• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Precision Bolt Gun Teaser (Now newly announced SABR thread)

Lots of great feedback from everyone here. If you haven't seen it already, the TFBTV video on the chassis/action goes over the feature set.

Now that the show is over and this has been announced, we are happy to answer any questions that have not already been answered and continue dialogue as we continue working towards bringing this product to market!

Nobody here has even seen one. Everyone is who is automatically saying "xyz is better" is ASSuming they know why. NOBODY can speak to the ergonomics, bolt lift, ease of adjustments, etc., etc., etc,. because nobody here has had one in their hands.

It's so fucking juvenile it's pathetic.
Since theyre not really doing anything different youre basing your stance on it magically feeling better?

Keep hope alive.

Unleas they come with something nobody else has. Price point will be the determining factor.

Reactions: reubenski
Seriously, who would possibly want more options in this market? Great job Aero and welcome. I wish you much success and hope your product is as good as it looks at this point.

Reactions: rookie7
Unlike all of you I'm not assuming it will be better or worse. I want to wait to see/hold/work one in my hands.

Capisci?
Us either, we're just calling it what it is. Another 700 clone in a sea of 700 clones and another chassis in a sea of chassis. Its cool that its from Aero, i have Aero products. but not blowing anyones socks of with that. Thats all.

I find the savage straight pull more interesting.

Last edited:
Us either, we're just calling it what it is. Another 700 clone in a sea of 700 clones and another chassis in a sea of chassis. Its cool that its from Aero but not blowing anyones socks of with that. Thats all.
Maybe part of the idea is to get Aero/AR platform fans into the bolt gun arena. Just a guess, seeing how Aero has a pretty large following.

Reactions: AleksanderSuave
Since theyre not really doing anything different youre basing your stance on it magically feeling better?

Keep hope alive.

Unleas they come with something nobody else has. Price point will be the determining factor.
No, he's basing his outlook on the idea that people like you (or most people in general) personally havent even seen the product, or touched it, yet already have formed some kind of definitive opinion, and are posting it here, trying to dissuade others.

I like the Aero stuff I own, and I encourage any competition in the industry, the end consumer only stands to benefit from that.

Last edited:
Another vote for origin thread pattern. Using Savage prefits is great, tapping into the existing shouldered prefit market from Proof, LRI, PVA and others is even better. Industry needs to standardize on this. If I already own a few origin prefits (I do) it's hard to justify getting a new action I can't use any of those barrels on. This was a deciding factor for me between trying a nucleus and buying another origin.

All the other aero products I have bought over the years have been excellent. Very excited to see you guys getting into this market.
Just want to pile on fourth or fifth to this, matching Origin guaranteed headspace would certainly be a selling point for me, and it sounds like many others.

Do you also answer questions for Ballistic Advantage?

Not trying to derail it, but I've tried calling and leaving voicemails. They have a data breach.

My last order was sent back to me, twice now, from some overseas email address. Alarming as whoever this is now has all my personal info from the order..not sure what else. I checked on the owners group on FB and there are quite a few of us who are seeing this..so this isnt a me thing.
are you fking serious? you should get the boot for this man, send him a PM and don't derail with this nonsense

as someone in the market and someone who loves aero products, I'm leaning on a pass here as I don't see how this is better than the seekins at the same price.

Another vote for origin thread pattern. Using Savage prefits is great, tapping into the existing shouldered prefit market from Proof, LRI, PVA and others is even better. Industry needs to standardize on this. If I already own a few origin prefits (I do) it's hard to justify getting a new action I can't use any of those barrels on. This was a deciding factor for me between trying a nucleus and buying another origin.

All the other aero products I have bought over the years have been excellent. Very excited to see you guys getting into this market.
The way we are manufacturing these nuts there will not be any runout between the internal threads and torquing surface. So realistically you would get the same accuracy from proof savage prefit that you would from one of their shouldered pre-fits
Us either, we're just calling it what it is. Another 700 clone in a sea of 700 clones and another chassis in a sea of chassis. Its cool that its from Aero, i have Aero products. but not blowing anyones socks of with that. Thats all.

