• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Alliant MR 4000 help

Carrbque

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2010
Abq, NM
Due to the BS going on right now, I was hoping to find a backup powder to my normal 300WM load.
The only powder I could find was MR 4000 and Hogdon 100 V.

Does anyone know/have load data for either of these? I tried the search and came up with nothing.
I am trying to find a good load for the Berger 230 Hybrids.

If somebody is willing to be helpful with quickload, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance gents!

i have used mr 4000 with 185's, i dont think you will get good velocity using the heavy stuff.
i was at 76 grains in federal brass for my max load and was around 3150, but in the powder crunch where in you could give it a go.

Due to the BS going on right now, I was hoping to find a backup powder to my normal 300WM load.
The only powder I could find was MR 4000 and Hogdon 100 V.

Does anyone know/have load data for either of these? I tried the search and came up with nothing.
I am trying to find a good load for the Berger 230 Hybrids.

If somebody is willing to be helpful with quickload, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance gents!

hope this helps... I bought 8lbs today of the 4000-MR
http://www.alliantpowder.com/resour...eloadersguide/2014_Alliant_Powder_Catalog.pdf