• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events Accuracy Int'l Long Range Classic @ Altus in FLA, Mar 10-12, 2023

davsco

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2014
NoVa
I just signed up for this. Two days plus looks like a Friday practice day. I've done some local PRS, this will be my first 'big' one.

From prior years, any input on this match and venue? Anything special to bring or leave home?

Open to carpooling, hotel etc from NoVa (near Leesburg, VA).

Altus is a great facility. This is a fun match, especially if you are an AI aficionado.

So this won’t be a “PRS” match but I think that’s what will make it a LOT of fun! They are going back to some old school stuff that I think will make it a blast! I think you’re making a good choice!

Hope to see you there!

Reactions: lash
I’ll be there as well. I made the last one too and had a great time. The facility is awesome. They are currently building a on site bunk house. Not sure if it will be done by that match or not. The Saturday after party is a great time.

The food has been killer in the past, as well as the match
All the matches at Altus have killer food. I’ll grab a pic at the one day this Saturday and post it. If I can’t find a old one

Edit- found one from the last one day

Attachments

• 0497A1A0-5A10-4E8B-B54E-08414B416BDC.jpeg
    0497A1A0-5A10-4E8B-B54E-08414B416BDC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
I do think I’m going to look into this match. I like Altus as a facility, it’s within 8 hours drive (barely) for me, and I like the format. I will suck because I’ve not been practicing and am an official old guy now. But I’m ready to just enjoy the experience.

Thats a long drive for a non points match. There will be 4 -2 day PRS matches in Northern NC and VA this year.
yeah i don't think i'll be too competitive... just looks like different and fun and a chance to get away from mid-atlantic winter for a week.

Reactions: RS14
I will suck because I’ve not been practicing and am an official old guy now. But I’m ready to just enjoy the experience.
we could be brothers from another mother...

i really prefer running around and shooting stuff, uspsa and 2-3 gun, but hitting steel way out there is fun also and didn't do any prs this or last year.

Reactions: lash and BurtG
Shot this match last year and plan to shoot it again in 2023. Altus is no longer affiliated with the PRS; although last year was still a very PRS-ish match. Hopefully they make more changes to the course of fire this year to differentiate it some more. There was certainly some different stuff you don't typically see at your every weekend PRS matches; like the Donut Hole stage and the Sasquatch stage. They also had true KYL's.

The food was phenomenal and the Saturday evening party (crawfish + beer) was a ton of fun. The atmosphere is conducive to comrodary and making each other better since it is not for points. I had a lot of fun and certainly think it is worth the price and trip to experience the facility and match.

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of fun. 8 hours for me as well. Might try to make it. Do you think people will still laugh at me if I bring an AXSR since it's not a PRS event? 😂

• Haha
Shot this match last year and plan to shoot it again in 2023. Altus is no longer affiliated with the PRS; although last year was still a very PRS-ish match. Hopefully they make more changes to the course of fire this year to differentiate it some more. There was certainly some different stuff you don't typically see at your every weekend PRS matches; like the Donut Hole stage and the Sasquatch stage. They also had true KYL's.

The food was phenomenal and the Saturday evening party (crawfish + beer) was a ton of fun. The atmosphere is conducive to comrodary and making each other better since it is not for points. I had a lot of fun and certainly think it is worth the price and trip to experience the facility and match.
I look forward to shooting another match with you man. Maybe this time we can actually recognize each other and shake a hand. Lol

am an official old guy now
63 an old guy? Heck, when I was 63 I was a Greek God. Now at 70 I'm just a goddamn Greek! hahaha ;)

Get some pictures, fellas. I'm not a competitor but Altus did spin up my last BA and I'd like to get down there for some fun shooting one day. Love to see what it looks like from your POV.

Cheers and good luck to all

Last edited:
63 an old guy? Heck, when I was 63 I was a Greek God. Now at 70 I'm just a goddamn Greek! hahaha ;)

Get some pictures, fellas. I'm not a competitor but Altus did spin up my last BA and I'd like to get down there for some fun shooting one day. Love to see what it looks like from your POV.

Cheers and good luck to all
I’m just saying that the tiny props used in NRL 22 wreak havoc on older joints. I refuse to stop, but advil are required the next day. A two day match is great fun and will make my wife real happy the next two days, lol.

I’m just saying that the tiny props used in NRL 22 wreak havoc on older joints. I refuse to stop, but advil are required the next day. A two day match is great fun and will make my wife real happy the next two days, lol.
hahaha...I was just busting balls in good humor, my friend.

But I LIVE on Advil so I understand. haha

Cheers

I don’t shoot many matches, but I shoot at Altus as often as possible. The way that range is set up, one would think the targets have bullet magnets. Hard to find something not to like about Altus. Our son lives in the Florida panhandle and we have a family membership.

Great range

7BE15119-7F73-4EE5-8A72-70EEBEAFBEF3.jpeg

ADFCB714-DA83-4A2B-ABE0-D81782285C1F.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t shoot many matches, but I shoot at Altus as often as possible. The way that range is set up, one would think the targets have bullet magnets. Hard to find something not to like about Altus. Our son lives in the Florida panhandle and we have a family membership.

Great range

View attachment 8011790

All those trees on the left in this pic are now gone. It’s completely changed this lane.

Yep, sure not as nice looking, wind and light conditions are more varied. When my game is on, I like to shoot the unknown distance range, but am usually most comfortable on B and C range. (Been hitting the KYL rack from a barricade. :D )

Reactions: RS14