• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AndiScan and Bulletseeker Doppler

Does the andiscan have to be rifle mounted or can it function reliably mounted to a tripod like I’ve seen with the bulletseeker?

Does the andiscan have to be rifle mounted or can it function reliably mounted to a tripod like I’ve seen with the bulletseeker?
As long as you get the unit sitting close enough to the barrel so the angle is within spec and the unit sitting level with the barrel it should be fine. I have literally held it by hand next to a buddies barrel and it read fine. Even confirmed with a standard chrono as well.

Reactions: hkguns
As long as you get the unit sitting close enough to the barrel so the angle is within spec and the unit sitting level with the barrel it should be fine. I have literally held it by hand next to a buddies barrel and it read fine. Even confirmed with a standard chrono as well.

Cool thank you. Really been wanting to buy a chrono but all of them seem to have a significant downfall. The bulletseeker looked promising but guys here have been reporting problems lately.

So I know some of us have had some issues with the bs4 and connection or picking up random low number readings. So I got in contact with longseeker and ssd and longseeker has been awesome! I got my bs4 shipped off and ssd is supposed to be sending me a new one once they receive it but they are on holiday until the 9th so Klara at longseeker is awesome and decided to send me one directly from their warehouse since DHL had to verify my package when they picked it up! It's supposed to be here Tuesday! Which I still haven't even got the parabolic adapter from ssd that I ordered back in October. Longseeker is awesome to work with

I guess I’m the odd one out here but I’ve had great luck with my bs4. Got it a little over 2 months ago and been very happy with it. Took me a while to figure out where it needed to sit to get consistent readings but now that I’ve got it, it’s been worth every penny. Recently sold my labradar cause I found myself gravitating towards this every time I went out to shoot. Easy to pack, app is super convenient and makes good use of technology, and I’ve found it to be very accurate on its readings

Klara at longseeker is awesome and decided to send me one directly from their warehouse since DHL had to verify my package when they picked it up! It's supposed to be here Tuesday! Which I still haven't even got the parabolic adapter from ssd that I ordered back in October. Longseeker is awesome to work with

We have a lot of shooters in my extended family, so we bought (2) BS4s, one from Longseeker and one from SSD. Totally agree that Longseeker and Klara are awesome. They are on things promptly and their communication is terrific. SSD has not been very good at all; poor communication and lots of delays. Longseeker had our BS4 to us in a couple weeks, Longseeker took months and provided almost no responses to inquiries. We also got an AndiScan from Jan and he is fantastic to work with.

BoulderE89, I have also had great results with the BS4. It's my "go-to" chronograph at this point. Super easy to set up and always works.

Reactions: BoulderE89
So I got to give an update on my BS4 and ssd. So as some of you might know I have had some issues with the bs4 I got from ssd. It was constantly spitting out readings like 750fps even if it was just sitting on my reloading bench. I first contacted ssd and they took forever to do anything and then finally I got in contact with Klara at longseeker back around December 10th. So ssd finally got me a return label from DHL. So on the 18th DHL came to pick it up which they have to inspect the package contents and everything then they seal it up and put the label on. So a couple days later I reached out to ssd because the plan was the old unit goes to ssd and longseeker sends the new unit to ssd and then they send it to me. So probably a couple months realistically. So I emailed ssd and asked if since DHL had to inspect it can they just send me the new one now well I got an auto response from ssd saying we will be out of the office from 12 21 until 1 9 23. So I was like well shit.. but the next day Klara emailed me and said hey I'm just going to send the new bs4 directly to you! I got the tracking that same day and it showed up on the 28th. Longseeker is totally awesome! Also I took it out yesterday and it picked up every shot no weird numbers or nothing. I did have it disconnect once but it was after sitting without a shot for awhile! I also noticed on the one I had issues with that after about a 3 hour range session the battery would go from 100 to about 20 percent. Yesterday after almost 3 hours it went from 100 down to 73%. So bottom line if you have issues reach out to Klara at longseeker she is badass!

