• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes ACOG - what do I have?

Bevan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2009
I got a secondhand ACOG recently, can't work out which model it is. Only care because I want to find out the reticle dimensions.

Only markings on it are serial, 'ACOG 4x32' and the JN8:12 or whatever bible verse thing.

It has a front iron sight on it, no rear, dual illumination and has this reticle:

Untitled-23.jpg

the optic:
P8220210.jpg

What model do I have?

Re: ACOG - what do I have?

Email Trijicon with the serial number. That will be the only way to know for sure.

+1 on contacting Trijicon for specific information/ID on that ACOG.

That said...it looks like a TA31RCO to me based on the appearance of the optic itself and the reticle, but there are some "oddities" with it though.

First, I have never seen a backup iron sight on a TA31RCO (it has the full front sight and the mount for the rear sight or an RMO) as well. This may have been an "add-on" that didn't come from the factory that way.

Second, the RCOs usually come with the Trijicon Killflash (which isn't pictured). Could still be a TA31RCO just missing that typically included accessory.

Again, there are at least 3 different RCO models and I have no idea which one this one might be. Trijicon should be able to lend a hand with an ID though.

If you look threw it and get real close look at the bottom in the black the model number should be there in the Image..

My TA31F with The PVS24 CNVD,you can see the model at the bottom,The naked eye can read it.
imageuxvq.jpg

By asm1 at 2011-08-19

AS F88AS1/508mm

that's the marking at the bottom

From that I think it's an Australian army issue optic. Austeyr F88, with 508mm (20 inch) barrel

Will contact trijicon for reticle dimensions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AS F88AS1/508mm

that's the marking at the bottom

From that I think it's an Australian army issue optic. Austeyr F88, with 508mm (20 inch) barrel </div></div>

Sounds like it may have been a specific, special item for the Australian Army. Stateside, Trijicon offers the TA31RCO-A4CP for use with the M16/20" barrel. It is "possible" it has the same reticle as the TA31RCO-A4CP in that case, but Trijicon should be able to tell you for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you look threw it and get real close look at the bottom in the black the model number should be there in the Image..
</div></div> Shit, learn something new every day. Now I need to check my TA-01NSN next trip home. Thanks.

Yeah it's on there until my AR upper shows up in the post. Burris fastfire under it.

Bad setup, ACOG is too high on 10/22, no chance of a decent .

Definitely looks like a TA31RCO. All the RCOs that I have ever had , had the caps tethered and if you look through the scope, the right side of the scope should be a bit blurry. I don't know why that is, but the RCOs are all like that. At least the ones I have seen.