• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Anyone have any info on where pressure signs start with IMR 4064 under an SMK 175, in FGM brass, in an AI AX .308? 45 gr or so? Just trying to find out what to expect . . .

@96C

What's te reason for the MYMAG base plate. Does it give more mag capacity or is it a grip thing?

Just to help with quicker magazine changes. The base plates are welded on the AW magazines. Definitely non-essential, a hangover from pistol shooting. Makes a difference though, worthwhile on one magazine.

I’m excited to say. Christmas came a little early today.

Better pics to come.

Attachments

• 909F8919-13D8-48F8-A4D5-F2FEEB9B4A7A.jpeg
    909F8919-13D8-48F8-A4D5-F2FEEB9B4A7A.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 172
Just to help with quicker magazine changes. The base plates are welded on the AW magazines. Definitely non-essential, a hangover from pistol shooting. Makes a difference though, worthwhile on one magazine.

Makes sense thanks

Reactions: 96C
Some better pics. Now I need to get another atlas that can be dedicated to this rifle rather than the Harris.

Is the spigot part of the AT LE package or did you add it on?

I ran across an ad for one a while Back and it also had the Accuracy Obsession spigot.

Is the spigot part of the AT LE package or did you add it on?

I ran across an ad for one a while Back and it also had the Accuracy Obsession spigot.

I had mile high add it when I placed the order. They currently have them on sale on there website as well.

PRS for sale in the PX.

Im leaning towards a CAL. I have one on another rifle and really enjoying it. But im kinda waiting just to see if anything new is released at shot show. I heard there will be a new Atlas. Just don't know anything about it. Or if its gonna even be anything im interested in. Being I have a CAL on another rifle im not in a big rush to buy anything. I just didn't bother removing it from that gun to put on this gun for the photos. I appreciate the info on the PRS though.

School me on the AI chassis. I have never had one in my possession so help me out... Seen a few w AR style pistol grips and was wondering if you just remove the skin? Is it a direct bolt on or a conversion kit? Have my eye on a AI AX chassis for my next build.

School me on the AI chassis. I have never had one in my possession so help me out... Seen a few w AR style pistol grips and was wondering if you just remove the skin? Is it a direct bolt on or a conversion kit? Have my eye on a AI AX chassis for my next build.

Where have you seen different grips on a AI chassis?

It's only on the new axsr and old psr models

Reactions: BCX
PSR? thought the fore end looked different. ETA on the new AXSR?

Reactions: Huskydriver
Thanks.. many different AI models to choose from. ASR is out. Badass rifle tho.

AI showed the ASR factory rifle at Shot Show 2019, along with the R700 (long action?) chassis for drop-in barreled actions. I’m not aware of any pictures or info of the AXSR long-action magnum multi-caliber, other than Mile High and EuroOptic having slots on their website for pre-order of them for $8975.

Reactions: BCX and BLKWLFK9
AI showed the ASR factory rifle at Shot Show 2019, along with the R700 (long action?) chassis for drop-in barreled actions. I’m not aware of any pictures or info of the AXSR long-action magnum multi-caliber, other than Mile High and EuroOptic having slots on their website for pre-order of them for $8975.

From what I understand there will be no short action offering. Only one AX rife from here out. The new AXSR is the “long action” to my knowledge and can also take the new mags that have the same outer dimension as the Long action magnum cartridges but smaller inner dimension for short action cartridges.

I may be incorrect but this is what I gathered from the videos/pictures I’ve seen.

Nothing was mentioned about a short action AXSR was there?

Anyone know where I can find a Accuracy International AXMC SFP Bolt Assembly Complete, .308 Bolt Face? EuroOptic is out of stock. I would prefer Dark Earth, but not too picky

You might want to check with Milehigh.

My new to me PSR kit. Now that I have it I’m having a hard time deciding if I still want to go beat it up at the AI Classic in March or if I should have gotten an AXMC instead.

