• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alleges Theft of Valor

So, in other words, you are on a discussion about stolen valor, something you have zero experience with; however, you feel that your opinions on how others who currently serve or served in the military should handle such incidents should carry any weight. By all means, post up your contact info so that in case a "real" conflict kicks off, we can be sure and give you a call.

So, in other words, you are on a discussion about stolen valor, something you have zero experience with; however, you feel that your opinions on how others who currently serve or served in the military should handle such incidents should carry any weight. By all means, post up your contact info so that in case a "real" conflict kicks off, we can be sure and give you a call.

Nah, do you know what valor even is?

I didn’t need trophies as a child for doing my job, don’t need them as a man, and what I have done doesn’t require others reaffirmation, nor does some crazy wearing a hat threaten it.

So over 2 decades and you basically did BLS work?

I worked if a very ALS setting for a good while, one with a higher risk setting, but private and saving mainstreet Americans, I could give a fuck if some bum wanted to wear one of our hats.

Last edited:
Got to where I am in the private sector on my own, and I’m proud to say it didn’t require the forced funding of taxpayers/mainstreet.

I could do better than enlisting and there hasn’t been a legitimate war in my lifetime, not one I was going to want anything to do with, I don’t care that much about helping the defense stock tickers, and if I was to fuck my code as a man and go to kill randoms for profit/“free” college, I hear the cartels pay way better.

Now if we find our balls as a nation and decide to put china back in its box, I’ll be the first fucker to sign up.

What a man, don't break your wrist patting yourself on the shoulder.
271221454_321295816589057_5498080733010700400_n.jpg

Nah, do you know what valor even is?

I didn’t need trophies as a child for doing my job, don’t need them as a man, and what I have done doesn’t require others reaffirmation, nor does some crazy wearing a hat threaten it.

So over 2 decades and you basically did BLS work?

I can respect your attitude, but volunteering to go into harms way and dealing with what comes with it is an order of magnitude more interesting and a much higher achievement than jacking off in your office every day.

I got to go through my dads stuff when he passed. Three combat tours. Half his friends killed. And others wounded and maimed. Six diaries I stayed up overnight reading. I saw him break down for an hour at the wall. Never a scratch on him but all those memories scarred him for life. So go fuck yourself

I can respect your attitude, but volunteering to go into harms way and dealing with what comes with it is an order of magnitude more interesting and a much higher achievement than jacking off in your office every day.

I got to go through my dads stuff when he passed. Three combat tours. Half his friends killed. And others wounded and maimed. Six diaries I stayed up overnight reading. I saw him break down for an hour at the wall. Never a scratch on him but all those memories scarred him for life. So go fuck yourself

During college volunteered as a structural fire fighter, later volunteered as a medic, and I’m not going to get into what I do for a living but it’s a looooong ways from a office, much more risk than say LE.

I didn’t do it for a fucking badge or other flare, and the saves me and my buddies made can’t be taken away by a bum wearing a hat. It’s always those who did little who make it their damn identity, like dude you were a fucking cook, or EMT-B on a ship, probably still have their varsity jacket from high school 🙄

During college volunteered as a structural fire fighter, later volunteered as a medic, and I’m not going to get into what I do for a living but it’s a looooong ways from a office, much more risk than say LE.

I didn’t do it for a fucking badge or other flare, and the saves me and my buddies made can’t be taken away by a bum wearing a hat. It’s always those who did little who make it their damn identity, like dude you were a fucking cook, or EMT-B on a ship, probably still have their varsity jacket from high school 🙄

I have my Firefighter badges too. So what. I climbed big walls and did alpine and ice climbing. And took clients up a lot of stuff. Again so what.

Means nothing to me when compared to my time in the Army or my other family members time. I had uncles who jumped into Anzio and were wounded. And my time means nothing next to those who died or were maimed or had time downrange.

It’s not about merit badges that you seem stuck on.

Saw a turd wearing a Ranger tab ballcap a few years back, took about 4 seconds to sniff his ass out. Told him he could take off the cap and leave it, or I would call him out in front of what was probably close to 50 vets (some cars and coffee thing a buddy drug me to). He took it off, handed it to my buddy, and got in his car and left. Never understood claiming what you didn't earn.

In the mid-1990's, our ANG Combat Comm unit was on Ft. Lewis for something the Air Force called "Combat Readiness Training". We lived on north fort in old WWII barracks and wandered the woods trying to improve our skills before a trip to South America. We had some turd from Portland ANG who was in the army and claimed to be a Vietnam vet, said he was a "Ranger". Walking around with a fake Ranger tab on Ft. Lewis is a good way to get your rotten teeth knocked out of your stupid head and he persisted.

