• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

nah, I often outshoot my buddy with his rifles and vice versa, I don’t know why it’s like that but I bet money that he will outshoot me with my AI 😂

Reactions: kocustoms
in your defense.. the barrel was freshly cleaned and you fouled it up quite nicely for me. lol. that TBAC though!! I might need to thin my herd of suppressors and pick one of those up.

I live by rule #76 😁.

source.gif

Hey, guys just ordered an AT in 6.5 , my first AI ! im wondering if the AX stock conversion is worth it and if so if there is any value is selling the factory AT folder.

Hey, guys just ordered an AT in 6.5 , my first AI ! im wondering if the AX stock conversion is worth it and if so if there is any value is selling the factory AT folder.

Congrats! Make sure to post pictures when you get it. I recommend shooting your AT first to develop some of your personal opinions about it before rushing to convert anything. After all, if it's truly better to get the AX stock, would you appreciate it if you haven't tried the original? If anything, I recommend hunting down (hard these days) a thumbhole skin to run your AT in classic mode before doing any work on it.

Likewise. Now that I have an AX I wouldn’t mind getting a AT with the thumbhole skins. They look so much more refined imo

Reactions: kocustoms
yeah i mean they all look cool, im not gonna lie the main reason i want the ax stock is for the esthetics haha

Reactions: Krob95
so i ordered my rifle in green , and see there's 2 different greens you can order for the thumbhole stock kit , anyone know which green is current production , i see lighter green and a darker one.

Got the AXMC out and fed it some 285 ELDMs. Absolute hammer.

Attachments

• 9820430F-3043-4120-B8EB-199E292B1E5F.jpeg
    9820430F-3043-4120-B8EB-199E292B1E5F.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 90
  • BC06E998-6947-4B14-A968-089CC70799F6.jpeg
    BC06E998-6947-4B14-A968-089CC70799F6.jpeg
    521.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 0FF38DEE-D1A4-4D24-9E53-3EE2239ACDB6.jpeg
    0FF38DEE-D1A4-4D24-9E53-3EE2239ACDB6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 153
  • DEEBE393-15DC-4D18-B996-3BD470C4AB83.jpeg
    DEEBE393-15DC-4D18-B996-3BD470C4AB83.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 136
Those of you in here looking to upgrade or get into an AI, EuroOptic is doing a $500/1000/2000 gift card deal on the AT, AXSA/AXSR, and ASR Kit.

Noticed it on their site while doing some late night browsing so figured I’d share.

I planned to do the AX conversion but after playing with the AT stock I'm not really sure there are many advantages to switching. I've ran my rifle in several matches and haven't found a reason not to like it. But, I'm sure I would say that too if I had a AX stock. Play with it first, especially after getting the thumbhole skins as they dramatically change the handling (in a good way) of the stock.

I planned to do the AX conversion but after playing with the AT stock I'm not really sure there are many advantages to switching. I've ran my rifle in several matches and haven't found a reason not to like it. But, I'm sure I would say that too if I had a AX stock. Play with it first, especially after getting the thumbhole skins as they dramatically change the handling (in a good way) of the stock.

Having played around with both, the only real advantage I can think of for some people is the ax stock folds the stock to the right capturing the bolt. Versus the left for the at

I have handled and shot @tevan0707 's at and I love it. When I finally justify having two AIs it will be an at with thumbhole skins 😁.

Thanks guys I ordered a set of thumbhole skins so we shall see. I do love the classic AW look not gonna lie haha

@Jgrovem110

The AX stock has some advantages, whether or not it's worth $800 is up to you
1) It folds over the bolt, making the profile thinner for packing/transit
2) Can quickly adjust cheek piece height and LOP without tools. Mainly useful if other people shoot it or if you go from warm weather to cold weather and need to adjust for bulky clothes
3) Buttpad is much more adjustable for up/down and more importantly cant. AT buttpad can adjust like this but needs an add-on accessory.
4) Picatinny rail on bottom of buttstock for a bag rider attachment
5) Cheekpiece is easier/faster to adjust laterally than the AT cheek piece

Reactions: Jgrovem110
Thanks those are some definite advantages for sure my concern is the cheek height I’m worried if I buy a 1.35” spuhr mount I’ll have to upgrade to a 1.5” mount since the ax appears to have a higher cheek weld. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks those are some definite advantages for sure my concern is the cheek height I’m worried if I buy a 1.35” spuhr mount I’ll have to upgrade to a 1.5” mount since the ax appears to have a higher cheek weld. Any thoughts on this?
That's a valid concern. The factory AX has the "tall" action rail, and you need a 1.5" mount to clear the front rail with a 56mm objective. So the buttstock was designed more around that than "slammed" low rails and 0.8" rings which seem to be in vogue on comp guns for some reason.

I use the "tall" action rail and a 1.18" Spuhr; I think a "low" action rail and 1.35" Spuhr will end up being just about the same.

I actually created a product a while back specifically for this, it's a replacement AX cheekpiece that nets you -0.350" in height versus the factory cheekpiece. LINK HERE

Awesome so with this I could still keep and use my 1.35” mount?
I believe so. The intent of the design was so that people using an AT who already had the low rail and rings wouldn’t have to buy a new mount when they got the AX buttstock.

