• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Precision Solus Unboxing on the Live

Primary comes in the competition models, 1.5-4lb. I believe the bravo models come with an Aero creation of the r700 trigger.

Thanks guys. The whole rifle can be pieced together without the trigger for $150 less. I prefer the Special so looks like I’ll pick up a barreled action and the chassis separately and put the $150 saved towards a TT special.

@John.Warren4 Will the new long-action Solus and chassis, and the lightweight hunter chassis be debuting that SHOT this week? I'm waiting on that magnum long-action to build my 7mm PRC on...

@John.Warren4 Will the new long-action Solus and chassis, and the lightweight hunter chassis be debuting that SHOT this week? I'm waiting on that magnum long-action to build my 7mm PRC on...
Is “long action” the only difference in the V2 coming out? I know they mentioned an abbreviated rail as an option on the hunter actions but I wasn’t sure if there were more enhancements to come.

I want the short action but don’t want to buy a V1 and see a V2 in 2 months. 😂

Is “long action” the only difference in the V2 coming out? I know they mentioned an abbreviated rail as an option on the hunter actions but I wasn’t sure if there were more enhancements to come.

I want the short action but don’t want to buy a V1 and see a V2 in 2 months. 😂
Personally, I don't like interrupted rails, but that's just me... The full-rail is stronger and more rigid. But it's more personal preference, because the Solus is built like a tank, regardless.

I saw that they did release videos of a long-action at SHOT, so I'm excited now. I can finally get my PRC build underway once I can buy a magnum LA. Hopefully with a full 20 MOA rail on top.

It uses either a Savage Small-Shank with the barrel nut (nut and wrench provided in the box if you buy just the action), or you can have a shouldered-prefit made and headspaced for a Zermatt Origin. Either will work. Personally, I am not a fan of barrel nuts, I much prefer shouldered barrels that are torqued on. But that's just my preference.
I just want to double check before I order.
Does this mean that Zermat Origin barrels are a direct “bolt on” to Aero Solus actions?

Thanks. That will all be done before final assembly.

I keep getting the question ‘what is the shank diameter?’ Anyone know?

I won’t be using a barrel nut.
I’m going to be using a WTO switch lug system.

I just want to double check before I order.
Does this mean that Zermat Origin barrels are a direct “bolt on” to Aero Solus actions?
Just to specify, most companies are now offering Aero Solus prefits, and not just Zermatt Origin. Not sure if there is any difference, but I'd tell the person building the barrel that it's an Aero Solus, and not a Zermatt Origin.

Here is what you need to give them, if you're having a smith custom build you a Solus prefit barrel, and they are not sure the dimensions... This is straight from Aero Precision...

Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 6.34.22 PM.png

Just to specify, most companies are now offering Aero Solus prefits, and not just Zermatt Origin. Not sure if there is any difference, but I'd tell the person building the barrel that it's an Aero Solus, and not a Zermatt Origin.

Here is what you need to give them, if you're having a smith custom build you a Solus prefit barrel, and they are not sure the dimensions... This is straight from Aero Precision...

View attachment 8418248

I was told they did it just to simplify it because people arnt always the brightest

But i am running an orgin proof prefit on my solus and checked headspace and was good to go

Reactions: FuhQ
I was told they did it just to simplify it because people arnt always the brightest

But i am running an orgin proof prefit on my solus and checked headspace and was good to go
Yep, I know they're the same, because Aero said they were the same, but sometimes it's best to just verify the specs with the barrel builder just incase they have some weird specs that aren't 100% accurate.