So took my unit I got back end of November out today for first time. Had skimmed the manual before but must be missing something. I unfortunately went to range with quite a few subs but was unable to put it in low velo mode. What I’m gathering is I must firmware update to expert mode in order to get to low velo mode? Any help would be appreciated

Edit: I figured it out

Last edited:
Got my Andiscan a few weeks ago and got around to trying it recently. Before purchasing it I had been worried about having issues with both the Elite Iron bipod and the suppressor would make positioning on the rifle to get a reading difficult.
The first position I tried as in the picture provided a reading as well as a strong SNR value from the first shot. I have only run through 20 shots with the Andiscan rifle mounted, but it got good readings on all and no dropped shots. So my first impression is very positive.

Attachments

• IMG_1480.jpg
    IMG_1480.jpg
    597.6 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: hkguns and TylerN
I got my Andiscan sitting behind an Area419 Hellfire Match brake and a Fortmeier Bipod - both of which are a nightmare for radar to get behind. With the exception of 1 shot (the guy on the lane next to me fired like a fraction of a second before me) it picked up every single shot.
I do contemplated on getting the BSM4 but for me the Bluetooth and app combination for me is a huge no-go. What happens if the developer suddenly decides to quit? Or he dies? Or is in hospital for some months? This is definitely happening with lots of apps at least within the Apple ecosystem where you cannot get certain reloading apps anymore because fIrEaRmS and they do not get updates on a regular basis...

BTW, I ran into some small mechanical problems with my device and Jan was more than helpful and replied very quick to my mails. The Labradar costs just slightly less here in Europe and is limited due to the EU radiation restrictions to about 50% of its capability.

TStn6T1.jpg

Reactions: mordor and TylerN
I am liking my Andiscan more and more.

This past 2 day match was preceded by a tune up and zero day on Friday. The Andiscan allows me to keep it attached to my rifle on prop shooting to confirm my speed is correct and that the shooter is actually the problem 😆😆 and not my load.

Last edited:
What's the price of the andiscan? I'm thinking about picking one up and maybe trying to send the bs4 back or something

This includes the mount set, I paid exactly 980 Euros for the combination:
raAlrjx.png

The BSM4 with the parabolic antenna runs ~1200 Euros (1000 + VAT) and the Labradar (if it is actually in stock) ~900 Euros.

I've been a big proponent of the BS4.....until now. I went to the range Saturday and turned it on and the green light came on immediately and the unit froze up. It wouldn't connect to my device, it wouldn't turn off, it was just completely frozen. Some suggested that if I left it on until the battery died and recharged it, it should reset and start right up again. The BS4 has now been on since Saturday morning 2/11/23, 4 days ago, and it is still frozen up, will not turn off, and the green light is still on. Wonder how long this thing will take to drain the battery.:unsure: I haven't seen a device in years that does not have a reset button or a force power down feature, but these don't have it. You just have to wait it out. I have no idea if it will ever work again. I was great for about 4 months but now it has experienced a complete failure.

On another note, I can't get any response from Bulletseeker. Even Klara, who is usually very responsive, has gone silent. Makes me wonder if they are having longevity problems ....:unsure: Not great for a product that costs so much more than other options that actually work.

I've been a big proponent of the BS4.....until now. I went to the range Saturday and turned it on and the green light came on immediately and the unit froze up. It wouldn't connect to my device, it wouldn't turn off, it was just completely frozen. Some suggested that if I left it on until the battery died and recharged it, it should reset and start right up again. The BS4 has now been on since Saturday morning 2/11/23, 4 days ago, and it is still frozen up, will not turn off, and the green light is still on. Wonder how long this thing will take to drain the battery.:unsure: I haven't seen a device in years that does not have a reset button or a force power down feature, but these don't have it. You just have to wait it out. I have no idea if it will ever work again. I was great for about 4 months but now it has experienced a complete failure.

