• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Precision Solus Unboxing on the Live

How much does the action and bolt weigh?
It's solid 416r stainless (receiver and bolt), so it's pretty damn hefty.

I have a couple of spare TriggerTech Field triggers laying around that I pulled from factory Christensen rifles, so I stuck one in it for function testing, and then weighed the other bare so I have a good baseline how much it added to the action.

The TriggerTech 700 Field trigger (700 Clone, no bolt release) weighs 1.85 oz.

IMG_0350.jpeg

The Solus action with a TriggerTech Field trigger in it weighs 2 lbs. 5.85 oz. So, that means the stripped Solus action weighs 2 lbs. 4 oz.

IMG_0351.jpeg

Reactions: 1911Shootist
Oh, I also forgot to mention that I LOVE the trigger install design on this action... No more punches and hammers. It has a saddle system that fits down into the action and is held in place with a recessed T10 torx screw. And the 2 trigger pins are very short and held captive in the design, and fit flush with the saddle walls to hold them in place against the action walls when you push the saddle down into place, and there is ZERO play. You can push them in and out with your fingers.

IMG_0352.jpegIMG_0353.jpegIMG_0354.jpeg

They really thought out the design on these actions, and the machining is pretty damn precise. It's very tight. There's absolute minimal shaft play in the bolt when it's pulled all the way to the rear.

If I'd seen it, I'd have grabbed one for $650
Yeah, I was hoping to snag a 2nd one (I almost bought 2 at the same time), but I decided to hold off and only order one, and then if I liked it, order a 2nd one while on sale... But when I went back to buy a 2nd one, they were sold out. Should have bought them both at the same time, like I had originally planned. 🤦🏼

Reactions: southernpew
Yeah, I was hoping to snag a 2nd one (I almost bought 2 at the same time), but I decided to hold off and only order one, and then if I liked it, order a 2nd one while on sale... But when I went back to buy a 2nd one, they were sold out. Should have bought them both at the same time, like I had originally planned. 🤦🏼
BKings firearms has a couple 6.5creed barreled actions for $809. I’ve ordered a few things from them before and it always ships fast. I’ve also emailed them questions and got instant responses. Seems like a great company to work with

BKings firearms has a couple 6.5creed barreled actions for $809. I’ve ordered a few things from them before and it always ships fast. I’ve also emailed them questions and got instant responses. Seems like a great company to work with
Got a link?

A3E0FEBC-06A3-4284-A1C2-FE4345AD22CA.jpeg

PVA 7mm-08 prefit, Magpul 700 Pro chassis, TT Special flat trigger with the Arken EP5. My daughters “budget” build.

Attachments

• 3599D433-F03E-43A3-8C47-24DFC695BCDE.jpeg
    3599D433-F03E-43A3-8C47-24DFC695BCDE.jpeg
    370.5 KB · Views: 87
Has anyone done a side by side with these compared to an Origin?

Who makes their barrels?
Seems to be an aero precision barrel but I hir
No, but I do know the Solus uses Origin/Bighorn shouldered prefit barrels.
I’m curious if you or others are seeing that origin prefits are headspacing properly. I know proof is making dedicated Solus prefits which some people have interpreted as the origins not always fitting correctly 🤔

Reactions: FuhQ and oldnewguy
Seems to be an aero precision barrel but I hir

I’m curious if you or others are seeing that origin prefits are headspacing properly. I know proof is making dedicated Solus prefits which some people have interpreted as the origins not always fitting correctly 🤔
yeah multiple people have had headspace problems from Origin prefits. i'd assume Aero is/has taken care of it

They just released the magnum Solus actions. I called to see i could get just the magnum bolt head and they said no had to buy the whole action. I told them I already had 3 standard Solus action and just wanted a mag bolt head. I then asked if they planned on selling the bolt heads separately at some point and she said she didn’t know.

Reactions: Gingerbeard-man
They just released the magnum Solus actions. I called to see i could get just the magnum bolt head and they said no had to buy the whole action. I told them I already had 3 standard Solus action and just wanted a mag bolt head. I then asked if they planned on selling the bolt heads separately at some point and she said she didn’t know.
I’ve have not been impressed with aero customer service in the past. Bummer to hear they won’t sell it separate

Not much point in interchangeable bolt heads if we can’t get them.
Pretty shitty in my book to list interchangeable bolt heads and then not have them available upon release of the product. So, when will this feature be available, 2-3yrs from now?!

I wish they would make a lefty version. I want one so bad I can taste it but when I spoke to aero they had no plans for wrong handed versions any time soon.

yeah multiple people have had headspace problems from Origin prefits. i'd assume Aero is/has taken care of it
Yes if they contact us we will send you a new bolt head. Some of the Bolt heads escaped with out grind, We are now 100% CMMing the bolt heads along with the action so there wont be any more issues.

Yes if they contact us we will send you a new bolt head. Some of the Bolt heads escaped with out grind, We are now 100% CMMing the bolt heads along with the action so there wont be any more issues.
It’s good to see you are helping customers with the ones that slipped through the cracks and that you addressed the issue going forward.

