• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Amax for hunting debate closed

reeljob

Pastor
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2009
Galax, VA
I just picked up the Hornady Reloading 7th edition and it recognizes the Amax as a hunting bullet!! About time what we have already knew worked no longer needs to be debated! The website still has a note about hunting with match bullets but page 101 of the 7th edition states the #30502 & # 30712 Amax (168&178 grain) is a Target-Match, varmit, medium and large game bullet! The .243 105 grain,155 grain .308 & 6.5 140 grain Amax is rated up to medium game.

Re: Amax for hunting debate closed

This maybe explains why they came out with a 208gr BTHP match .30cal bullet, so they can fill Gov. contracts with the new BTHP 208 and can now call the Amax208 a hunting bullet.

I don't know this to be a fact but I've read they can't use "Hunting" rated bullets in military ammo.

Re: Amax for hunting debate closed

The 208gr may be for AAC's 300 Blackout, or just to run sub-sonic (for use with a can) in general.