• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

AICS and extra rails

6Dasher

Minuteman
Apr 25, 2005
Netherlands
Hi,

Does anyone know who makes rails like the one in the link? I mean the one jst in front of the scope rail (not the one over the scope). I am looking to place a small dot sight to allow quick change in aim method.

k9etr6.jpg

(Forty-One's nice rifle!)

Re: AICS and extra rails

That is a very nice rifle, and the rail you are looking for is made by badger Ordanace, for about $350.00

EDIT: Sorry, not the rail you were talking about

i believe that is actually part of the recoil lug but i can't remember who makes it.

where can i find more information on that rifle though?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M4guru</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surgeon tri-rail</div></div>

Yea that's the Surgeon Tri-Rail....

The rifle picture came from the "show me your 20 inchers" topic here on SH, from member Forty-One.

Thanks for the info guys! Just looked at the Surgeon site and found what I was looking for.

Just FYI, this part requires gunsmithing to install. The barrel has to be pulled to put it on from what I remember.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M4guru</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just FYI, this part requires gunsmithing to install. The barrel has to be pulled to put it on from what I remember. </div></div>

if it does indeed replace the recoil lug like i think it does, then absolutely. the length of the shank and headspace will almost certainly change. this would be something to have installed at the time of a new build or barrel install.

Surgeons have an integral recoil lug, but I guess the Remmy 700 does. I never really looked into it.

That's a Larue STOMP.

KAC front is around $650, $600 for a STOMP, $300 for a Surgeon...

It pays to have options...

I'm going for the loose siderail ($60) as I only need it on one side. Thanks for the heads-up on the recoil lug and not fitting as is, saved me a bundle!