• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing aics stock?

firefoot12

Private
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2011
Ok before I get flamed I searched for 2days no results, got my aics 1.5 Tue. Installed fine no problems but there is this block perturding past the skins in line with chassis its where the aics bipod would go every one I see is flush but mine. Does anyone know how to take it off or make it set flush.sorry no pics camera is broke.thanks

Re: aics stock?

thanks man i didnt know that the sling plate would pull out really didnt want to brake it befor i got to shoot it.lol

You did fine with asking so don't worry. What you have is the new AICS XL, which means it has the XL block for a NV mount to attach to and you can still install the AI bipod, Harris or others bipods easily. It is completely normal and fine so not sure why you want to remove it. If you do remove it, there will be a big void there and I don't recommend it. If you really don't want the XL block, why don't you PM, email or call me and we can assist you with a replacement.

Yeah its a bit more to just removing skins and punching the roll pin out. That block is keyed, the front sling plate is locked in by the block, a rubber button makes removing the sling plate very difficult without putting some oil on it, and the block has to be tapped forward about 1/4" as well. LMK if you need assistance.

Thanks stacey,its fine with me I just thought they came like that and you could slide it back flush or take off depending on what you want.its not that big of deal .I'm glad it dosent move because I spent two days trying to figure it out and couldn't get to I really didn't want someone to tell me it takes two sec and your done.lol

Understand. Nope its a bit more than that and is locked in solid. Some customers like them and other do not obviously but it would be nice for the NV users if we ever get the NV mount that goes with it. Otherwise, if you do decide you want to replace it, just let me know and we can get it taken care of. Have a great weekend to all.