Some Rangers including their SGM were spending their days persecuting a bunch of ROTC shitheads in the barracks next door. Those fucktards were sober and living in a dry barracks and complained to the SGM about us, sitting drinking and bbq-ing while they suffered 20 feet away. The Sergeant Major came over to ask us to move it to the other side of the barracks and I offered to introduce him to our very own Ranger. He seemed intrigued in the same way a lion is when a lame wildebeest wanders by. We called the poseur out front and let him meet the man.

Let's just say, it only took a minute of semi-polite conversation before that ranger tab was cut off and handed over to the boss and someone shut their mouth for the next 10 days.

I have my Firefighter badges too. So what. I climbed big walls and did alpine and ice climbing. And took clients up a lot of stuff. Again so what.

Means nothing to me when compared to my time in the Army or my other family members time. I had uncles who jumped into Anzio and were wounded. And my time means nothing next to those who died or were maimed or had time downrange.

It’s not about merit badges that you seem stuck on.

So why do you care if some poor bastard with obvious mental issues wears your work uniform?

*also I never got a badge, maybe I should ask for a refund lol

Is your mom that dry?

Or do you fantasize about me going to dom your dad or something?
Absolutely, we cremated her in 03, I'm sure that amount would successfully reanimate the remains.

Why not old recon marine, he's probably in to that shit.

What are these "top 5 dangerous jobs" you speak of? Fisherman in Alaska, logger, iron worker or farmer?

Absolutely, we cremated her in 03, I'm sure that amount would successfully reanimate the remains.

Why not old recon marine, he's probably in to that shit.

What are these "top 5 dangerous jobs" you speak of? Fisherman in Alaska, logger, iron worker or farmer?

Pretty easy to look up

Also never heard of any of them losing their shit over someone pretending to have the same job

Had a SSgt (USAF E-5) working for me in Korea that went out of his way to get every medal/ribbon available to him. He would volunteer for deployments if it might get extra decorations for his ribbon rack. He was a decent guy, not much of a worker though. Dude had more skittles on his chest than almost every CMSgt. I was "that guy" that would show up to clothing sales the day before ALS or the NCO Academy to build a new rack because I had a bunch stuff missing...hardly ever wore blues/service dress.

Threw out my boot camp issued blues when I last moved. Still in perfect condition, but obsolete. for about 25 years.

Stuff like this has been going on for years.
Last few Civil War Vets were all fakers.
The problem is two fold. One, it is disrespectful to those of us who have earned it and two, the monetary theft which ranges from a few dollars to millions. Stolen Valor is not just the wino on the corner. It reaches the highest levels of our military, our congress, and businesses.

Who has seen a panhandler with is sign that says "homeless plumber, please help"?

IMG_7285 - Copy.JPG

I had a Private come to reception for the 82nd back in the late 90's without jump wings on. Cadre told him he had to wear his jump wings all the time as it was a Division policy, so he went and got them sewn on.

He even did a jump before anyone figured out he never went to jump school. This was not the kids fault and everyone knew it. The Commanding General gave him a Army Achievement Medal and got him sent to Benning for the next class and he showed up to jump school with a jump log.......... His entire chain of command and NCO support chain was relieved. After that we had a 100% inspection of Jump logs, airborne orders, and Graduation Certificates form Airborne School. It was not a fun time.

At the time 100% of the entire Division had to be on jump status, so nobody should have come without going to Airborne school.

No the same thing but a funny story.
At a Ranger School Graduation Ceremony the FT Benning CG at the time asked one of the Soldiers what he liked best about Ranger School, the Soldier replied with jumping out of airplanes. The CG then asked why did you like that the best and the Soldier responded with "because it was my first time". The CG sent him to Airborne School after that. This apparently happened at the Ranger School Graduation before mine, they checked and double checked our records that time.

So spending my tax dollars for un needed training, great.
Depends how you look at it. With PCS cycles you might bounce from one Mechanized Infantry unit to an Airborne unit or to another Light Infantry unit depending on shortages/fill requirements. Having the ability to plug and play because you have a like skilled force creates a lot of flexibility, something our line of work needs imo. I have been in units that are Mech, Light, Stryker, ABN (the ABN was as an OC).

