• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Again, has anyone heard from Chad Dixon?

slickyboyboo

Private
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2011
I have sent him 3 PMs, I've emailed him, and when I call he doesn't answer. He's had a bolt of mine for fluting, and a new handle, for 15 weeks. I think that is a bit ridiculous, and now he won't contact me. If anyone hears from him, please tell him to contact me.

Re: Again, has anyone heard from Chad Dixon?

Yeah really, all since that post.

Just talked to him today about 3 hours ago. He's busy as shit I do know that.

Relax, and then relax some more, he will get back to ya.

Settle man, he's a busy man. You'll get it back and totally as you would expect, perfect job.
Chad doesnt f**k around.

I have heard from both Chad and Garrett THREE times this week.

Chad does not mess around. He has built his company up with a solid customer support philosophy.

I am sure he will chime in, looks like he has been posting in the last few hours.

Talked to him today... Don't know what your problem is getting a hold of him...

Talked to him this week & he PM'd me a couple times - Chad is busy as hell - he didn't forget about ya.

Like someone stated above, you'll get your bolt & it'll be perfect!!

Don't know Chad but in reading his post's on here he seems top notch..
He's on here all the time. Be Patient like others have said. I think your wait will be rewarded with perfection...

Greasing an axle with sand and gravel does NOT progress to 'smooth running'.

Just a thought. Do some research on the topic, and you may be surprised as to what you may find. Soothed, even.

I talked to him last week....he answered the phone when I called. Spent 20 or 25 GREAT GUY!

Good luck NOT hearing from Chad Dixon!
wink.gif

Nearly everytime I call I get a hold of him. He currently is barreling an action for me and I couldnt ask for a nicer gunsmith. He has taken the time to answer all my questions and made me feel glad I sent him my rifle.

I cant wait to get my rifle in.

I still haven't heard anything from him, it has been since Nov 9th the last time he contacted me, and I have tried to get up with him on numerous occasions with no luck.

Call him - he usually answers the phone if he can!!

Am I the only one sensing some malicious intent? Because honestly with all these people vouching for him, and him posting dang near daily, I find it hard to really believe he's not been in touch since november 9th. Impossible really to believe with all the people backing up having had been in contact with him. It all just seems a little too good to be true. If it's a personal vendetta you're going after, man up, and if you're just stinked that he has had your stuff for a long time, call it like it is and say that. No need to attack on other fronts.

If you are really having that much trouble getting in touch with him, good luck.

I had a barrel and action arrive at his office on Monday. I talked to him on the phone today and he PM'ed me that it was headed out tomorrow. Thats some fast turn around and great service.

I talked to him last week, he is building a Palma rifle for my daughter, and I am sending him a rifle to barrel. He has always answered the phone when I call, and makes me feel guilty after our conversations because I kept him on the phone so long.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buds444</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one sensing some malicious intent? Because honestly with all these people vouching for him, and him posting dang near daily, I find it hard to really believe he's not been in touch since november 9th. Impossible really to believe with all the people backing up having had been in contact with him. It all just seems a little too good to be true. If it's a personal vendetta you're going after, man up, and if you're just stinked that he has had your stuff for a long time, call it like it is and say that. No need to attack on other fronts.

If you are really having that much trouble getting in touch with him, good luck.

</div></div>

No malicious intent at all, just trying to figure out why everyone has had contact with him, and had a fast turn around, where I hadn't.

I actually got up with Chad today, and yes, it's been since Nov 9th that we had last contact. However, he appologized for any headaches, and said he is waiting on a handle, and will stop everything when it arrives, to finish up my work. I told him, I was holding him to having it done by next week.

I talked to him yesterday, barely hear him because of the noise in the back round. I'm sure you're going to hear from him. Stuff takes time, hell he's been working on my rifle for quite some time, but i know he's going to get it done.

slickyboyboo: I had the same problem with getting a bolt fluted and knob put on. After two months of waiting and calling several times, I finally got my bolt back. At first I looked at the bolt and noticed a great job but then, where the hell is the bolt knob. I even checked it to make sure it was my bolt 223. I was but what the hell again, all of the internals were missing. I called Chad again and he said to send it back and "I'll just have to eat it." Eat what? I paid in advanced to get the whole job done. After another month I just got fed up and left a voicemail to just send the bolt back, with the rest of the money. After another week I called him back and he said the bolt was being finished on friday and mail. After another week (familiar story) I called back and the bolt was shipped Tue or Wed. What happened to friday? Another week and I finally got by bolt back after not shooting all summer. The knob was huge and fluted but, the internals were missing again. Called again and he would overnight the part. He did! Sorry for the long rant. Quality of work - excellent. Customer service - terrible. Would I use him again NO. This was a meat and potatoes job and he wants all the gravy jobs. The small jobs are what keep you going in any market. Now to true up my receiver, bolt and new barrel, next year, will be with some one else. Again sorry the the post, and I wouldn't have said anything if it hadn't been for others with similar complaints

You know what? Your absolutely 100% correct Madman. I did exactly everything you said. In short, I dropped the ball.