I find the savage straight pull more interesting.
if we don’t make something with heavy industry support y’all will flame that it’s proprietary and you can’t buy XYZ products. 700 foot prints are heavily supported with after market options so are 20tpi prefit barrels. Innovative…no, intentional….yes

We aren’t trying to blow your socks off but the feature sets are intentional and once we actually release the price I think a lot of you who aren’t impressed will realize what we are doing here. Which is lowering the barrier of entry into a sport we love while retaining premium features of actions that cost several hundred dollars more.

TBH, and this won't just be my opinion.

shouldered prefit barrel is a MUST especially if you plan to do action or barreled action separate

i'd match it to an impact or zermatt pattern. no need to reinvent the wheel. plus the end user can take advantage of endless prefit options
See my comment on runout and barrel nuts but yes I agree we will be holding tolerance for shouldered prefits

are you fking serious? you should get the boot for this man, send him a PM and don't derail with this nonsense
I wasnt trying to derail anything, Im asking him because BA is " operating as a majority owned subsidiary of Aero Precision."

If BA cant answer their own support lines (phone or email), its an issue to ask a rep for help from their owners, for something thats obviously a serious issue?

A data leak is going to affect other their customers, regardless of whether I speak about it in the forum, or by PM. Im not the one who has any control over that.

The way we are manufacturing these nuts there will not be any runout between the internal threads and torquing surface. So realistically you would get the same accuracy from proof savage prefit that you would from one of their shouldered pre-fits

if we don’t make something with heavy industry support y’all will flame that it’s proprietary and you can’t buy XYZ products. 700 foot prints are heavily supported with after market options so are 20tpi prefit barrels. Innovative…no, intentional….yes

We aren’t trying to blow your socks off but the feature sets are intentional and once we actually release the price I think a lot of you who aren’t impressed will realize what we are doing here. Which is lowering the barrier of entry into a sport we love while retaining premium features of actions that cost several hundred dollars more.

There's going to be plenty upset here that what you're doing is making higher end features affordable. The gatekeeping that comes with some of this community is literally a mental illness. They want things to be more expensive so not everyone is shooting equally well made gear, while simultaneously complaining that competitive shooting sport isnt attracting enough new interest.

Plenty of boomers at my local club that act that way too, then get upset when no one shows up to their bullseye practice.

Im excited for the Aero chassis, cant wait to buy one. Maybe even buy a whole rifle setup in 308 once they're released, just to have another solid shooter to practice with. Im sure it will be fantastic just like every other Aero product Ive ever bought.

Still the need for go, no-go gauges?

Was left hand availability already answered?

Welcome to the Hide. The action looks great to me, and im looking forward to playing with one. Already been said, but guaranteed headspace is a must imo.

For

For me the use of a shouldered prefits isn't about accuracy necessarily. It's about ease and speed of swapping barrels. I have Tikka, TL3's, and an AI all set up to swap barrels. None of them wear a barrel that will stay put until it's burned out. By implementing user quick- swappable bolt heads Aero has already positioned themselves to make a platform with a wider range of use. Pls follow thru with the barrels. If you could produce an array of likewise affordable shouldered barrels for your own action then you have created a fairly unique selling point that separates your product from the Mack Bros Evo, Defiance Tenacity, and other actions that might be your competitors and are already on the market. That will provide the "why" to those that are mildly interested but not sold.
I figured the plan was obvious, since the fanbase for the brand is a large portion of DIY builders.

Be able to assemble a half decent rifle without relying on a smith for a rebarrel.

...welcome to the forum, Aero! I look forward to product release. I'm not a "competitor" in any sense, but I do enjoy tinkering and like to build/assemble my own platforms. So far your responses indicate that the "builders" will be fully supported, as well as those that look for complete off-the-shelf platforms. Going with formats/standards that are compatible with the largest existing aftermarkets is appreciated by those that like to tinker and gives us more options, kudos!

