• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Precision Solus Unboxing on the Live

I’m curious about this as well, Ive got an action from the first 1000 and I have a barrel on order but it’ll be awhile before I can even check if there’s a headspace issue with my bolt. Would be great to be able to take care of it prior to the barrel showing up and then having more downtime.
Mine is in the first 500…. So I’m curious, as well.

Yes, we are getting the first protos off of the line to start testing and validation. We will also be adding a lightweight version to both short and long action
THAT (LW version) will be nice! I weighed one of mine on my hunting rifle, and it added like 3.5 lbs! I was like, NOPE! I’m not rucking a 12 lbs. rifle anymore. 😂

Reactions: John.Warren4
Are yal going make .223 and Grendel bolt heads?
A Solus Mini action that still fits in a full size 700 SA footprint (think RimX and VooDoo .22’s) that still uses the full size MDT AICS 6 ARC & .223 mags, would be awesome for 6 ARC and 6.5 Grendel. And I would for sure build a bolt-action .223 and .300 BLK out of one! 👍🏼

Other than some reengineering to the bolt pull length and the ejection port size, it would be identical to a regular SA Solus action.

Yes, we are getting the first protos off of the line to start testing and validation. We will also be adding a lightweight version to both short and long-action
I may have missed the is in another thread, but is a butt stock hinge for your chassis being released at some point?

Id definitely like to see 6 ARC and 223 versions of the Solus as well.

Reactions: YotaEer and FuhQ
Does anyone know if using a Criterion barrel that I normally would do with the Remage threaded barrel (and nut), would that fit the Solus action. Or would a Savage shanked barrel fit? Also, in the box for just the action it looks like it comes with a barrel nut, correct?

Does anyone know if using a Criterion barrel that I normally would do with the Remage threaded barrel (and nut), would that fit the Solus action. Or would a Savage shanked barrel fit? Also, in the box for just the action it looks like it comes with a barrel nut, correct?
It uses either a Savage Small-Shank with the barrel nut (nut and wrench provided in the box if you buy just the action), or you can have a shouldered-prefit made and headspaced for a Zermatt Origin. Either will work. Personally, I am not a fan of barrel nuts, I much prefer shouldered barrels that are torqued on. But that's just my preference.

No, it will not Remages are a different thread size than savage small shanks, a number of manufacturers, including Criterion, make small shanks, and Zermat Origin prefits.

@John.Warren4 Any updated ETA on the magnum LA Solus actions and chassis? I'm needing one for a 24" Proof CF 1:8 twist 7 PRC build... 😏

Also, here's a video of my FDE Solus chassis on my R700 5R .260... I love the way this build turned out. Feel free to like, share, and embed the video if you ever want to use it for something. 👍🏼

IMG_1288.jpeg

IMG_1289.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok, just ordered a barreled action. Hoping it ships out soon!

I think they released the long action and folding hinge adapter.......
What makes you say that? I know it’s in the works. But haven’t seen anything on their website indicating those have been released.

I do see a .478 bolt head offered on their website now. No long action though.

I got to drinking and wanted to stir shit up. 😆 🤣. They haven't released that stuff yet you potatoes heads

If you are going to sell the folding mech separate for the original style Solus chassis, then I'm gonna need about 3 of them... 2 black, 1 FDE... 😂

Hoping for an answer on how this will work. Holding off on buying until I find out.

Just a heads up that if you buy the bare action the included barrel nut may be undersized. The inside diameter of miy nut is 1.056 and it is too small to fit on two different savage small shank barrels that I have. Outside diameter on one I 1.060 and another is 1.065 so now I need a different nut. I have been unable to reach aero to try to get a replacement from them. Maybe they will see this and address it.

BKings firearms has a couple 6.5creed barreled actions for $809. I’ve ordered a few things from them before and it always ships fast. I’ve also emailed them questions and got instant responses. Seems like a great company to work with
Yes BKings Firearms is great to do business with. Very helpful and as you said prompt responses.

If anyone is still looking, Primary Arms has actions for $619 in stock right now.

Reactions: 1911Shootist
Aero has the black competition for $1100!?

I guess I'm trying a 308 now, or should I do a 6cm?

Smoking deal on the complete Solus Bravo rifle right now, I almost thing they may have messed up their pricing… I took the plunge, we’ll see if it works out.

Attachments

• IMG_3312.jpeg
    IMG_3312.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 128
Aero is showing all the Bravos for $1,259. 6.5cm,6cm and 308.

They do a 6.5 PRC and I'm going!

Add it to cart and it drops below $1k

Edit: Beat! Yep with tax and transfer still under $1k

Apparently it was a glitch… It’s no longer showing the Chassis rifle at $1,100 or the 30% discount anymore in the cart. Now its showing $1,504…

Damn! Should have bought one! 🤦🏼

Maybe it was a "doorbuster"

Aero Precision: Our Black Friday Sale is LIVE 🔥 30% OFF SITEWIDE + Deep Discounting on Select SOLUS, Doorbuster Deals, and MORE!

Probably a glitch though. 30off $2149 list is $1504 and 30off $1504 is $1053 which was my total before tax...

Last edited:
I grabbed one in 6CM. I have a 6.5CM rig I like, so it was an easy to justify another rifle in a different 'flavor'

I ordered one in 308. See if they honor it. $1500 isn't bad with the chassis and triggertech but I'd probably hold off at that price

I was at work and got busy. I went to do something and they changed it by time I got back. I don’t need another rifle anyway. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Modoc
Damn,
You lucky bastards! That's like buying the action with a trigger and getting a decent stock, mag and bbl for free.

Can't even get a CTR for that cheap