• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

D633941E-C264-4549-A6D4-B6FB40BD26D4.jpeg

The AX in its early days. Not an AT, but you get the idea.

I own a company in Australia making LR shooting related gear. Those are prototypes of the tripod leg sleeves I’ll be pushing out shortly. (y)
Mission Critical Designs PRST there. Will work on a couple of sizes and lengths probably... Problem is, so many tripods on the market now.

www.lowvisgear.com
You make some for a RRS tripod and count me in. I'm tired of camo forming them.

Reactions: 96C and emann1022
I was thinking about getting the NV rail for my AT to battle mirage coming off the barrel, one of the main benefits that I can think of the AX has over the AT. I see you have one installed here, have you seen that it makes a difference at all with mirage (or anyone else for that matter?)

Sage green is only available for the AX.

Here is the green version of AT.

View attachment 7065999

I was thinking about getting the NV rail for my AT to battle mirage coming off the barrel, one of the main benefits that I can think of the AX has over the AT. I see you have one installed here, have you seen that it makes a difference at all with mirage (or anyone else for that matter?)

I havnt noticed any coming off the AX, but 2 things have changed. First, I have it in a 1.5” mount. Second the ambient temperature has been higher.

I did notice a slight amount off the AT, but I speculate that was from the 1/2” of uncovered suppressor. Ambient temperatures were lower when I used the AT so that could have affected this. I also was using a 1.35” mount.

I have a temperature strip on the side of the barrels chamber and I try real hard not to let it get over 120-130def F.

Yesterday it got up to 140deg F and I did not notice any mirage coming off the AX. Ambient temperatures were high 80’s low 90’s

Iron horse picatinny spigot in place. I think it will get shortened in the near future. It just doesn’t look right. I have also sorted a lower spuhr mount. It works well with the early high scope rail.

Next on the agenda is an AX butt stock.

Last edited:
Was doing some barricade practice in the yard a few days ago... Left the rifle on top of a barricade bag to get something from my pack (my mistake).
After maybe 20 seconds, the rifle slipped off, falling about 1 meter onto the grass landing scope first. :poop:

Took it out to confirm zero and see if anything was tweaked, first round at 100 meters... The Spuhr 4603B and NF Beast are no joke.

Designed for war, shouldn't have expected any less.
Dot.jpg

Was doing some barricade practice in the yard a few days ago... Left the rifle on top of a barricade bag to get something from my pack (my mistake).
After maybe 20 seconds, the rifle slipped off, falling about 1 meter onto the grass landing scope first. :poop:

Took it out to confirm zero and see if anything was tweaked, first round at 100 meters... The Spuhr 4603B and NF Beast are no joke.

Designed for war, shouldn't have expected any less.View attachment 7068689

Don't feel bad. My AX fell from a bag off a play house in my yard one day when I was running after my son for something. K318i was kept in place by a 4002 and no issues other than feeling like an idiot.

Reactions: 96C

Designed for war, shouldn't have expected any less.View attachment 7068689

Did exactly the same thing last weekend with my LMT MWS-but was off a concrete bench to a concrete floor. Gashed up upper and scratched up Vortex Razer Gen 2 and Spuhr good too. Held zero like a champ though (y). OK I'll see myself back to semi-auto forum now.

Can anyone with an AT that has the factory low picatinny action rail get a measurement for me? Might be hard to do with the scope on, so maybe someone has a scopeless rifle sitting in the safe.

On the AX with the tall rail, I’m measuring approx 0.673” rail height from the OD of a heavy palma barrel (1.25” shank). I know the low rail is shorter but I don’t know by how much.

Thanks!
2C81C3E5-1E31-4133-A17C-5DED1F234E40.jpeg
50C07276-979B-471A-B5EA-956FF4FF2B97.jpeg

Can anyone with an AT that has the factory low picatinny action rail get a measurement for me? Might be hard to do with the scope on, so maybe someone has a scopeless rifle sitting in the safe.

On the AX with the tall rail, I’m measuring approx 0.673” rail height from the OD of a heavy palma barrel (1.25” shank). I know the low rail is shorter but I don’t know by how much.

Thanks!
View attachment 7069233View attachment 7069235

Sam, I’ll get you one tonight.

What jacket is that?

SORD Australia - Light Field Anorak, been on the design group for years. Very comfortable, practical jacket. They will ship to the USA and have an office in Kentucky.