It sucks. I don't have an excuse. I'm not making one now.

You have every right to be pissed, irked, annoyed.

Now lets clarify a few things.

I'm not a "job shop". We build rifles here. I initiated group buys for several reasons. To build our clientele and to generate revenue from the recent move.

To date we've fluted over 600 bolts. We've installed over 300 bolt knobs. Kalli did the bulk of the fluting and I've done every knob personally.

To the best of my knowledge there have been 7 people annoyed, pissed, disappointed with the work, service, outcome.

It sucks, I'm not happy about it, and it's too late to do anything about now.

HOWEVER in a grand panoramic view kind of perspective that equates to a failure percentage that is quite low. If my numbers are right its less than a percent.

It sucks but at the same time compare that with any other shop turning that kind of volume/quality and see where their numbers fall. I don't ever want to fall into a "bean counter" mentality but as a business owner you quickly learn that those kinds of thought processes exist for a reason.

Given a choice between forgetting to mail a fire control, solder a handle, or screwing someone out of a deposit for 24+ months, I think the lesser of evils is pretty self explanatory. By and large we deliver. Period.

Enjoy your day.

C.

Shit happens, or so I have been told. Sometimes you just have to get the "F" over it. From what I have seen on here Chad and crew are doing a very good job. But the fact of the matter is people some times make mistakes, its how they handle the mistakes after they are made that sets the good apart form the bad IMO. Keep up the good work LongRifles and keep the threads coming!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know what? Your absolutely 100% correct Madman. I did exactly everything you said. In short, I dropped the ball.

It sucks. I don't have an excuse. I'm not making one now.

You have every right to be pissed, irked, annoyed.

Now lets clarify a few things.

I'm not a "job shop". We build rifles here. I initiated group buys for several reasons. To build our clientele and to generate revenue from the recent move.

To date we've fluted over 600 bolts. We've installed over 300 bolt knobs. Kalli did the bulk of the fluting and I've done every knob personally.

To the best of my knowledge there have been 7 people annoyed, pissed, disappointed with the work, service, outcome.

It sucks, I'm not happy about it, and it's too late to do anything about now.

HOWEVER in a grand panoramic view kind of perspective that equates to a failure percentage that is quite low. If my numbers are right its less than a percent.

It sucks but at the same time compare that with any other shop turning that kind of volume/quality and see where their numbers fall. I don't ever want to fall into a "bean counter" mentality but as a business owner you quickly learn that those kinds of thought processes exist for a reason.

Given a choice between forgetting to mail a fire control, solder a handle, or screwing someone out of a deposit for 24+ months, I think the lesser of evils is pretty self explanatory. By and large we deliver. Period.

Enjoy your day.

C. </div></div>
That's really good you have the guts to admit to a mistake. I wish other gunsmiths would do the same.

With all you guys breathing down his neck how does he ever get any work done? He has to stop answering the phone sometime to get stuff out the door.

Just finished silver soldering the new handle on. Soon as it cools we'll blast it, coat it, and box her up.

Should leave today if we hustle.

LOL,Enough

I don't want the man rushing thru my shit to get to yours.
I want him to take as much time as he needs.

As long as i get it back before the Zombie Apocalypse.

“To the best of my knowledge there have been 7 people annoyed, pissed, disappointed with the work, service, outcome”

Chad, I sent you 2 Savage bolts to be fluted, one RH, one LH. Got the bolts back in a timely fashion as promised in your group buy, however both bolts had the bolt head on for RH. I emailed you and you replied within minutes telling how to fix.

Just wanted to say, if I am considered one of the 7, you need to either change that to a 6 or add “thought it was humorous” to the description.

Chad,
I got the bolt today. I will say, we had our hiccups on turnaround and all, but the work is definitely superb. If it runs, half as good as it looks, we are, no doubt, in business!

Thanks,

Kudos for following up publicity to show he is G2G.

Regards,
Greyson