Depends how you look at it. With PCS cycles you might bounce from one Mechanized Infantry unit to an Airborne unit or to another Light Infantry unit depending on shortages/fill requirements. Having the ability to plug and play because you have a like skilled force creates a lot of flexibility, something our line of work needs imo. I have been in units that are Mech, Light, Stryker, ABN (the ABN was as an OC).
They should nave never gotten rid of the 11M MOS. It worked much better that way, Light and Heavy. No reason to send people to Airborne school unless they were an 11B. Seeing all of the jokers running around a place like Fort Hood with Jump wings is ridiculous. Most will never go to an Airborne unit, especially if they are a 5 jump chump and an E6 or above. Need to be a JM to hold most leadership positions and can't even go to school until they get at least 8 more jumps.

We had an E7 11B 5 jump chump come to our Battalion in the 82nd. He was a Mech guy only for years as an 11M before they combined the 11M and 11B. He hung out in the S3 forever until he could get up to speed and pass school. That was a waste because he was holding a slot and we had to have our senior SL cover down as the PSG. for like 4 months.

Reactions: TurboTrout
I was just a pecker checker.......and now I just take blood pressures.

Doc
I remember I had to go to the TMC at Hood and saw one of my Soldiers there. I asked him what he was doing and he said "getting rodded off the range Sir". I said "carry on". I almost pissed myself laughing the way he said that.

• Haha
Reactions: SmolPP and Doc68

Seems a abuse of tax dollars, also what happens when Todd and Timmy don’t PLF right and tib/fib, now they are not combat capable outside of a desk, and mainstreet has to pay even more because they got hurt.

Reactions: stefan73
Seems a abuse of tax dollars, also what happens when Todd and Timmy don’t PLF right and tib/fib, now they are not combat capable outside of a desk, and mainstreet has to pay even more because they got hurt.

They get sent to Fort Hood. That is where Bragg send all of the broken, lame and terminated types...........

Reactions: stefan73
This is the worst case I'm familiar with. Cliff Notes...A retired E6 claimed to be an E9 with mega combat experience, purple heart, silver star, yada, yada. Was drawing disability pay. Married his best friend's wife and proceeded to murder him. Turned into quite an investigation. Was on Dateline.

Secrets in the Smoky Mountains

PLF also works for dismounting trucks and other vehicles;) keep your feet and knees together.

Reactions: TurboTrout
No fancy shadow boxes here
NICE! Closest I came to being up close and personal with a Pres., was when ol' man Bush stopped over in Germany(Rhein-Main) back in 83(?). Was working Enroute at the time, and had to stand on top of his limo to work on a flap pack on a C-141B, and yes, the little men in black suits were keeping an eye on me! Also, gave me a tour of said limo and let me sit in it. Was all cool, except, F's wouldn't take my pic in it! What a lead sled that vehicle was. Mac(y)
ETA: Oh, and since I am now caught up on this thread, it sure went to sh#t in a real hurry!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SmolPP and gimpy
Pretty easy to look up

Also never heard of any of them losing their shit over someone pretending to have the same job
Trafficked sex worker?
Tap 3 fast and 3 slow if being held against your will.

You don't have to be a rubber appendage Mr/Mrs Trout, I just asked what your dangerous gig was. You're bragging about being a stud in private sector but won't say what you actually do.. after the bragging and talk of all your ram air jumps, I was curious, sorry.

Some Rangers including their SGM were spending their days persecuting a bunch of ROTC shitheads in the barracks next door. Those fucktards were sober and living in a dry barracks and complained to the SGM about us, sitting drinking and bbq-ing while they suffered 20 feet away. The Sergeant Major came over to ask us to move it to the other side of the barracks and I offered to introduce him to our very own Ranger. He seemed intrigued in the same way a lion is when a lame wildebeest wanders by. We called the poseur out front and let him meet the man.

I was at Chaffee leading an opfor section. We were in the truck coming back from a long day and passing by some 101st line unit humping back to the barracks. They were just as tired as us. Another truck passed us and I heard someone yell shit about the infantry. I jumped off the truck and made the driver of that truck stop, got the ROTC platoon out, and lined them up at attention as the exhausted infantry walked by. Then made them fall in for the 8 miles back to the barracks while my section talked about ROTC pukes all they way. My RTO called in to let our PSG know why we were late and to also let the ROTC tacs know. We arrived and there was a reception waiting for the cadets..

Trafficked sex worker?
Tap 3 fast and 3 slow if being held against your will.

You don't have to be a rubber appendage Mr/Mrs Trout, I just asked what your dangerous gig was. You're bragging about being a stud in private sector but won't say what you actually do.. after the bragging and talk of all your ram air jumps, I was curious, sorry.

No worries, I don’t claim to be a stud nor do I really care for titles, or need group reaffirmation, simply was pointing out a few things by making said example.