Reactions: Gingerbeard-man
If anyone is having headspace issues have them email me at the below and I will get them taken care of.

[email protected]
Any idea on a S/N range that could have been affected. Mine happens to be a fairly early S/N, and I noticed that (without a barrel on it, as I still have not ordered my barrel yet) when I try to run the action fast it has a bit of a bind to it on some runs... For reference, it is mounted in a Solus chassis, just no barrel on it yet.

Also, any chances of making some prefit 20" 5R 1:7 twist .25 Creedmoor barrels with the Alpha Munitions reamers? I'd be down for one. 👍🏼

Also, just a heads-up, when using a Solus chassis on a 700 or Christensen Arms action, you'll need to grind about 1/16" off the front action screw to make it fit right and not bind the bolt. That might be worth looking into for future production.

Any idea on a S/N range that could have been affected. Mine happens to be a fairly early S/N, and I noticed that (without a barrel on it, as I still have not ordered my barrel yet) when I try to run the action fast it has a bit of a bind to it on some runs... For reference, it is mounted in a Solus chassis, just no barrel on it yet.

Also, any chances of making some prefit 20" 5R 1:7 twist .25 Creedmoor barrels with the Alpha Munitions reamers? I'd be down for one. 👍🏼

Also, just a heads-up, when using a Solus chassis on a 700 or Christensen Arms action, you'll need to grind about 1/16" off the front action screw to make it fit right and not bind the bolt. That might be worth looking into for future production.
the normal chassis company solution to all the different action/action screw needs is to include an optional washer. beats grinding down a bolt

Just a heads up for all Solus owners, Aero has a 35% off sale for some of their tools. Snagged a wrench and vise block for my Solus for under $90 shipped.

Ill have to touch back on the SN range, I noticed that too about certain actions so I included a spacer kit with the chassis, if you need one let me know.

Reactions: FuhQ

Also, on the .25 Creedmoor comment. We are letting our barrel partners handle those types of calibers. Could we make them, yes, but it makes more sense for us to push people to barrel companies.

Ill have to touch back on the SN range, I noticed that too about certain actions so I included a spacer kit with the chassis, if you need one let me know.
Sounds good. I've already hand-filed the screws down for proper fitment to ensure I didn't remove too many threads. It's ok, I'm a former professional metal fabricator. 👍🏼

Reactions: John.Warren4
Also, on the .25 Creedmoor comment. We are letting our barrel partners handle those types of calibers. Could we make them, yes, but it makes more sense for us to push people to barrel companies.
While we're discussing the prefits, I've read a few folks online having headspace issues with Bighorn/Origin shouldered prefits. Was this ever determined to be a barrel issue (chambered too deep), or was it an early S/N issue on the action side? The reason I ask, is some companies offer Aero Solus threading patterns for prefits, and others only offer Bighorn/Origin/TL3 shouldered prefits. Just wanted to make sure it would work if I ordered a Bighorn/Origin barrel for it.

Also, is the correct barrel/action torque spec 75 ft. lbs. like most?

While we're discussing the prefits, I've read a few folks online having headspace issues with Bighorn/Origin shouldered prefits. Was this ever determined to be a barrel issue (chambered too deep), or was it an early S/N issue on the action side? The reason I ask, is some companies offer Aero Solus threading patterns for prefits, and others only offer Bighorn/Origin/TL3 shouldered prefits. Just wanted to make sure it would work if I ordered a Bighorn/Origin barrel for it.

There was one post about it as far as I know. Aero found few bolts missed a machining step and promptly fixed the issue and upped their QC checks to include that inspection point.

I’m not sure why Proof has both options listed.

There was one post about it as far as I know. Aero found few bolts missed a machining step and promptly fixed the issue and upped their QC checks to include that inspection point.

I’m not sure why Proof has both options listed.
it's logical for proof to have solus marked barrels and advertising. 'hey you can get a prefit for that' fudd googles solus prefit and finds nothing, not realizing it takes origin prefits

I’m curious about this as well, Ive got an action from the first 1000 and I have a barrel on order but it’ll be awhile before I can even check if there’s a headspace issue with my bolt. Would be great to be able to take care of it prior to the barrel showing up and then having more downtime.

John,

Any plans for a long action?

Have one Solus. May need another in LA.

Thanks

I’m curious about this as well, Ive got an action from the first 1000 and I have a barrel on order but it’ll be awhile before I can even check if there’s a headspace issue with my bolt. Would be great to be able to take care of it prior to the barrel showing up and then having more downtime.
Is someone with a known good Solus wanted to post the depth of their bolt face, I’d think that measurement might tell you if yours is good or not. I’d do it if I had one.

It wasn't a barrel issue. We worked closely with Proof to ensure cross-compatibility. Some bolt heads escaped the grind op, making them out of spec. We now CMM every bolt head and receiver to ensure that does not happen. If someone has an issue we will replace it with a new bolt head no questions asked.