On another note, I can't get any response from Bulletseeker. Even Klara, who is usually very responsive, has gone silent. Makes me wonder if they are having longevity problems ....:unsure: Not great for a product that costs so much more than other options that actually work.
They seemed to have changed the name to speedtracker. https://www.speedtracker.tech/forum/welcome-to-the-forum/welcome-to-speedtracker

I have had the andiscan for a little over a month and have used it atleast once a week. Switching between rimfire subsonic and centerfire is a breeze. I mount it right to the side of a spuhr and it has no trouble picking up shots. Even shot a few stages in a match with it on to see how it was picking up the shots. It's an expensive pill to swallow but I sold my MS and have no reason to want for anything else. If you travel to matches, I don't think there is a better solution out there.

Reactions: NiteQwill
''Speedtracker'' is a 'general distributor' , looks like they are taking over the distribution of the Bulletseeker that was initially handled by Reloder.cz
"Coming in 2023 there will be new improved options for speed tracking products. The high tech product that you have loved in 2022 is now named SPEEDTRACKER. Turns out that couriers and customs officials don't really like the word "bullet", so this makes things simpler for everyone!" From the forum

Lowlight, now that you have had both the BS4 and the AndiScan for a few months, which do you prefer and why?

While having BS4 for couple of days, I am leaning towards to send it back. Zero communication from side of the producer during last ten days is really terrible (and btw. the email [email protected], which suppose to be the freshest contact available does not work...).

Jan from Andiscan gave me answers within one day. Also my impression is that the working distance of andiscan is longer then in case of bulletseeker, so it is less dependent on the way you mount it.

Last edited:
I had a few questions about the andiscan and posted then to the FB group in less than a hour Jan and others chimed in with help and I was able to figure it out. It's really easy to use once you understand how it works. And man is it small.

So for the folks in this thread, if I wanted to get one of these to replace my MS, which one should I get? I kind of like the Andiscan more so than the BS and it seems like it has less issue. What say you guys?

I replaced my V3 MS with an Andiscan and so far have no regrets. Its expensive but much easier to use, its always in my bag so I can check my MV anytime, even when shooting a stage. Have no experience with the BS but know a few others with the andi and they report similar results and are very happy with it.

I'm on the notification list for an Andiscan. What sold me was that it seems a lot more forgiving with distance from the from the muzzle. I run some long barrels with fat suppressors and the BS doesn't seem ideal for that application. Also, the Andiscan's built in screen is more appealing than the phone app. I just want a Chrono that is small and easy to keep in my range bag and that I can slap on the side of the rifle and read velocities off the unit.

I've been using a MS V4 with a wheeler mount for awhile and will be happy to replace it with a new radar micro-chrono. It's OK but is not easy to transport or store and still takes some position adjustment when setting it up.

So for the folks in this thread, if I wanted to get one of these to replace my MS, which one should I get? I kind of like the Andiscan more so than the BS and it seems like it has less issue. What say you guys?
Andiscan - it has worked well suppressed and unsurpressed. And also worked with my pistols.

It has an easy mode and expert mode if you like to tinker. I think you'll be happy with it.

Lowlight, now that you have had both the BS4 and the AndiScan for a few months, which do you prefer and why?

I'm not lowlight but I have both. I like them both for different reasons. Neither is perfect as evidenced by complaints on various threads.

Andiscan positives:

• Can use it without an app
  • Provides a ton of customization like offsets, barrel length, sensitivity, etc. (could be a negative depending on the user)
    • Easier to troubleshoot with the software tools
  • Firmware/software changes are very easy using the SD card
Negatives:

• Screen is small and tougher for my old eyes to read
  • Mounting it to the rifle requires some ingenuity and making of adapters
    • He provides adapters but my home-made ones are better
  • Sticks out side of rifle when shooting
BulletSeeker positives:

• Simple to use
  • Easy to clamp on arca rail
  • Never in the way when mounted forward on arca rail
  • App is easy and straightforward
Negatives:

