• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    CAE3BD5C-2EEB-4101-89FA-B546904D124F-1440x1080.jpeg
    Hanging out enjoying the views

Wow, what an incredible trip to Alaska! Was it a hunting trip, was it a float, well it was really just an education for me. I’m a city guy, and my Marine Corps time is well in the rearview mirror. I honestly can’t remember the last time I went camping, let alone doing anything like I did this past week. How it really came about is all about one person, Karin Hendrickson.

I met Karin at the Sheep Creek Lodge near Willow several years ago. The story is quite comical in many ways but far too long to write about now. If you don’t know Karin, you need to google her story because it’s insane on its own. She is an Iditarod Musher who has entered the race 9 times now. But that is only 1/2 her story; after her 4th race, she was hit by a car head-on...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
    Wow, Frank, what a journey. I really enjoyed the read and your photos are also spectacular. Damn, shooting a 10mm handgun at a charging Grizzly. Fuck, you can keep that. I had a little black bear piss on my tent once when I was canoeing in Canada and that was excitement enough. Glad your back in one piece and it sounds like a good bit better off in the soul for the experience.

Thoroughly enjoyed that Frank. Would’ve loved to hear the cussing she was doing when the bears were charging! Lol

Just completed your class this past weekend Frank and you were the best part of it! We're so very fortunate, great story. Keep on keeping on bother!
    Matt