• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing AI CIP mags VS. Standard AI mags

tacsniper0888

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2012
Hey guys. I'm wondering what the difference is between the Accuracy International CIP mags and the regular Accuracy International mags? Thanks guys.

Re: AI CIP mags VS. Standard AI mags

Length of the magazine. You can load your rounds longer in the cip

I'm shooting a .338 win mag which has a shorter case head to shoulder length than the .300 win mag so it will interchange with the .300 win or .338 Lapua magazines either one. My max overall length is 3.627 which is 0.020" off the lands but longer than the sammi coal spec. I'm seating long because I'm shooting long VLD type bullets similar to the berger's. Should I get the standard or CIP mags? Thanks guys.

3.645" is about the absolute limit in a non-CIP .338LM AICS mag, but I wouldn't count on it feeding consistently at that length. I load to 3.625" COAL without any problems, so I think you will be OK with your present recipe.

Do I need to order the .300 win mag magazine or the .338 Lapua?

338 Win slides out the back of Lapua mags. I'll be ordering Winny mags for my 338 once the CDI DBM gets here.