Reactions: Aero Precision
This sounds like a excellent goal. I hope that it works out and helps to grow the sport. I know Aero has a big following and hopefully this product gets a few of them into their first custom bolt gun. I like that the action and chassis will be offered à la carte rather than as just another affordable production rifle.

I agree with what a bunch of others have said here:
- Support for shouldered pre-fits is a necessity
- Using Origin tenon dimensions is a good idea

The problem I have encountered with barrel nut systems is that it is too difficult to get the exact same headspace when you take the barrel off and put it back on. 1 thou difference can be enough for your brass to no longer fit right. It is more of a convenience/function issue than accuracy issue. The ability to quickly and easily swap barrels or remove a barrel for cleaning is a big deal.

Still the need for go, no-go gauges?

Was left hand availability already answered?
Pro Tip: You should be go/no-go gauging ALL barrel/action combo's after a switch regardless of action or barrel manufacturer "guarantee." Never ever assume headspace is within spec until its shown to be.

Pro Tip: You should be go/no-go gauging ALL barrel/action combo's after a switch regardless of action or barrel manufacturer "guarantee." Never ever assume headspace is within spec until its shown to be.
Always do, or at least a version: Go, and Go with a couple layers of scotch tape.

A few thoughts:

I know that Show Show coverage stated that the MSRP would be "sub $1k". That's a fairly nebulous statement, which is understandable. Generating buzz and keeping people interested is important, and a lot of us are interested.

I'm guessing at some point there have been conversations between your costing people and the marketing folks to decide where to set the price point while still either breaking even or even taking a controlled loss until enough actions get into the hands of shooters to develop the reputation you guys want.

Given that you're newcomers to the bolt action space, conventional wisdom would expect a significant enough price reduction vs the competition to pull shooters away from that shiny new Origin or Nucleus they want to spend their dollars on and make them come over to you.

And again, given the pictures of the bolt face and the CRF nature of the action, Edit: not CRF :(

My guess is that is precisely the market space you want to break into and those two actions in particular are among the actions you are wanting to compete against.

When can we expect an official MSRP?

Last edited:
And again, given the pictures of the bolt face and the CRF nature of the action, my guess is that is precisely the market space you want to break into and those two actions in particular are among the actions you are wanting to compete against.
How is this a CRF with dual ejectors on the bolt face?

A few thoughts:

I know that Show Show coverage stated that the MSRP would be "sub $1k". That's a fairly nebulous statement, which is understandable. Generating buzz and keeping people interested is important, and a lot of us are interested.

I'm guessing at some point there have been conversations between your costing people and the marketing folks to decide where to set the price point while still either breaking even or even taking a controlled loss until enough actions get into the hands of shooters to develop the reputation you guys want.

Given that you're newcomers to the bolt action space, conventional wisdom would expect a significant enough price reduction vs the competition to pull shooters away from that shiny new Origin or Nucleus they want to spend their dollars on and make them come over to you.

And again, given the pictures of the bolt face and the CRF nature of the action, my guess is that is precisely the market space you want to break into and those two actions in particular are among the actions you are wanting to compete against.

When can we expect an official MSRP?
It’s push feed

Yea
It’s not CRF.
28A66750-0142-4FB1-B7E7-304B927291F8.jpeg

My mistake, I saw that there wasn't a complete ring around the bolt face and mistakenly thought that was for rounds to slide up into position like a CRF action.

@Aero Precision, shouldered pre fits are more desirable to shooters like me because I don’t need to get the go and no-go gauges to swap barrels. If the head space and tenon length matched that of the origin or TL3 you would attract that whole crowd that already has shouldered barrels in the safe waiting for a Beautiful 60 degree bolt throw in a more affordable price range. I think you have a great looking action but matching that tenon length for already available shouldered pre fits would push it over the top.