Shoot it. I got mine with the intention of shooting it and I’ve been shooting matches and classes with it since 2014.

I think pushing it a bit it is the only way to appreciate just how good that rifle is.

51678511-63F9-44C7-8DE6-61AB314B1777.jpeg

I have 15,000 rounds on mine and I’ve lost interest in other rifles.

Doesnt get much better than an AX with the TT.

What's the best range day? The one where you're the only one on the line! I thought today would be perfect to hit the range and I was right, 50 degrees and no-one but little ole me.

I needed to rezero the AI as I added a 6mil Spuhr mount so I can take this 260 out to a mile. So, the rail is 5.8mils and I added 6mils in the mount for a total of 11.8mils. After zeroing with the 136 Bergers (Lapua scenar), I still have 29.5mils of elevation available. That should be plenty to get me to a mile.

IMG_3086-1207407.jpg

IMG_3091-1207408.jpg

IMG_3093-1207409.jpg

Last edited:
@PrecisionRifleGuy can I ask how tall you are? Just an observation (not trying to be an internet judge), it looks like you have your AX buttstock to a very long LOP setting, and at the same time your scope is really far rearward. Don’t know if I’ve ever seen a NF that far back. Maybe you’re just a big guy, but it seems like shortening your LOP and moving your scope forward could help your overall positioning and balance of the rifle.

For reference I’m 6’00” with long arms, and I keep my LOP set to the 2nd shortest or the middle position. The rear of my scope is in line with the front of the folding stock hinge, which seems pretty typical regardless of scope manufacturer.

3F3DE828-7EF0-4591-A62E-71AEF6113934.jpeg

@PrecisionRifleGuy can I ask how tall you are? Just an observation (not trying to be an internet judge), it looks like you have your AX buttstock to a very long LOP setting, and at the same time your scope is really far rearward. Don’t know if I’ve ever seen a NF that far back. Maybe you’re just a big guy, but it seems like shortening your LOP and moving your scope forward could help your overall positioning and balance of the rifle.

For reference I’m 6’00” with long arms, and I keep my LOP set to the 2nd shortest or the middle position. The rear of my scope is in line with the front of the folding stock hinge, which seems pretty typical regardless of scope manufacturer.

Mate you are absolutely right. I could and probably should shorten it up a bit and move the scope forward. All things to try and improve my shooting (although I'm far from the worst haha). For reference I'm 5'10" and 95kg. Cheers

I have an AXMC 300wm that I just ordered a 6.5 creedmoor barrel, bolt, adapter, and mags for. What are you gents with 6.5 barrels using for bore guides in your AXMC rifles? I don't see that a smaller bore guide is available for the AXMC other than the 338/300 AXMC bore guide I already have.

I have an AXMC 300wm that I just ordered a 6.5 creedmoor barrel, bolt, adapter, and mags for. What are you gents with 6.5 barrels using for bore guides in your AXMC rifles? I don't see that a smaller bore guide is available for the AXMC other than the 338/300 AXMC bore guide I already have.

I pull the barrel off my AT and use my fingers at the chamber as a bore guide.

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone on here has tried 6 Dasher on the AIAX. I am thinking to run the Dasher for 2020.

Thanks in advance

Get a bore tech. You can order custom sized collars for it for the ID of your action. They're super slick, you'll chuck that AI bore guide in the trash where it belongs.

Reactions: azbiker
Here's what you want.

This bore guide in red/.25-.30 cal:

And this collar for the .25-.30 cal in .695" or over and then specify .860" for the collar:

Ohh and pick up some of their proof positive jags, nylon brushes, eliminator, and a 6mm-.27cal bore stick while you're at it. You can thank me later.

Reactions: CanonSterVA
Thank you all gentlemen. I appreciate the help.

I do use all Bore Tech rods, jags, nylon brushes, and also their carbon, copper, and eliminator cleaners. I have not used their bore guides and did not know of the custom collar option. Thanks again!