• Must use an app
  • Tougher to troubleshoot when it doesn't work

Reactions: TylerN and mordor
I have the andi Sqi and I really like it . It was a bit over whelming at first but once I went through it a few times it’s not bad . I had a few problems with it not triggering a response when other people at the range fired at the same time so I emailed Jan and he had it updated and running great . its a small company and the owner will do what ever necessary to get it working and make you happy . But my only complaint is I hate the 3d printed thing especially the mounts . I want to order a few extra mounts since they’re so flimsy and it $110 euros shipping plus $ 60 for the mounts . Dose anyone make better mounts out of metal or even have 3d printing file so I can have them made state side for a fraction the cost ? Wish I was more handy there a market for better mounts
B829E6AC-89FC-467A-B60B-0CCC5679BDEE.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: TylerN
FYI: Newest firmware is out for the Andiscan

Easy update process
When was this updated? I just received mine last week.

Took it out for first time this past weekend and at first I ran it alongside my magneto. all shots fired were within 2 fps of each other.

After initially placing it alongside my scope and missing a few shots I moved it all the way towards the end of my arca rail and it didn’t skip a beat.

I was also happy to see that the newest generation has a much nicer housing versus the grey 3d printed ones I’ve seen.
8DAB7CFB-423E-42CC-893F-26A7F40510AE.jpeg

When was this updated? I just received mine last week.

Took it out for first time this past weekend and at first I ran it alongside my magneto. all shots fired were within 2 fps of each other.

After initially placing it alongside my scope and missing a few shots I moved it all the way towards the end of my arca rail and it didn’t skip a beat.

I was also happy to see that the newest generation has a much nicer housing versus the grey 3d printed ones I’ve seen. View attachment 8122401
You have the newest firmware then (2.5.0/2.4.0).

The new case is definitely nicer than the former. My buddy also got the newer ones and it's definitely an upgrade. Almost tempted to hit up Jan and see if an upgrade is available, but shipping may not be worth it. 😆

We did a soft test of the Andi, Speedtracker and Magnetospeed out at Quantico. We intend to add the Labradar and do a few more hours of testing with differing rifles and calibers. I wasn't involved in this test, but hope to be shooting and documenting the follow-on.

Resized_Resized_20230408_082232.JPEG

Resized_Resized_20230408_082238.JPEG

FYI: Newest firmware is out for the

I have the andi Sqi and I really like it . It was a bit over whelming at first but once I went through it a few times it’s not bad . I had a few problems with it not triggering a response when other people at the range fired at the same time so I emailed Jan and he had it updated and running great . its a small company and the owner will do what ever necessary to get it working and make you happy . But my only complaint is I hate the 3d printed thing especially the mounts . I want to order a few extra mounts since they’re so flimsy and it $110 euros shipping plus $ 60 for the mounts . Dose anyone make better mounts out of metal or even have 3d printing file so I can have them made state side for a fraction the cost ? Wish I was more handy there a market for better mountsView attachment 8122400
I didn't like the printed mounts either. I took my printed mounts to a hobby machinist and he made me some out of aluminum for $100.

The hardest part of the upgrade process is getting the uUSB out of the unit, even with small fingers. Gorilla fingers, good luck.

I didn't like the printed mounts either. I took my printed mounts to a hobby machinist and he made me some out of aluminum for $100.
Would your machinists be open to making more sets of the mounts? I'd be all over that.

When I talked to Jan about using metal mounts (which I was going to make) he said the plastic mounts are designed to break before the case. If the case breaks it's more difficult to repair vs the plastic mounts.

Reactions: Spuzzcat
When I talked to Jan about using metal mounts (which I was going to make) he said the plastic mounts are designed to break before the case. If the case breaks it's more difficult to repair vs the plastic mounts.
Parshal, thanks for the info. Maybe I will stay with the plastic mounts.

Would definitely be interested if he would sell newer case as a standalone upgrade. Should be too hard to swap the internals to a new case, unless there is epoxy or something inside.

Reactions: NM Desertrat