Jumping a ram air isn’t some exotic thing, you can go learn and earn your license at most any DZ and there are tons of DZs in the US, being the world leader in aviation and all :)

Reactions: Two36
When you see the Jump Master get told the winds are18 knots and he flashes 10 and says go:eek::eek: "all ok Jumpmaster".
Been there ....... :mad:

Worst was when we had a 1 star Gen on the bird and it was pouring rain. Neither Airforce nor Army wants to call it because it is some type of Jump Chicken because who calls it pay for it..... The General was tired of the waiting around and doing racetracks. He needed to get to the ground and the fastest way was to jump. He told the ABN Commander that the jump was a GO!!!!!! I was completely soaked when I hit the ground like a bag a bricks. It also took me like an hour to get all of my shit to the turn in point because it weighted like 300 lbs wet........... 😫

Been there ....... :mad:

Worst was when we had a 1 star Gen on the bird and it was pouring rain. Neither Airforce nor Army wants to call it because it is some type of Jump Chicken because who calls it pay for it..... The General was tired of the waiting around and doing racetracks. He needed to get to the ground and the fastest way was to jump. He told the ABN Commander that the jump was a GO!!!!!! I was completely soaked when I hit the ground like a bag a bricks. It also took me like an hour to get all of my shit to the turn in point because it weighted like 300 lbs wet........... 😫
At least you weren't on the chute shaking detail for that. I had a friend that was pushing pallets out and got tangled up and went out with a pallet. He broke his back on that one. I had another friend that burned in and was told he wouldn't walk again, he is now a realtor and walking around.

Last edited:
To get back on subject, fakers detract from the real Soldiers that entered and the sacrifices they make. Many went because they felt the need to serve and many believe that if "I don't, then who will?". It is a noble profession that not many people will to make the sacrifice to do.

I know a lot of us who also do a lot of volunteer work for our communities because "if I don't do it, who will?".

So you are a "Bail recovery agent"?

Yeah, we all know they are scammers. Most vets are used to guys like you talking shit you can't back up too, so that is no big deal either. There are benefits associated with serving your country and the fakes are out there applying for VA loans, free college, the 5% boost for certain types of jobs, veterans preference for whatever and mooching free dinner on Veteran's Day.

When the ship/submarine catches fire, implodes or sinks, the cook dies along with Rambo. Most cooks don't take that risk. Most cooks are home on the holidays not 12 time zones from their families.

Personally, I'd like for Democrats to treat me as well as an illegal immigrant who walked across the southern border with 100,000 fentanyl pills.

When the ship/submarine catches fire, implodes or sinks, the cook dies along with Rambo. Most cooks don't take that risk. Most cooks are home on the holidays not 12 time zones from their families.

The VA loan and college money are fantastic benefits.

Our cooks almost always found us with hot chow - or the CSM brought up. Hot eggs on a cold wet morning when you are exhausted are a godsend. The few times we were near them, they were up before us most mornings and often stayed up late cooking for a unit coming back from a late day. There were a few weeks when they fed TWO battalions. I was glad to send guys for KP and always thanked the cooks when I dropped them off.

Not only that, the cooks' battle stations are not in the galley.

It's in the repair lockers and they are donning fire fighting gear.

None of your fucking business. You don't belong here.

So it not my business, but people want to cry about it publicly? Isn’t that making a effort to make said cause others business?

Again, it’s a valid question, how does a mentally I’ll person playing pretend take away one’s valor? What you or I have done in life can’t be taken away, sure as hell not by someone playing dress up.

Talk is cheap. You had plenty of chances, but you passed on all of them.

We've all heard shitbirds like you before "IF x happens, then I'm all in". Conveniently, X never happens.

I declined.

There is nothing brave about fighting a BS war for stock tickers and politicians.

And I agree, doubt we’ll fight a honorable and needed fight like china, well just go invade random shit hole 3rd world counties for profit, people don’t think the military industrial complex be like it be, but it do.

So it not my business but people want to cry about it publicly? Isn’t making effort to make said cause others business?

Again, it’s a valid question, how does a mentally I’ll person playing pretend take away one’s valor? What you or I have done in life can’t be taken away, sure as hell not by someone playing dress up.

"Stolen valor" is a colloquial name for people claiming military service and/or decorations/skills they did not earn in order to make financial gains.

It has nothing to do with one's valor or lack thereof.

The fact that you don't understand what this is what makes you so fucking retarded. On top of that, no one who served owes you an explanation of why we find this type of behavior so offensive.

If you want to understand, go sign up for military service and then do it. Otherwise, you're a nobody as far as this topic is concerned.