• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Anneal-Rite annealer any good?

goldeneagle

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2011
DE
I know there are the high-end annealers out there but my volume does not justify those yet. Is something like the Anneal-Rite worth the $100+/- or is the Anneal-Eez at around $275 a better option?

To anneal consistently, you need to bring the case necks up to the same temperature on every piece. Trying to accomplish this without a method of reliable timing in the flame is a crap-shoot at best. Save your money and get the Anneal-eez.

Well the Anneal-Rite does use Tempilaq 750 to get a consistent heating on each case.

And your point is?

My point is doing one case with Tempilaq isn't going to get you consistency across 100 cases unless you paint each one of your cases individually or are using a timing method of sorts (and I don't mean 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi). Even the DIY annealers have a controller that helps you time within fractions of a second the length of time your case is in the flame. Once set, all of your cases will receive same exposure to the flame and be, for the most part, annealed consistently as long as you monitor the flame length and keep it basically at the same temp.

The Anneal-Rite does tell you to use Tempilac in each case. I'm not trying to sell it. Just wondering if it is worth the $100 for someone not doing a ton of cases at once.

And your point is?

My point is doing one case with Tempilaq isn't going to get you consistency across 100 cases unless you paint each one of your cases individually or are using a timing method of sorts (and I don't mean 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi). Even the DIY annealers have a controller that helps you time within fractions of a second the length of time your case is in the flame. Once set, all of your cases will receive same exposure to the flame and be, for the most part, annealed consistently as long as you monitor the flame length and keep it basically at the same temp.

Will sell you mine for $75. Just bought an annealing machine and wont use it. PM if interested. Not trying to sell so no rush.

Dan

If you're going to "paint" each case, use the cordless drill, socket and torch method, as quietmike mentioned, and save yourself some money. Also, there are a couple of YouTube videos out that show how the make a system like the anneal-rite for under $20 using parts sourced from the hardware store. While your amount of annealing may seem low at this time, your shooting may increase or you may start annealing after every firing as many of us do now. Also, don't forget that painting each case with Tempilaq and then cleaning the inside of the neck to remove the paint residue is going to require additional time for the process.

Not saying the anneal-rite won't work but, in my opinion, the Anneal-Eez is a better option.