jpg
    AIAX 6.5 Creedmoor-8.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 181
  • AIAX 6.5 Creedmoor-7.jpg
    AIAX 6.5 Creedmoor-7.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 166
The mag thread is confusing, do AW and AX mags work in an AX? Are AICS mags for AICS only?

Short answer: yes and yes .
Longer answer: yes, the double stack double feed mags, (the aw and the identical [except for the added front lip] ax double stack mags) are for the triple-lug AI actions, while the double stack, single feed (short action) and single stack, single feed (long action) AICS mags (the AX versions are again identical but with an added front lip) work only with the chassis.
Does that make sense?

I was looking. For a video on changing barrels (I guess you just loosen the set screw and screw the new one in hand tight) and came across this video , gotta lol at the comments

I appreciate the advice and encouragement! I'm ready to get the hell out, but as soon as I do I know I'll miss how "easy" it is. Anyway, I know I'll be thinking of a pale brown axmc topped with a s&b when I jump in the river after walking the stage. (Tx state tradition) Mark my words, I'll be posting mine here soonish.

I appreciate the advice and encouragement! I'm ready to get the hell out, but as soon as I do I know I'll miss how "easy" it is. Anyway, I know I'll be thinking of a pale brown axmc topped with a s&b when I jump in the river after walking the stage. (Tx state tradition) Mark my words, I'll be posting mine here soonish.

eat ‘em up cats . . . . believe me, you’ll miss your time there. enjoy it as long as yu can. . . . couple extra semesters dont hurt . . .

Reactions: TanktheFrank
Update: Got a chance to stretch the .300 Norma out to 1000. This barrel is extremely accurate! Shot a .2" 5 shot group at 100, then went right out to 1000 and shot just under 1/2 moa. Wind was pushing it around a little. Had a bad case of primer flow though, so the bolt was next day aired to Speedy Gonzales for bushing. Hopefully have it back this week and back to shooting next week.

Todd
What barrel twist did you go with for your 300 norma mag? Thanks

SNAFU308, if you don't mind me asking, how did you get the RRS adaptors into Australia? I'm really interested in one.

Tiktac, You can order them straight from the RRS website. Postage is a little exy. They have 2 different models; one for the AXMC (long action) and one for the AX .308 (short action - gen I and II).