That's what, a one time $60 - $75 expense?

SMH
I’ve got some. I know what they cost. I don’t drag them to the range if I swap barrels out there.
The fuck you don't.
I guess I’ll just live on the wild side with the other anti-guagers. That’s trade marked. Don’t be using my shit

I saw it and I liked it... a lot!
The entire package that Aero is coming out with is excellent.
Action
700 footprint
3 lug
pick your trigger
interchangeable bolt head
change the barrel at home if you desire or have 3 brain cells
best part sub 1K!
Chassis
multiple QD points on each side
full ARCA
Quick change adjustments for rear stock config, length of pull, cheek height, butt pad
If I remember correctly spigot mount... I might be wrong and I cant remember the price for the chassis

The Areo was my pick for the bolt gun of the show.

The Seekins Hit was the next one in line for innovation the quick change barrel is a super cool design just not in a 700 footprint but a proprietary chassis so that limits it for some people.

Reactions: Aero Precision
I saw it and I liked it... a lot!
The entire package that Aero is coming out with is excellent.
Action
700 footprint
3 lug
pick your trigger
interchangeable bolt head
change the barrel at home if you desire or have 3 brain cells
best part sub 1K!
Chassis
multiple QD points on each side
full ARCA
Quick change adjustments for rear stock config, length of pull, cheek height, butt pad
If I remember correctly spigot mount... I might be wrong and I cant remember the price for the chassis

The Areo was my pick for the bolt gun of the show.

The Seekins Hit was the next one in line for innovation the quick change barrel is a super cool design just not in a 700 footprint but a proprietary chassis so that limits it for some people.
How’d the receiver feel. Cocking effort etc?

@Supersubes I liked it. Seemed smooth, easy. Pretty easy to manipulate that preproduction. Will be a better test once out in the wild ya know. Production line up and going hoping for good QC. It could be a real winner. We all know they have a great reputation in the AR world lets hope it rolls our way!

Reactions: Supersubes
That would make two of us. Hell I'd buy 2 of them
I'm a sucker for the cheapo aero AR builds, small and large frame and follow the reddit gundeals threads.

The large frame enhanced M5 builder sets (upper / lower / rail) are listed at $600+ on the aero site, but I've purchased them ~300, so honestly it's not that far fetched once the shinny wears off.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
LOL, whatever. No way I'm buying gauges for all these barrels...

View attachment 7793649
So your willing to pay $400-800 for barrels but not $50 on a go gauge that unlike barrels last more than a year.

I’m kinda looking forward at seeing one these aero’s.

I like their products and recently updated my pew pew AR9 with one of their new upper receivers, and was pretty happy with it.

Reactions: AleksanderSuave
...............................................................Yes.

Counter argument. What would happen if I received a barrel from a Smith that was 8 thou too long in headspace. Say I didn't check it, screwed it on and fired a round out of it. What would happen when I torch off that round?
First firing unless you account for it with common case forming methods,,,,nothing.
That said eight thou initial expansion is excessive and can greatly reduce case life by promoting case head separations.
And besides the possible loss of case life case head separations are almost always a real pain in the ass and can even cause chamber damage.

Look, if your smith is excellent you’ll likely not need a go gauge but my smith is an idiot and I always check his work.

C73B3C1E-A5A2-4B49-BE09-9F46B89D45E7.jpeg

The classic phrase “trust but verify” is around for good reason.

:)

Last edited:
First firing unless you account for it with common case forming methods,,,,nothing.
That said eight thou initial expansion is excessive and can greatly reduce case life by promoting case head separations.
And besides the possible loss of case life case head separations are almost always a real pain in the ass and can even cause chamber damage.

Look, if your smith is excellent you’ll likely not need a go gauge but my smith is an idiot and I always check his work.

View attachment 7793939
The classic phrase “trust but verify” is around for good reason.

:)
Nice Hardinge Super Precision lathe.

Reactions: Steel head