Like I said, I use the tall rail and 1.18” Spuhr. I don’t have a low rail in hand but I can’t imagine it’s more than 1/4” lower than the tall. I know there are guys like @BLKWLFK9 that have the low rail and pretty low rings and are good with the AX cheekpiece.

If you have the low rail and can take a height measurement I can let you know how much shorter it is compared to the tall rail.

Okay thanks for answering all my questions I’m this is all great info
The cheek piece from samb300 is def nice it def cuts some height off ...I’ll let ya know when the 1.35 S&B Spuhr arrives with S&B 3-20 US for height. That’s a 20 moa high action rail on an AT LE with AX butt stock
160D4487-D309-4A2F-BA4E-F3DF1567705C.jpeg
009B3EE7-9A00-45BF-B74C-07EB962E6E8F.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone running the AT with AX stock and the high action rail with a S&B 3-20 US? If so what mount did ya go with?

A few things to consider on the AX/AT stock conversion.

1. The cheek piece sits about 1/2 inch higher on the AX compared to the AT. If you have the high scope rail (like the one pictured) its works fine. If you have the low scope rail @samb300 makes a low cheek piece for the AX stock . The cheek piece in the pic is the @samb300 cheek piece.

2. The AX stock is about 1/2 inch shorter on LOP. If your tall you may need a few spacers for the AX stock. Doesn't come with any.

3. The AX stock fits me better than the AT stock. It was worth the 800 dollars to me.

4. Most important it looks AWSOME!

D167464A-8FA9-41C4-BA8F-5E2EFA0069A5_1_201_a.jpeg

Anyone running the AT with AX stock and the high action rail with a S&B 3-20 US? If so what mount did ya go with?

I don’t have the 3-20 US. I run a regular 3-20 on my AT With AX stock with a tall rail and an older spuhr 4602 that’s 37mm height and 6mil. Current 4602’s are listed as 38mm height.

Attachments

• 9CFB5D3D-665E-43F0-9653-88AF9798FCE6.jpeg
    9CFB5D3D-665E-43F0-9653-88AF9798FCE6.jpeg
    681.1 KB · Views: 74
Yeah I love the look of the AX I ordered the thumbhole kit so I’m gonna run that for awhile and then decide if I want to upgrade. I still need to buy glass, scope mount for the rifle

So it seems to me everyone is running the area 419 muzzle break. I’m considering that or the og AI break

So it seems to me everyone is running the area 419 muzzle break. I’m considering that or the og AI break

I have two Area 419 Sidewinder muzzle brakes on my 6.5CM AX308 and 6.5 PRC hunting rifle. Have had VERY good experiences with these, they are my pick of the bunch at the moment. Only issue is if you shoot them for thousands of rounds without cleaning, the lock ring can become very stiff... But that's not how they were designed to be used.

The standard and tactical AI brakes are good. Side ports so not as effective as angled. Allen key install is easy and quick to clean.
Badger Ordnance FTE brake is good. Same as above.
Terminator T2 brake is good, mine is not self timing so gunsmithing install is required. Good brake, angled ports.
Area419 Sidewinder, angled rearwards ports reduces recoil even more. Self timing. Excellent brake.
APA Little Bastard, good brake, not quite as effective as the 419 IMO.

We are spoilt for choice.

Reactions: PrecisionRifleGuy
So with the AI brake or badger break do they need to be installed by a smith or are they user friendly like the self timing brakes. Also I have a 6.5 will the .30 AI muzzle
Break still work efficiently

AI break is set with an allen key.

And some old school AI thumb hole Stocks :)

One GAP snuck in with a Badger break on it, smith installed. In the middle.

20200415_002010.jpg

So with the AI brake or badger break do they need to be installed by a smith or are they user friendly like the self timing brakes. Also I have a 6.5 will the .30 AI muzzle

Last edited:
In regards to the 30 cal break on a 6.5, yes. There’s no noticeable difference in felt recoil with a larger brake on a smaller diameter bore.

If you plan on never owning a 30 cal barrel, then go with the 6.5 hellfire. If you think you are, get the 30 cal hellfire.

Okay it’s a possibility but I’m wondering if the the oversized break will offer any performance?

What do people think of the AI muzzle break? Did you think it made a difference?

Tims: The AIAX rear does not come with LOP spacers as the LOP is adjustable, take a look at the left side of your AX stock and see.

Okay it’s a possibility but I’m wondering if the the oversized break will offer any performance?

I run 30cal brakes on my barrels so I can swap them around if need be without any issues. I don't see any performance issues having a over sized brake. Even when I ran a 30cal on a 6mm I didn't have any performance issues. I however, I prefer the APA Little Bastard brakes to the 419 Sidewinders.

Reactions: Jgrovem110
Tims: The AIAX rear does not come with LOP spacers as the LOP is adjustable, take a look at the left side of your AX stock and see.

With the stock fully extended you may need to use spacers to get the correct LOP . When you convert to the AX stock it will be shorter.